There are 208 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Affeldt ruining SP quality starts once again.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Affeldt gives it up once again, this guy has done jack s**t since relieving jonathon Sanchez in the nlcs 2 years ago

How quickly you forget. Game 4 of World Series. 8th inning and he struck out Miguel Cabrera, Prince Fielder, and Delmon Young in order. Winning pitcher.

Not saying I am happy with him now but he has been a good pitcher for the Giants before this stretch
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Affeldt gives it up once again, this guy has done jack s**t since relieving jonathon Sanchez in the nlcs 2 years ago

How quickly you forget. Game 4 of World Series. 8th inning and he struck out Miguel Cabrera, Prince Fielder, and Delmon Young in order. Winning pitcher.

Not saying I am happy with him now but he has been a good pitcher for the Giants before this stretch

Meh I appreciate his contributions in the past but this year he's been s**tty, I remember his epic meltdown against the cubs earlier this year too and he starts off this inning by hitting the guy on the first pitch, really?!
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
From Schulman a few minutes ago:

What I've heard: If the Marlins were to trade starter Ricky Nolasco,

his first choice is to come to the #sfgiants. Makes sense on many levels. He's a California boy. He has a big contract, so the Giants could take on money and not give up big prospect. Has an 0.87 ERA in four starts at AT&T. Plus, since he wants to be here, chances of re-signing him as a free agent would increase. I also understand he's a good friend of Sergio Romo. Nolasco is 30.

Boner initiated

I like him for the next 2-3 years on a $6 mil/year deal. I think he'd be good in our park for sure and bridge the gap for the youngins.

Something like: Cain, Bumgarner, Nolasco, Kickham and Vogey wouldn't be terrible until Blackburn, Crick and Stratton can come up (if they pan out).

I like Nolasco and Norris both. They would be upgrades over Lincecum and Zito and would cost a lot less. Crazy to think that the Giants are paying 40 million this year for the two of them.

last year has nothing to do with him pitching like s**t this year
Pagan carted off the field during rehab asignment today.
Pagan carted off field in stockton

went limp as he ran towards second

-baggs twitter
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

Did I say it did? Prime said Affeldt hasnt done anything since the NLCS in 2010 which is not the case. Maybe you didnt actually read my post.
Originally posted by ads_2006:

-baggs twitter

Looks like he has no choice but surgery now.

• Garce
  • Veteran

-baggs twitter

hopefully he didnt pull an eric burns and tear it off the bone.

Did I say it did? Prime said Affeldt hasnt done anything since the NLCS in 2010 which is not the case. Maybe you didnt actually read my post.

oops...what he did in game 4 wasn't that special anyways we were already up 3-0

-baggs twitter

That's not the end of the world. Defensively, I like Blanco more in center. And he's been on fire lately. I also really like what I've seen from Juan Perez thus far. Who we need back is Casilla... Affeldt just ain't cutting it in the 8th inning.

oops...what he did in game 4 wasn't that special anyways we were already up 3-0

LOL OK.
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:

-baggs twitter

That's not the end of the world. Defensively, I like Blanco more in center. And he's been on fire lately. I also really like what I've seen from Juan Perez thus far. Who we need back is Casilla... Affeldt just ain't cutting it in the 8th inning.

Or Jake Dunning. Anyone but Affeldt at this point.
Share 49ersWebzone