LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 270 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

• Garce
  • Veteran
Another great game from Bum.

Glad we were able to bounce back after a tough game 1 loss and take the series.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
I want winners
starting to get that steez back..
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ads_2006:
i hope teh lord returns

but for 2-3 million only

we pay our best relievers that much.

Affeldt Makes 6 Mill.
[ Edited by Garcia on Jun 19, 2013 at 4:01 PM ]
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
2 out of 3 from one of the hotter teams in the league after coming off a tough road trip. Not bad at all!

Take it especially considering we could have been swept. Clutch hits and Romo= success.

Well, I think we were closer to sweeping them then they were to sweeping us, wouldn't you say?
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Jun 19, 2013 at 3:59 PM ]
2 out of 3 from one of the hotter teams in the league after coming off a tough road trip. Not bad at all!

Take it especially considering we could have been swept. Clutch hits and Romo= success.

Well, I think we were closer to sweeping them then they were to sweeping us, wouldn't you say?

Yep. All 3 games could have gone either way.
Btw, I think there are a number of pitchers we could sign/trade for that are more affordable and can produce about what Zito does for us. You just have to look at that $7M buyout as a sunk cost and move on from the guy.
Btw, I think there are a number of pitchers we could sign/trade for that are more affordable and can produce about what Zito does for us. You just have to look at that $7M buyout as a sunk cost and move on from the guy.

EXACTLY!
  • Garce
  • Veteran

Okay.

What about Lincecum and Vogey? Who do you replace them with especially, if you do sign a FA or trade to replace Zito?
[ Edited by Garcia on Jun 19, 2013 at 4:54 PM ]
  • Garce
  • Veteran
I want to hear some specifics.... names... realistic scenarios. So far I have heard none.

Originally posted by Garcia:

Okay.

What about Lincecum and Vogey? Who do you replace them with especially, if you do a sign a trade to replace Zito?

What does this mean in English? What is a sign a trade?
I want to hear some specifics.... names... realistic scenarios. So far I have heard none.

Oh.. but giving Barry Zito another 16 million is realistic?
  • Garce
  • Veteran

Over two years. 7M/per so that would be 14m total.
I'm still waiting for your solution, you have provided nothing.
[ Edited by Garcia on Jun 19, 2013 at 4:55 PM ]
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Average starting pitcher makes about $5m/year. Zito will make $7m next year no matter what. Sign him to an extension to make both sides happy so we dont burn $7m next year for nothing.

Over two years. 7M/per so that would be 14m total.
I'm still waiting for your solution, you have provided nothing.

LOL. Not sure I need to provide anything to you other than to say paying Barry Zito 21 to 23 million dollars is about as realistic as Pablo Sandoval checking in at 190 next year.
Share 49ersWebzone