There are 249 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
The guy I have been all over getting from the beginning has been Bud Norris. Locked up with a great contract and a good pitcher. I was OK with the Giants getting Nolasco if they didnt have to give up much but I never said I would give up a top guy for him. I was never drooling about Gallardo like you were because he would cost too much.

Which is why he'll cost a lot as well.
Bud Norris would not cost as much to get as Gallardo most likely but he would be a much better addition. Your guy Gallardo has been awful this year.
Originally posted by robniner:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by Niners99:
"According to Joe Frisaro of MLB.com, the Dodgers and Giants have made the Marlins trade offers to acquire Ricky Nolasco.

The Dodgers are reportedly offering a pitching prospect, and are willing to take on the entire $5.7 million remaining on Nolasco's salary. The Giants are said to be offering a pair of pitching prospects, but aren't as willing to eat Nolasco's salary. With two offers already in hand, and other teams rumored to be interested in acquiring Nolasco, the Marlins should wind up with a nice package in return for the right-hander."

"a pair of pitching prospects". Please not again...This makes me cringe. We only have about 3-4 pitching prospects worth anything, and to lose TWO of them for Ricky freakin Nolasco would be a disaster. Hes a rental! It would be Sidney Ponson all over again.

Hopefully LA beats us out.

Nolasco is overrated and not worth giving up 1 very good prospect - let alone 2. I really fear what Sabean will do when he is panic mode.

The Giants are just NOT a good team. Period. End of story. Adding Ricky Nolasco isnt going to change that.

If I were the giants I would pull out of that ASAP after tonight, this team is done and not a single trade is going to help, it's time to sell

Who would you make available if you guys decide to sell?

Seriously doubt the Giants will be sellers. They may not be buyers but they wont be sellers either
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Not trying to troll at all, but I just don't think you guys will be competitive this season. I understand feeling like you are since you just won the WS, but I just don't see it with this years team. Your pitching has always carried you. First Timmy went to mediocre, and now Cain has been iffy.

I don't think it'd be smart to add this season. Just accept the season and try and improve next season. You guys need to give Posey something to work with on the offensive side. Belt, Sandoval, Scutaro, Pence, Crawford, etc just isn't gonna do it IMO.
"According to Joe Frisaro of MLB.com, the Dodgers and Giants have made the Marlins trade offers to acquire Ricky Nolasco.

The Dodgers are reportedly offering a pitching prospect, and are willing to take on the entire $5.7 million remaining on Nolasco's salary. The Giants are said to be offering a pair of pitching prospects, but aren't as willing to eat Nolasco's salary. With two offers already in hand, and other teams rumored to be interested in acquiring Nolasco, the Marlins should wind up with a nice package in return for the right-hander."

"a pair of pitching prospects". Please not again...This makes me cringe. We only have about 3-4 pitching prospects worth anything, and to lose TWO of them for Ricky freakin Nolasco would be a disaster. Hes a rental! It would be Sidney Ponson all over again.

Nolasco is overrated and not worth giving up 1 very good prospect - let alone 2. I really fear what Sabean will do when he is panic mode.

The Giants are just NOT a good team. Period. End of story. Adding Ricky Nolasco isnt going to change that.

If I were the giants I would pull out of that ASAP after tonight, this team is done and not a single trade is going to help, it's time to sell

Seriously doubt the Giants will be sellers. They may not be buyers but they wont be sellers either

There is word the Giants may be looking for a centerfielder due to the loss of Angel Pagan to an injury.
Bud Norris would not cost as much to get as Gallardo most likely but he would be a much better addition. Your guy Gallardo has been awful this year.

Don't go there. Norris has pitched a better first half, that's all.
Originally posted by SFrush:

Don't go there. Norris has pitched a better first half, that's all.

How many times does someone need to explain this to you. Norris would be a better addition because he is under control with a much better contract.

There is word the Giants may be looking for a centerfielder due to the loss of Angel Pagan to an injury.

Who would you suggest?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
how bout them Dodgers. Woooooo
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:

Kick rocks
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Schulman suggested we could sell on Pence, Timmy and Javier Lopez. If these guys keep losing I'm not against it.

Originally posted by Hopper:
Schulman suggested we could sell on Pence, Timmy and Javier Lopez. If these guys keep losing I'm not against it.

I dont think the Giants would sell on Pence because they have nothing in the OF coming up and I would guess they would want to resign him. Timmy is unlikely unless they pick up some money. The one that makes the most sense is Javy Lopez.
Originally posted by susweel:

Every single Dodger "fan" on this board is a fake fan. The Dodger thread is dead unless theyre playing well. Even then nobody posts on a regular basis. Fair-weather bandwagon fans shouldnt be trolling.
My prediction for the Giants all-stars tomorrow:

Buster Posey
Madison Bumgarner
Hunter Pence
Sergio Romo
I wouldn't mind the Giants selling right now, the prospect cupboard is basically bare.
My prediction for the Giants all-stars tomorrow:

Buster Posey
Madison Bumgarner
Hunter Pence
Sergio Romo

I dont think Pence should be on the team. I agree with the other 3 although if Bochy wasnt the manager Bumgarner and Romo would be on the bubble.

NL Outfielders that should be ahead of Pence:
Carlos Gomez
Carlos Gonzalez
Carlos Beltran
Michael Cuddyer
Andrew McCutchen
Dom Brown
Jay Bruce
Shin Soo Choo
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Jul 5, 2013 at 11:58 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone