2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Zito splits

Home 4-1 with a 2.01 ERA
Away 0-4 with a 11 ERA

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/split.cgi?id=zitoba01&year=2013&t=p
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
I dont know about you guys, but I am starting to think we should resign Zito at the end of the year for a 1-2 yr deal. He has been playing above average and we need vet starters next season while the young guys are working their way up. (Im thinking this might have to be a must if Vogey retires, and we lose Timmy).

Have you looked at his splits? He is great at home (in a huge ballpark) and terrible on the road. Ghost and I chuckled about it the other day. If he came back and low low money, sure...but I dont see it happening. I would rather us invest time into a young pitcher who can be around for a while. Zito is playing way better than previous years, but he still has to rely on almost perfect command in order to get outs. That is just too much to ask from a pitcher. If he makes a mistake, he gets shelled. And he is getting older, which will not help.

Yeah, well i would only resign him for cheap

Define cheap, he has a $7 million buyout already. If he wants to take a year at $1 million or so then fine, but otherwise f**k him.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
I dont know about you guys, but I am starting to think we should resign Zito at the end of the year for a 1-2 yr deal. He has been playing above average and we need vet starters next season while the young guys are working their way up. (Im thinking this might have to be a must if Vogey retires, and we lose Timmy).

Have you looked at his splits? He is great at home (in a huge ballpark) and terrible on the road. Ghost and I chuckled about it the other day. If he came back and low low money, sure...but I dont see it happening. I would rather us invest time into a young pitcher who can be around for a while. Zito is playing way better than previous years, but he still has to rely on almost perfect command in order to get outs. That is just too much to ask from a pitcher. If he makes a mistake, he gets shelled. And he is getting older, which will not help.

Yeah, well i would only resign him for cheap

Define cheap, he has a $7 million buyout already. If he wants to take a year at $1 million or so then fine, but otherwise f**k him.

My feelings exactly. Other than last years playoff run he has not come close to earning the money the Giants have already paid him. Now he gets 7 million dollars just to walk away. If he had any class he would sign a $1 million dollar deal to stick with the Giants. That is all I would offer him.
Nope, done with zito...
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Jun 19, 2013 at 9:52 AM ]
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
we need to resign zito because he has a $7m buyout on his contract, as Itlyn stated, so no matter what he will cost $7m next year, might as well resign him for 2 years (7-8 per) and have him be our 5th starter.
[ Edited by Garcia on Jun 19, 2013 at 10:51 AM ]
Originally posted by Garcia:
we need to resign zito because he has a $7m buyout on his contract, as Itlyn stated, so no matter what he will cost $7m next year, might as well resign him for 2 years (7-8 per) and have him be our 5th starter.

An extra 7-8 mil? He can buy a country for the money we gave him and he under performed. Your opinion is no longer needed on serious giants matters. Stick to posts like, "I likey Peguero."
Fuuuuuh, Zack Wheeler........

how did he do?
Originally posted by bayarealuv:

how did he do?

Besides 5 walks very good.
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by bayarealuv:

how did he do?

Besides 5 walks very good.

Let it go already, lol.
Erin Coscarelli Where the f**k did she come from?
I think she's got a herp a derp.
LF Torres, 2B Scutaro, C Posey, RF Pence, SS Arias, 1B Belt, CF Perez, 3B Abreu
Originally posted by Muggins:
Erin Coscarelli Where the f**k did she come from?

she might be worse than amy G lol.. she was studdering like crazy when i saw her last night.. i'll give her another chance doe
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com