There are 126 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by NinerJedi:
For some reason, this team has no heart. No fire. Getting swept by the Dodgers in unacceptable. Are they just all tired? Someone needs to wake these guys up. They are World Series Champions.

My guess is, they're paying the price mentally, physically and systemically for doing what it takes to win 2 out of the last 3 titles. That's no easy feat, and historically, maintaining that level of play over an extended period just isn't realistic especially when you're not nearly as talented as the other teams around you. Plus, a lot of things went right for them over the last few years, which is unusual because baseball is a game of failure.

Bottom line, everything/everyone eventually regresses toward the mean.

It factors in to a certain extent, but they all had an offseason to recharge. The pitchers being leaned on for 3+ years now may be catching up to them, but I dont think its a mental "hangover". They just have some weaknesses that are being exposed. Both in 2010 and 2012 you could argue that our seasons wouldve been deemed failures if a couple factors dont play out. In 2010 we relied on a Padres mega-collapse to come back, and even then we had to win the division on the final day. Add in the Brooks Conrad play, and 2010 couldve easily went the other way.

In 2012 a Scott Rolen error late in game 3 allowed a season saving win. This team was never a powerhouse, we just come up big in big situations. Weve been walking a thin line with the rotation all these years now. It finally bit us in the butt this year. Hopefully we can take advantage of a weak division and find that magic again in 2013.

Damn. I hate to agree with you again but................ I do. The Giants had everything possible go their way in 2010 and 2012. Great fortune, all the breaks, and clutch performances at the right time. It just doesnt happen for teams every year and this year it certainly isnt. They may still get the magic back and being in a weak division makes it possible to still make a run.

I dont think its a mental hangover but I do believe that the number of innings and pitches may have caught up to them. I was not happy when Vogelsong pitched in the WBC ( I remember a debate with Ghost on this) because it was too many high stress pitches too early in the year. I do think it was a factor in his slow start. Timmy has just lost a lot on his fastball (not to mention command) which I believe is related to the number of pitches over the years. Zito.. well other than the playoffs of last year he is what he is.

This is what they need............... Vogey comes back and pitches well, Giants trade for Norris, Gaudin and Timmy go to the pen to solidify things there, and Buster, Pence, and Panda have huge 2nd halfs to carry the team. Not too much to ask is it?
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
lincecum friggin blows this year, wow can't wait to get rid of this clown.

so disrespectful, Lincecum has done so much for this team, the past 5 years. So what if he is struggling? So is Zito, he blows on the road. And Vogey was getting torched also this year. Traitor fans like you trashing former cy young winners. Cool story bro

Come on. We are fans - not traitors. Everyone appreciates what Lincecum did a few years ago but its 2013 and he is being paid $20 million this year and is awful. This makes 2 years in a row where he is one of the worst starters in the league. How would you feel if Kaepernick threw 3 interceptions every game and the 49ers finished 6-10 next year. Would you say we were traitors if we criticized him because of the fact that he lead them to the SB last year?

What Zito and Vogelsong have done has nothing to do with Tim Lincecum. This is solely about Timmy and his inability to once again help his team.

there is a difference between criticizing him and calling him a clown. He has been the best thing to happen to this team since Posey. Im just tired of people blaming him when the whole team blows right now.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
lincecum friggin blows this year, wow can't wait to get rid of this clown.

so disrespectful, Lincecum has done so much for this team, the past 5 years. So what if he is struggling? So is Zito, he blows on the road. And Vogey was getting torched also this year. Traitor fans like you trashing former cy young winners. Cool story bro

Come on. We are fans - not traitors. Everyone appreciates what Lincecum did a few years ago but its 2013 and he is being paid $20 million this year and is awful. This makes 2 years in a row where he is one of the worst starters in the league. How would you feel if Kaepernick threw 3 interceptions every game and the 49ers finished 6-10 next year. Would you say we were traitors if we criticized him because of the fact that he lead them to the SB last year?

What Zito and Vogelsong have done has nothing to do with Tim Lincecum. This is solely about Timmy and his inability to once again help his team.

there is a difference between criticizing him and calling him a clown. He has been the best thing to happen to this team since Posey. Im just tired of people blaming him when the whole team blows right now.

People dont blame just Lincecum. There is plenty of blame to go around. When a player underachives to the extent he has over the 2 years and makes the money he does it comes with the territory. But yes... clown is a poor choice of words.
John and 99 agreeing too much, making me nervous.
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
John and 99 agreeing too much, making me nervous.

99 comes to his senses now and then.
i still blame Wilson for stealing the teams juju.
Originally posted by boast:
i still blame Wilson for stealing the teams juju.

Seriously! Everything gets stuck in that f**ker's beard.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
John and 99 agreeing too much, making me nervous.

99 comes to his senses now and then.

We actually havent had very many arguments in the last year+.
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
John and 99 agreeing too much, making me nervous.

Exactly. WTF is this world coming to?

Originally posted by boast:
i still blame Wilson for stealing the teams juju.

we need to bring back the BEARD
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
John and 99 agreeing too much, making me nervous.

99 comes to his senses now and then.

We actually havent had very many arguments in the last year+.

Get a room.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
John and 99 agreeing too much, making me nervous.

99 comes to his senses now and then.

We actually havent had very many arguments in the last year+.

Get a room.

Thank god the team plays tomorrow.
BETTER WIN TODAY YO... get some get right
Anyone catch Kyle Crick last night in San Jose? In his second start back from being on the DL and he was nearly unhittable, giving up no runs, only 3 hits and a walk while striking out 8. Kid was popping the mitt at 97-98 and looking really, really strong. I'm telling you, stuff-wise, he's every bit the prospect Zach Wheeler is/was with us and I think the more people see him, the more they'll come to realize this.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Anyone catch Kyle Crick last night in San Jose? In his second start back from being on the DL and he was nearly unhittable, giving up no runs, only 3 hits and a walk while striking out 8. Kid was popping the mitt at 97-98 and looking really, really strong. I'm telling you, stuff-wise, he's every bit the prospect Zach Wheeler is/was with us and I think the more people see him, the more they'll come to realize this.

then we're gonna trade him for Bud Norris
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com