There are 62 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by Garcia:
HYPOTHETICAL SITUATION:

What would it take for us to trade Romo to say ... the Tigers?

hypothetically, why the f*ck would we trade Romo?
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Originally posted by boast:

I mean, his value is arguably as high as it could get currently. A team like the tigers would probably give up a s**t ton of prospects to get him.

Anyone know about the Tigers farm system?
HYPOTHETICAL SITUATION:

Especially when our bullpen other than Romo sucks right now and the team is still in the race. Romo isnt going anywhere hypothetically or not.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
HYPOTHETICAL SITUATION:

Especially when our bullpen other than Romo sucks right now and the team is still in the race. Romo isnt going anywhere hypothetically or not.

Say were out of it at the deadline... should we trade him?
HYPOTHETICAL SITUATION:

You don't trade a closer unless you have someone to replace him. Right now, we don't.
HYPOTHETICAL SITUATION:

hell no
GGG
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
You don't trade a closer unless you have someone to replace him. Right now, we don't.

Hembree?
HYPOTHETICAL SITUATION:

If we were 10+ games back I would consider it. I'd want Castellanos and/or Rondon for him, but I doubt that'd happen. Closers just don't have a TON of value in terms of getting prospects back and Romo is a FA in 2015.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Hembree?

You really think a guy with a 1.5 whip and an era over 5 in the minors is going to be dependable enough to close right now?
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
If we were 10+ games back I would consider it. I'd want Castellanos and/or Rondon for him, but I doubt that'd happen. Closers just don't have a TON of value in terms of getting prospects back and Romo is a FA in 2015.

But Detroit is basically a closer away from a title... I'm sure they would pay a premium. I would only trade him for top prospects + more.... AND that we we're out of the race which doesn't seem likely to happen before the deadline.

I still have faith we are going to turn in around. I think we need to trade for a SP and Send Tim to the bullpen - that kills two birds with one stone.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
You really think a guy with a 1.5 whip and an era over 5 in the minors is going to be dependable enough to close right now?

No. But he would get a shot. I think a closer by committee would be fine. Casilla was doing well before his injury last year.

No. But he would get a shot. I think a closer by committee would be fine. Casilla was doing well before his injury last year.

Pointless discussion. Romo isnt going anywhere.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

But Detroit is basically a closer away from a title... I'm sure they would pay a premium. I would only trade him for top prospects + more.... AND that we we're out of the race which doesn't seem likely to happen before the deadline.

I still have faith we are going to turn in around. I think we need to trade for a SP and Send Tim to the bullpen - that kills two birds with one stone.

I can't say I agree with this. Their bullpen isn't that great in general and we swept them last year and it wasn't like they blew saves. I just don't think closers get a ton of return, even with desperate teams. I'd just rather keep Romo.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Pointless discussion. Romo isnt going anywhere.

Just entertaining thoughts on possible ways to restock our farm system without blowing up the team.

You want to talk pointless? How about talking baseball on a football forum? That's pretty pointless but that doesnt stop us from doing it.
[ Edited by Garcia on Jul 1, 2013 at 3:57 PM ]
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com