LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 257 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

• Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Pointless discussion. Romo isnt going anywhere.

Just entertaining thoughts on possible ways to restock our farm system without blowing up the team.

You want to talk pointless? How about talking baseball on a football forum? That's pretty pointless but that doesnt stop us from doing it.
[ Edited by Garcia on Jul 1, 2013 at 3:57 PM ]
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
If we were 10+ games back I would consider it. I'd want Castellanos and/or Rondon for him, but I doubt that'd happen. Closers just don't have a TON of value in terms of getting prospects back and Romo is a FA in 2015.

But Detroit is basically a closer away from a title... I'm sure they would pay a premium. I would only trade him for top prospects + more.... AND that we we're out of the race which doesn't seem likely to happen before the deadline.

I still have faith we are going to turn in around. I think we need to trade for a SP and Send Tim to the bullpen - that kills two birds with one stone.

Detroit wouldnt pay some crazy premium and give up their best prospects to get Romo. There are several closers out there that teams want to unload because of the money they make. KROD, Paplebon perhaps, Cishek, Parnell, Henderson, Perkins. All will be on the market ( maybe on Pap).
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Detroit wouldnt pay some crazy premium and give up their best prospects to get Romo. There are several closers out there that teams want to unload because of the money they make. KROD, Paplebon perhaps, Cishek, Parnell, Henderson, Perkins. All will be on the market ( maybe on Pap).

great points john.

what are some ways we can restock the farm system without blowing up the team?
isnt romo one of our more marketable guys?

giants brass wouldn't trade him unless its for a top tier guy
Originally posted by ads_2006:
isnt romo one of our more marketable guys?

giants brass wouldn't trade him unless its for a top tier guy

So is Panda, but I don't seem him getting extended. But I agree, we'd have to get something extremely good in return.
this dodge commercial is getting on my nervs, its all over youtube too and the song is getting annoying, was cool at first lol
Well that was a terrible first inning.
Kickham already throwing a perfect game
K'd Votto on a questionable strike but I'll take it.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

dam he throwing a gem so far. bah just as a say that he gives up a hit.

well f**k ..
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

dam he throwing a gem so far. bah just as a say that he gives up a hit.

And 2 runs.
ballgame, s**t what else is on tv, kinda expected this in a way, a guy like kickam who has no business being a starter against a potent reds lineup who is pissed off about last years playoffs.
Lol 4-0

It's so sad it's comical.

3 starts Kickham gets shelled in 1 inning.
Originally posted by Garcia:
I wouldnt bet on it. Unless Kickham has excellent control he will get rocked. His stuff isnt that great. However, you never know. Maybe he will surprise.

Lets make a bet.

If Kickham has a quality start tonight you ban yourself from the Giants thread for 2 weeks.
If he doesn't, I will ban myself for two weeks.

Deal?

(QS, 6 innings + < 3 ER allowed)

LOL His quality start is gone after 1.2 innings. I guess its lucky for you that I didnt bet but then again............. I wouldnt have anyone to pick on in here. I was actually hoping you were right but I highly doubted it.
Share 49ersWebzone