LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

blow this team up and rebuild for next 10 years
im done watching for a bit, stayed up late for this s**t argh, till we get our team healthy again atleast.
Originally posted by jrg:
A's

This.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by jrg:
A's

This.

EAD
[ Edited by teeohh on Jun 25, 2013 at 10:41 PM ]
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
This game epitomized the Giants season:
* Mediocre starting pitching
* Bad defense
* A pitcher giving up a run on a pickoff attempt with the motherf**king pitcher up at the plate and 2 outs
* Perez cant get a damn bunt down in the 9th
* Blanco isnt smart enough to let a curve nick him to load the bases in the 9th - instead jumps out of the way

Pathetic baseball

Maybe they shouldve brought Zito in to get that bunt down instead of Perez. It sounds funny, but I think I trust Zito in a bunting situation more than any other Giant. Hes gotten so good at getting the job done.
Originally posted by Niners99:
* Bad defense
* A pitcher giving up a run on a pickoff attempt with the motherf**king pitcher up at the plate and 2 outs
* Blanco isnt smart enough to let a curve nick him to load the bases in the 9th - instead jumps out of the way

Pathetic baseball

Maybe they shouldve brought Zito in to get that bunt down instead of Perez. It sounds funny, but I think I trust Zito in a bunting situation more than any other Giant. Hes gotten so good at getting the job done.

Funny that you say that. I was watching the game with a friend and said the very same thing. Zito is the best bunter on the team when it comes to laying down sacrifices.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
A lot of negatives, but rather than focusing on those as some seem to love to, cough NinerJohn/99 cough....

Some positives from tonight:

I liked what I saw from Kickham. Other than bad location on some fastballs that got jacked, I thought he battled and gave us a chance to win. If our bullpen isnt as taxed as they are, I think he gets taken out after he gives up that double in the 6th inning before Hanley's two run shot.

Great game Brandon Belt, Crawford and Hunter Pence.
Making impacts on both sides of the ball. Hopefully Belt gets hot. Great sliding basket catch from Craw tonight, Pence doing it with the Bat and Glove as well.

Posey is a streaky hitter, hopefully he gets hot.

Almost came back, if not for a great matt kemp play we would have won.

We just got to get through this brutal stretch of schedule at .500 ... then I think we will be Okay as we have mostly home games the rest of the way.
Originally posted by Garcia:
A lot of negatives, but rather than focusing on those as some seem to love to, cough NinerJohn/99 cough....

Some positives from tonight:

I liked what I saw from Kickham. Other than bad location on some fastballs that got jacked, I thought he battled and gave us a chance to win. If our bullpen isnt as taxed as they are, I think he gets taken out after he gives up that double in the 6th inning before Hanley's two run shot.

Great game Brandon Belt, Crawford and Hunter Pence.
Making impacts on both sides of the ball. Hopefully Belt gets hot. Great sliding basket catch from Craw tonight, Pence doing it with the Bat and Glove as well.

Posey is a streaky hitter, hopefully he gets hot.

Almost came back, if not for a great matt kemp play we would have won.

We just got to get through this brutal stretch of schedule at .500 ... then I think we will be Okay as we have mostly home games the rest of the way.

Theres a difference between being negative and being realistic. Its fine that you want to point out the positives, but the fact of the matter is the Giants are in a tailspin. We are now below .500 this late into the season for the first time since 2008, our players are dropping like flies, the starting rotation needs help, and the best we can come up with is Mike Kickham, who is barely qualified to be starting at AAA.

This is starting to look like 2011. Its still early, but our prolonged defensive slumps, injury riddled roster, and bullpen that cant hold a lead doesnt bode well.
* Bad defense

Pathetic baseball

Funny that you say that. I was watching the game with a friend and said the very same thing. Zito is the best bunter on the team when it comes to laying down sacrifices.

In that situation, you want to make sure you the job gets done. Kind of a questionable call to trust it to a rookie. I don't know what his track record for bunting has been in the minors, but clearly the move backfired. He pulled the bat back from a strike...

Its hard to predict how things would've gone had the bunt been successful, because obviously Blanco struck out anyways, but maybe his approach changes with men on 2nd and 3rd.
Well that was tough to watch. So many mistakes. That's different than being unhealthy. Injuries and Bad baseball is wearing on everyone. Total slump from Bochy down. G'S need a big spark from someone to get something going. Just grinding everyday until you get healthy is no longer working as they are below .500 now.

I am sad.

so how did Kickham do in his 2nd start?
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Well that was tough to watch. So many mistakes. That's different than being unhealthy. Injuries and Bad baseball is wearing on everyone. Total slump from Bochy down. G'S need a big spark from someone to get something going. Just grinding everyday until you get healthy is no longer working as they are below .500 now.

I am sad.

I am tired of the LF platooning. They need a serious bat, but I am afraid of what Sabean will sacrifice to get one.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

I am sad.

I am tired of the LF platooning. They need a serious bat, but I am afraid of what Sabean will sacrifice to get one.

I'm not. As long as its not Crick, I am not sure I give a crap. But it better not be a couple month rental without a follow on deal.
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
<<<<<<<<<<<<<in da laD
OMG i cant stand Jon Miller anymore! He made the Kemp catch call like it was a HR or over his head. I HATE that BS.

dude in all fairness, all our commentators do that, especially Fleming.
Share 49ersWebzone