There are 65 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by Niners99:
lol, it sounds bad, but I think we would all be relieved if he was a bust. Im just going to have to convince myself that the Giants past history of only trading pitchers with future injury issues will continue. Like both Liriano and Ainsworth, we knew they wouldnt be able to stay healthy.

I would gladly take Liriano right now. Joe Nathan too.
tim lincecum for alex rios?

mlbtr says we are lookin at alex rios
[ Edited by ads_2006 on Jun 30, 2013 at 8:51 PM ]
Originally posted by ads_2006:

2007?

lol its 2007 again, only this time id be happy to make that deal.

We'd need a SP though.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran

This would be an amazing trade.

Although If it doesn't happen I hope we get a pitcher and send Lincy to the pen
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
lol, it sounds bad, but I think we would all be relieved if he was a bust. Im just going to have to convince myself that the Giants past history of only trading pitchers with future injury issues will continue. Like both Liriano and Ainsworth, we knew they wouldnt be able to stay healthy.

I havent been upset by the Liriano part of the deal since 2006. After he missed all of 2007, and then spent the next 5 seasons after that mostly sucking or hurt, it made the Pierzynski trade hurt less. It couldve been much worse for us.
feels good to finally be out of that losing streak..
thank you baby jeezus
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

I havent been upset by the Liriano part of the deal since 2006. After he missed all of 2007, and then spent the next 5 seasons after that mostly sucking or hurt, it made the Pierzynski trade hurt less. It couldve been much worse for us.

It certainly could have been worse. It was a god awful trade because AJ was just a rental player and the Giants were giving up talented arms. ( Nathan was still pretty young in 2006).
crazy how we're only 3 games behind lol.. hopefully july is a better month

id do it in a heartbeat, lincecum is done for in my opinion, best he can be is a bullpen arm now.
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
crazy how we're only 3 games behind lol.. hopefully july is a better month

no doubt we still in this b***h, unfortunately i think reds are going to be gunning hard for us this series starting tonight, they going to want payback for what happen in the playoffs, we going to need our A game.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:

id do it in a heartbeat, lincecum is done for in my opinion, best he can be is a bullpen arm now.

LOL Not a chance you would ever get Rios for Lincecum now. The White Sox are going to want prospects for Rios.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Sell the farm and get Giancarlo Stanton, kthxbye.
[ Edited by Garcia on Jul 1, 2013 at 12:57 PM ]
Originally posted by Garcia:
Sell the farm and get Giancarlo Stanton, kthxbye.

Good bye
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com