LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

• Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I guess I should have been jumping for joy and looked at the positives in one of the worst losses of the year for the Giants.

I was just kidding.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
I dont know if we should mortgage the future to bring in average players. Unless we are getting impact players - then I am not so sure the Giants should make any drastic moves.

We are not playing well... but Im not ready to hit the panic button yet.
This is by far the toughest part of the schedule, mostly against +500 teams, tons of road games and yes we should have beaten the marlins and dodgers but... it happens.

At the end of this month we will have majority of home games for awhile I think there is still pleanty of time to make a run, just need to stay around .500 and survive.

The pitching is coming around, if we can continue to pitch well I think we will start winning more games. This is still mostly the same team as last year there is no reason this group alone can't turn it around. Other than maybe trading Gary Brown I'm not really on board with giving up any of our top prospects from an already thin farm system.

I dont think one move will make this team drastically better. It's up to the players to execute, obviously they are more than capable.
[ Edited by Garcia on Jun 26, 2013 at 2:30 PM ]
It's not just about getting impact players but also planning for the future. We have to replace two pitchers at the very least next year and getting someone who's cost-controlled without having to break the bank would be fantastic if they don't give up top prospects for a 3/4/5.

We'll see I guess, there's certain people who would be worth trying to get by giving up some decent prospects (Gallardo), but I think everyone is just worried about Sabean. I think he did well last year to get Scooter and Pence, but failed miserably the year before. Toss-up for me right now.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
It's not just about getting impact players but also planning for the future. We have to replace two pitchers at the very least next year and getting someone who's cost-controlled without having to break the bank would be fantastic if they don't give up top prospects for a 3/4/5.

We'll see I guess, there's certain people who would be worth trying to get by giving up some decent prospects (Gallardo), but I think everyone is just worried about Sabean. I think he did well last year to get Scooter and Pence, but failed miserably the year before. Toss-up for me right now.

If the F.O. think Perez is worth anything or they have other prospects they like better for the future outside Gary Brown I can definitely see them trading him with 'depth' at that position. Depends how they feel about him and the rest of OF prospects.

Pence and Scoot were steals. If we can get more deals like that Im all for it. But they better leave Crick, Hembree, Stratton and a few others alone.

What do you guys think is the ceiling for Kickham?
I think he can be a back end guy the rest of this year. When Vogey comes back move Lincy to the bullpen for a super-utility long relief guy - we need that desperately.
[ Edited by Garcia on Jun 26, 2013 at 4:14 PM ]
Originally posted by Garcia:
I guess I should have been jumping for joy and looked at the positives in one of the worst losses of the year for the Giants.

I was just kidding.

Classic
If the F.O. think Perez is worth anything or they have other prospects they like better for the future outside Gary Brown I can definitely see them trading him with 'depth' at that position. Depends how they feel about him and the rest of OF prospects.

Pence and Scoot were steals. If we can get more deals like that Im all for it. But they better leave Crick, Hembree, Stratton and a few others alone.

I think he can be a back end guy the rest of this year. When Vogey comes back move Lincy to the bullpen for a super-utility long relief guy - we need that desperately.

Opposing batters are hitting .343 against him and his ERA is > 10. He's borderline Fresno material right now and shouldn't be in the Majors yet.
Originally posted by SoCal9er:

Opposing batters are hitting .343 against him and his ERA is > 10. He's borderline Fresno material right now and shouldn't be in the Majors yet.

Agreed. Kickham is not ready to be an effective starting pitcher right now and quite frankly I doubt he ever will be . Just not impressed at all
In before 2 games under .500
Well at least we didn't get no-hit.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Well at least we didn't get no-hit.

Nope. But I think there is a good chance we get shutout.

Never been so happy to be wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Jun 26, 2013 at 8:07 PM ]

• boast
  • Hella Fame
Hanley is a Giant killer. f**k him!
Posey doe
MVPosey.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Agreed. Kickham is not ready to be an effective starting pitcher right now and quite frankly I doubt he ever will be . Just not impressed at all

You must be an amazing scout to realize this after two starts.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
hey belt good job hitting a HR and getting 2 RBIs, here is the bench.

I
Share 49ersWebzone