LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 244 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Well that was tough to watch. So many mistakes. That's different than being unhealthy. Injuries and Bad baseball is wearing on everyone. Total slump from Bochy down. G'S need a big spark from someone to get something going. Just grinding everyday until you get healthy is no longer working as they are below .500 now.

I am sad.

I am tired of the LF platooning. They need a serious bat, but I am afraid of what Sabean will sacrifice to get one.

at this point, i wanna keep Perez out there with Blanco and Pence.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Well that was tough to watch. So many mistakes. That's different than being unhealthy. Injuries and Bad baseball is wearing on everyone. Total slump from Bochy down. G'S need a big spark from someone to get something going. Just grinding everyday until you get healthy is no longer working as they are below .500 now.

I am sad.

I am tired of the LF platooning. They need a serious bat, but I am afraid of what Sabean will sacrifice to get one.

but Torres has actually been a nice bat for us, with some key RBI's lately, just defensively is
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
This game epitomized the Giants season:
* Mediocre starting pitching
* Bad defense
* A pitcher giving up a run on a pickoff attempt with the motherf**king pitcher up at the plate and 2 outs
* Perez cant get a damn bunt down in the 9th
* Blanco isnt smart enough to let a curve nick him to load the bases in the 9th - instead jumps out of the way

Pathetic baseball
We can't do anything right.
f**k you Matt Kemp. I hope u broke ur hand slamming ur hand on the wall. Little punk
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

I am sad.

but Torres has actually been a nice bat for us, with some key RBI's lately, just defensively is

The team can hit. Just cant do it when they need to score.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Garcia:
A lot of negatives, but rather than focusing on those as some seem to love to, cough NinerJohn/99 cough....

Some positives from tonight:

I liked what I saw from Kickham. Other than bad location on some fastballs that got jacked, I thought he battled and gave us a chance to win. If our bullpen isnt as taxed as they are, I think he gets taken out after he gives up that double in the 6th inning before Hanley's two run shot.

Great game Brandon Belt, Crawford and Hunter Pence.
Making impacts on both sides of the ball. Hopefully Belt gets hot. Great sliding basket catch from Craw tonight, Pence doing it with the Bat and Glove as well.

Posey is a streaky hitter, hopefully he gets hot.

Almost came back, if not for a great matt kemp play we would have won.

We just got to get through this brutal stretch of schedule at .500 ... then I think we will be Okay as we have mostly home games the rest of the way.

Theres a difference between being negative and being realistic. Its fine that you want to point out the positives, but the fact of the matter is the Giants are in a tailspin. We are now below .500 this late into the season for the first time since 2008, our players are dropping like flies, the starting rotation needs help, and the best we can come up with is Mike Kickham, who is barely qualified to be starting at AAA.

This is starting to look like 2011. Its still early, but our prolonged defensive slumps, injury riddled roster, and bullpen that cant hold a lead doesnt bode well.

I guess I should have been jumping for joy and looked at the positives in one of the worst losses of the year for the Giants.
Bottom line: The Giants' MO is completely absent from their gameplay right now. No timely hitting, no top-flight pitching occurring.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Bottom line: The Giants' MO is completely absent from their gameplay right now. No timely hitting, no top-flight pitching occurring.

agreed, but i wouldn't say no timely hitting. Pence has been a complete BEAST.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

agreed, but i wouldn't say no timely hitting. Pence has been a complete BEAST.

Unfortunately the rest of the team not so much. The bases loaded fails by Crawford two days ago...
OMG i cant stand Jon Miller anymore! He made the Kemp catch call like it was a HR or over his head. I HATE that BS.

dude in all fairness, all our commentators do that, especially Fleming.

Miller is much worse than Flemming when it comes to that, and Kuiper doesnt do it at all. Ironically, Kuiper is the TV side, yet he does the better job of conveying the outcomes of plays with tone.

Miller got much more excited about Kemp's catch than even Vin Scully did.

Miller is much worse than Flemming when it comes to that, and Kuiper doesnt do it at all. Ironically, Kuiper is the TV side, yet he does the better job of conveying the outcomes of plays with tone.

not saying much about Scully. due to his old age, he doesn't sound too excited about anything

not saying much about Scully. due to his old age, he doesn't sound too excited about anything

Vin Scully at 85 is still >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jon Miller.

Vin Scully at 85 is still >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jon Miller.

really? maybe because i'm much younger (not a jab at your age, John ) that I don't appreciate Scully as much. Miller FTW!

really? maybe because i'm much younger (not a jab at your age, John ) that I don't appreciate Scully as much. Miller FTW!

Maybe. Scully is the greatest baseball announcer ever in my opinion. He still does the entire game by himself. No side kick, no taking off innings. I think he can tell the story of a game without being a crazy homer like many do.

Jon Miller annoys me. Not sure why but I have never thought he was great.
Maybe. Scully is the greatest baseball announcer ever in my opinion. He still does the entire game by himself. No side kick, no taking off innings. I think he can tell the story of a game without being a crazy homer like many do.

Jon Miller annoys me. Not sure why but I have never thought he was great.

really? every time i listen to Miller on the radio, i feel like i'm being comforted while enjoying the game lol
Share 49ersWebzone