There are 67 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Anyone catch Kyle Crick last night in San Jose? In his second start back from being on the DL and he was nearly unhittable, giving up no runs, only 3 hits and a walk while striking out 8. Kid was popping the mitt at 97-98 and looking really, really strong. I'm telling you, stuff-wise, he's every bit the prospect Zach Wheeler is/was with us and I think the more people see him, the more they'll come to realize this.

then we're gonna trade him for Bud Norris

lol
Anyone catch Kyle Crick last night in San Jose? In his second start back from being on the DL and he was nearly unhittable, giving up no runs, only 3 hits and a walk while striking out 8. Kid was popping the mitt at 97-98 and looking really, really strong. I'm telling you, stuff-wise, he's every bit the prospect Zach Wheeler is/was with us and I think the more people see him, the more they'll come to realize this.

lol

Btw, as impressive as his high 90's fastball was, his secondary pitches were also sharp. He got a few strikeouts on a tight slider and his last K was on a curve that broke sharply down in the dirt....the hitter didn't have a chance.

I hope that Sabean isnt stupid enough to make the same mistake twice. Obviously he wouldnt do that for Norris but hopefully he doesnt trade the kid at all.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I hope that Sabean isnt stupid enough to make the same mistake twice. Obviously he wouldnt do that for Norris but hopefully he doesnt trade the kid at all.

Well he admitted in a recent interview the Beltran trade didn't work out to well. But at the same time, it really wouldn't surprise me that happens if the White Sox (for example) do a fire sale. I could totally see Sabes following through on his infatuation with Alex Rios.
Originally posted by ritchie:

Well he admitted in a recent interview the Beltran trade didn't work out to well. But at the same time, it really wouldn't surprise me that happens if the White Sox (for example) do a fire sale. I could totally see Sabes following through on his infatuation with Alex Rios.

Panda and any prospect we have other than Crick for Chris Sale. LOL I kid because Chicago would laugh. Sabean does make me nervous now at this time of year. However, he did go a good job getting Scutaro las year for nothing.
I would expect Houston to want Crick for Norris.

Good to hear we're not on Gallardo's no trade list.
Originally posted by ritchie:

Just my opinion, but I think this team is very different than the one in 2011. Our pitching (starters and relievers) with the exception of Zito were pretty solid that year....so it made sense to try and get a big bat and make a run at the post-season. Once in the playoffs, with our pitching staff, you never know what could happen even without Posey.

This team though is leaking oil everywhere. Inconsistent starting pitching, mediocre (at best) bullpen, piss-poor defense, terrible base-running and even the hitting (which was pretty good early on) has gone ice cold. Performance-wise, this is just not a championship-caliber team, so there's absolutely no reason to pull a "Wheeler" type trade.

lol

Btw, as impressive as his high 90's fastball was, his secondary pitches were also sharp. He got a few strikeouts on a tight slider and his last K was on a curve that broke sharply down in the dirt....the hitter didn't have a chance.

ooo i like the fact that he has a curve to go along with that mid-90s fastball
Panda and any prospect we have other than Crick for Chris Sale. LOL I kid because Chicago would laugh. Sabean does make me nervous now at this time of year. However, he did go a good job getting Scutaro las year for nothing.

I'd love Sale. I'd imagine a combination of (High Ranking Lower Level Prospect) Crick/Blackburn/Stratton with (Position player almost there) Brown/Peguero/Perez + 1 MLB Regular could get that done.

lol

ooo i like the fact that he has a curve to go along with that mid-90s fastball

He sits at 93-94 very comfortably, but he was hitting 97-98 when he wanted to, especially in strikeout situations. Again, as someone who spent time watching Zach Wheeler here in San Jose, I see no difference "stuff-wise." But I remember Wheeler giving up an inordinate amount of earned runs for such a top prospect, which I thought was weird.

Crick OTOH, just doesn't allow many earned runs and seems to have an uncanny ability to get out of tough jams.
Originally posted by SFrush:

Gallardo yes please

dam i kinda want to keep Crick though, and up and coming bonafide starter in the making, and the appeal of homegrown talent is nice.. tough choice but we hurting for help right now and im sure sabean thinks he needs to make a trade for the fans to have the team compete to defend the title.

They may want that but they would never get that. Norris is a good middle to back end guy with a good contract but not worth your top prospect thats for sure.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:

dam i kinda want to keep Crick though, and up and coming bonafide starter in the making, and the appeal of homegrown talent is nice.. tough choice but we hurting for help right now and im sure sabean thinks he needs to make a trade for the fans to have the team compete to defend the title.

Not a tough choice. Pass on Gallardo, dont trade Crick, and put a deal together for Norris without dealing Crick, Statton, or Blackburn.

They may want that but they would never get that. Norris is a good middle to back end guy with a good contract but not worth your top prospect thats for sure.

Absolutely. That would be a horrific trade and it would be totally unnecessary. Sure, Houston is going to want a top prospect back for Norris, but nobody is going to give them one so they'll settle for 2nd tier prospects. For us, that would be an Adelberto Mejia, Angel Villalona, Ty Blach or maybe even a Joe Panik. I also think Gary Brown could be in that mix.
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com