There are 130 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Dudes, that Pagan news sucks.
Watching the Angels game and seeing how crappy Josh Hamilton is now. Makes me laugh that several people in here wanted to pay him $175 million dollars. Pagan was a bad signing for 4 years but at least the Giants arent stuck with Hamiltons contract.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Watching the Angels game and seeing how crappy Josh Hamilton is now. Makes me laugh that several people in here wanted to pay him $175 million dollars. Pagan was a bad signing for 4 years but at least the Giants arent stuck with Hamiltons contract.

Between Hamilton and Pujols, theyve wasted a historic amount of money on 2 players. Pujols is limping around like hes in the final year of his contract, not the 2nd. I have NO idea what the Angels were thinking. It was so obvious that they were both past their primes heading into free agency. To give them 365 mil over the next 5-10 years in insane.

The worst part is theyre going to have those 2 enormous money pit contracts on their payroll for the next decade, so they arent going to have the extra cash to build a team around Mike Trout, who could be the premier player of his generation.

The Dodgers being 8.5 games out of 1st place, and the Angels being 9 games out with a combined 360 million dollar payroll is highly enjoyable.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Jun 21, 2013 at 2:41 AM ]
Originally posted by bayarealuv:
affeldt a cold bum

Affeldt's problem is that his control has to be perfect in order to be effective. If he doesnt have just the right feel for his slurve, its either BP or he cant find the zone.

If only Heath Hembree wasnt pitching like crap. He could be very useful right now.
Originally posted by Niners99:

Between Hamilton and Pujols, theyve wasted a historic amount of money on 2 players. Pujols is limping around like hes in the final year of his contract, not the 2nd. I have NO idea what the Angels were thinking. It was so obvious that they were both past their primes heading into free agency. To give them 365 mil over the next 5-10 years in insane.

The worst part is theyre going to have those 2 enormous money pit contracts on their payroll for the next decade, so they arent going to have the extra cash to build a team around Mike Trout, who could be the premier player of his generation.

The Dodgers being 8.5 games out of 1st place, and the Angels being 9 games out with a combined 360 million dollar payroll is highly enjoyable.

It is amazing how stupid the Angels have been. When you think about it, how many players that have gotten huge free agent money have ever been worth it? Not many thats for sure. Everyone gets all worked up with the big names but forget that these players are typically past their prime years and most likely to go down than up.

I was critical of Sabean for giving Pagan 4 years and Affeldt 3 years. I did want them back but not at the # of years given. Sabean's track record with free agency and handing out multiple year deals is pretty horrific. At least, he didnt bite on any Hamilton even though they needed a LF.
Originally posted by Niners99:

and mike trout has to get paid after this year, good luck with that LMAO
Scott Feldman also a bay area dude who's rumored to want to come back home to play. He'd be a decent 4th-5th.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Scott Feldman also a bay area dude who's rumored to want to come back home to play. He'd be a decent 4th-5th.

From my hometown. Burlingame High School.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
I want pitchers!
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

From my hometown. Burlingame High School.

Having a total fluke season but maybe he'd benefit from a pitcher's park.
Originally posted by Muggins:

is that Romo?
Originally posted by boast:
is that Romo?

haha yea
Originally posted by Muggins:

lmao
  • DRnSFw
  • Veteran
gonna be at the park tonight, who's going?
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com