There are 63 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by Muggins:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Man, I wouldn't have wanted to see a real fight for suspension reasons, but was anyone thinking madBum would have destroyed that dude. He gave the guys the lets go head nod and kept walking toward the batters box. His country ass would have went all Nolan Ryan on him.

Yeah I agree. I mentioned that when it happened. Bum is bigger and probably stronger than that dude.

dude is freakish strong. I mentioned this last year, but last year when the Giants played in DC against the Nats...Bum was taking BP and was hitting homers on the left field porch above the stands. They were by far the longest shots of anyone taking BP, and probably were 450+ foot shots. Next time you see a Nats game, look behind the left field seats and you will see a big concrete walkway with a building behind it. He was hitting it up there by the building. Hella strong.
Man, I wouldn't have wanted to see a real fight for suspension reasons, but was anyone thinking madBum would have destroyed that dude. He gave the guys the lets go head nod and kept walking toward the batters box. His country ass would have went all Nolan Ryan on him.

Yeah I agree. I mentioned that when it happened. Bum is bigger and probably stronger than that dude.

Plus Bum was ready to throw down Bones Jones style.

dude is freakish strong. I mentioned this last year, but last year when the Giants played in DC against the Nats...Bum was taking BP and was hitting homers on the left field porch above the stands. They were by far the longest shots of anyone taking BP, and probably were 450+ foot shots. Next time you see a Nats game, look behind the left field seats and you will see a big concrete walkway with a building behind it. He was hitting it up there by the building. Hella strong.

that got me hyped seeing Bum's calm ass walking towards the batter's box saying "let's go". he would've pounded that scrub.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
that got me hyped seeing Bum's calm ass walking towards the batter's box saying "let's go". he would've pounded that scrub.

Ya, but dude took him yard after, but we got the win which is all that counts.
Originally posted by SF69ers:

Ya, but dude took him yard after, but we got the win which is all that counts.

Guzman = a scrub that is also a Giants killer :(
madbum is a G..

When I saw the highlights later and Bum motioned at him "lets go" I was like ... Bum would've whooped his ass
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Oh.. but giving Barry Zito another 16 million is realistic?

Over two years. 7M/per so that would be 14m total.
I'm still waiting for your solution, you have provided nothing.

LOL. Not sure I need to provide anything to you other than to say paying Barry Zito 21 to 23 million dollars is about as realistic as Pablo Sandoval checking in at 190 next year.

Where are you getting 23 million from? $7 Mill per year over 2 years = $14m

And please get off this personal vendetta against me. It's really childish.
Ever since I called you and 99 out for having a pointless argument(s), which wasn't even Giants related, you have been quoting all my posts and analyzing every word.

Please, get the f**k over it.

I have no vendentta against you. I just think you are a lousy poster and not very informed.

Lets do the math... 7 million if Giants opt out of the currnet contract + 14 million for a new deal for 2 years = 21

ist grade Math
+14
_____
I think the next 3 weeks will decide if the Giants make a big trade for a pitcher. If Lincy and Zito continue to struggle and the Giants are still in the race I dont think there is any question that they will go after a starter. Bud Norris is the most likely guy.

I could see something like this going down........... Gary Brown and Chris Heston or Edwin Escobar for Norris. I would hope the Giants wouldnt deal Crick, Stratton, Agosta, or Blackburn but I wouldnt be shocked at any of them going either.
I think the next 3 weeks will decide if the Giants make a big trade for a pitcher. If Lincy and Zito continue to struggle and the Giants are still in the race I dont think there is any question that they will go after a starter. Bud Norris is the most likely guy.

I could see something like this going down........... Gary Brown and Chris Heston or Edwin Escobar for Norris. I would hope the Giants wouldnt deal Crick, Stratton, Agosta, or Blackburn but I wouldnt be shocked at any of them going either.

I'm tired of us trading away our type guys for not always a perfect deal. We need to save Gary Brown 1 more year

I wonder if they might want a guy like Angel Villalona instead. He's the perfect guy for that stadium and I don't believe they have anything in the pipeline in terms of a serious 1st base prospect. Who knows, that might've been what the Giants had in mind all along instead of just parting ways with him after the murder stuff....see if Angel could salvage his career to the point where he could be used as a trade piece.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
I have no vendentta against you. I just think you are a lousy poster and not very informed.

Lets do the math... 7 million if Giants opt out of the currnet contract + 14 million for a new deal for 2 years = 21

ist grade Math
+14
_____

thats exactly why I am saying we opt out and re-sign him. Opt out, he gets 7mill. Give him an extra million + and $6m the following year and youre good.

it's only a solution if we do not bring vogey and timmy back.
I think Timmy is a goner and Vogey has been way worse than Zito this year so far. I am not sure he turns it around - definitely a wait and see thing.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

I'm tired of us trading away our type guys for not always a perfect deal. We need to save Gary Brown 1 more year

Well.. I hear you. This would not be like the infamous Wheeler for Beltran deal. Norris has a very cheap contract and is a proven major league starter that I would classify as a #3 or #4 guy in any rotation. Gary Brown is certainly a dilemma. If he gets it together and suddenly becomes what you hoped for then you would kick yourself for dealing him. If he sucks again next year then he has absolutley no trade value.

ist grade Math
+14
_____

thats exactly why I am saying we opt out and re-sign him. Opt out, he gets 7mill. Give him an extra million + and $6m the following year and youre good.

it's only a solution if we do not bring vogey and timmy back.
I think Timmy is a goner and Vogey has been way worse than Zito this year so far. I am not sure he turns it around - definitely a wait and see thing.

This is NOT what you were saying before. Nice to see you change your stance though. Obviously most of us want the Giants to opt out of the contract and offer him a $1 million dollar deal. What we dont want is to pay him $7 million up front and then pay him 7-8 per year like you wanted before. LOL at you reducing the following year now to 6M.
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Well.. I hear you. This would not be like the infamous Wheeler for Beltran deal. Norris has a very cheap contract and is a proven major league starter that I would classify as a #3 or #4 guy in any rotation. Gary Brown is certainly a dilemma. If he gets it together and suddenly becomes what you hoped for then you would kick yourself for dealing him. If he sucks again next year then he has absolutley no trade value.

I would trade Gary Brown for Norris in a heartbeat, especially with the emergence of Perez (who might end up being about the same player as Brown is, but is more versatile and has a better arm).
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com