Pagan - LF
Scutaro - 2nd
Panda - 3rd
Posey - C
Pence - RF
Belt - 1st
Crawford - SS
Perez/Blanco - CF

This is exactly the way it should go. Abreu probably goes back down when Pagan is back and then Noonan when Panda is back although I'd DFA Torres instead.
Great game by Belt too, can't forget about that.
thank you baby Jesus....

craw though =(
Perez has been so sick in the OF. Dude has such an accurate arm. Nice to see him get the GW after barely missing it last night. Hopefully Crawford isn't out too long...these injuries, smh.

At least Scutaro made it through and picked up 2 hits to boot.
BTW, Perez should have back-to-back walk-offs.
I dont understand how a Major Leaguer can make the mistake of sliding headfirst with hands spread open. Its the oldest and most effective trick in the book to hold your gloves while running. If you dont want to, slide feet first. Hopefully Crawford isnt out long.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Belt now hitting .264.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Fuuuuuh, Zack Wheeler........
Originally posted by Garcia:
Fuuuuuh, Zack Wheeler........

I cant believe hes not wearing a Giants uniform. Hopefully Chris Stratton becomes the next star in our rotation, because we need someone to make us forget about losing this kid. FWIW, it was the strikeout happy Braves, but he was blowing 97 right by them.
Gs! Perez! That throw!
I dont know about you guys, but I am starting to think we should resign Zito at the end of the year for a 1-2 yr deal. He has been playing above average and we need vet starters next season while the young guys are working their way up. (Im thinking this might have to be a must if Vogey retires, and we lose Timmy).
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
I dont know about you guys, but I am starting to think we should resign Zito at the end of the year for a 1-2 yr deal. He has been playing above average and we need vet starters next season while the young guys are working their way up. (Im thinking this might have to be a must if Vogey retires, and we lose Timmy).

Have you looked at his splits? He is great at home (in a huge ballpark) and terrible on the road. Ghost and I chuckled about it the other day. If he came back and low low money, sure...but I dont see it happening. I would rather us invest time into a young pitcher who can be around for a while. Zito is playing way better than previous years, but he still has to rely on almost perfect command in order to get outs. That is just too much to ask from a pitcher. If he makes a mistake, he gets shelled. And he is getting older, which will not help.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Have you looked at his splits? He is great at home (in a huge ballpark) and terrible on the road. Ghost and I chuckled about it the other day. If he came back and low low money, sure...but I dont see it happening. I would rather us invest time into a young pitcher who can be around for a while. Zito is playing way better than previous years, but he still has to rely on almost perfect command in order to get outs. That is just too much to ask from a pitcher. If he makes a mistake, he gets shelled. And he is getting older, which will not help.

Yeah, well i would only resign him for cheap
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com