There are 113 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Still too early to worry? I dont know anymore.
not worried yet. 2.5 back and it's not even the all-star break yet and the team is dealing with s**t ton injuries. plenty of time to get this thing back on track.
geezus man..
Kap's first pitch had some fuzz on it. I was kind of surprised he risked a real throw, since itd been so long. Just from a nerves perspective. Brandon Webb embarrassed himself by bouncing a first pitch in AZ earlier this year, and he wasnt that far removed from being in the big leagues.

Now I kind of want to see him take some warm up throws and throw from the windup to see how close to 94 he can still get...

lol Kap should pull a Deion and come pitch out of the pen for the Giants up until football season. Even just for one inning would be the greatest thing ever.
Originally posted by boast:
not worried yet. 2.5 back and it's not even the all-star break yet and the team is dealing with s**t ton injuries. plenty of time to get this thing back on track.

This exactly. We need to get healthy. I know the G'S are exploring pitchers, but maybe they need to look at a bullpen arm.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by boast:

This exactly. We need to get healthy. I know the G'S are exploring pitchers, but maybe they need to look at a bullpen arm.

we need cliff lee
Originally posted by Niners99:
Kap's first pitch had some fuzz on it. I was kind of surprised he risked a real throw, since itd been so long. Just from a nerves perspective. Brandon Webb embarrassed himself by bouncing a first pitch in AZ earlier this year, and he wasnt that far removed from being in the big leagues.

Now I kind of want to see him take some warm up throws and throw from the windup to see how close to 94 he can still get...

lol Kap should pull a Deion and come pitch out of the pen for the Giants up until football season. Even just for one inning would be the greatest thing ever.

f**k that. There's no way I want to risk our star QB to a potential arm injury just so he can pitch out of the pen for the Gs. Silly talk.
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
For whatever reason, Marlins flat out own the Giants

I don't know past Giants history w/ them, but the Cardinals recently had trouble w/ them as well. Marlins playing a little better lately.

It's like 9th time in a row they've beaten us at home or something ridiculous.
If we are within striking distant in August then we should be fine
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Still too early to worry? I dont know anymore.

we should just blow up the team and begin a 10 year rebuild
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hopper:

10 K's in 4 innings
If they can be just 5-10 games above 500 a week before the trading deadline and can get an upgrade in LF and acquire two mid tier starters, I would like our chances.

I do keep in mind at one point in 2010 we were 41-40 but with that said we certainly don't have an up and coming Buster Posey and Madison Bumgarner in the farm system like we did in 2010
[ Edited by sfgiantdave on Jun 22, 2013 at 1:16 PM ]
Zito scores another run
Here comes Affeldt....
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com