There are 143 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
We tried Peguero, good defensive outfielder but he probably couldn't even hit if Kontos was pitching. Torres cannot seem to focus on in the outfield, which is why he makes dumb ass errors. I am not even poking fun of his ADD. I am being serious.

I miss Nasty Nate

who is RAKING on a platoon role in Chicago. Slugging a cool .564 and second in HR (9) behind only Rizzo (10) who has 78 more AB's (if we projected Nate to Rizzo's 257 AB's, he'd supposedly have 13 bombs)

Then again he wouldn't be putting those numbers (296/339/564) playing half of his games at A&T

He was a full time player for a chunk of the year. Will still probably get close to 500 AB's. Plus we'd obviously much rather have Pence, so theres no point in missing him in LF.
Originally posted by Niners99:
We tried Peguero, good defensive outfielder but he probably couldn't even hit if Kontos was pitching. Torres cannot seem to focus on in the outfield, which is why he makes dumb ass errors. I am not even poking fun of his ADD. I am being serious.

I miss Nasty Nate

who is RAKING on a platoon role in Chicago. Slugging a cool .564 and second in HR (9) behind only Rizzo (10) who has 78 more AB's (if we projected Nate to Rizzo's 257 AB's, he'd supposedly have 13 bombs)

Then again he wouldn't be putting those numbers (296/339/564) playing half of his games at A&T

He was a full time player for a chunk of the year. Will still probably get close to 500 AB's. Plus we'd obviously much rather have Pence, so theres no point in missing him in LF.

true, I'm happy for Nate though, always liked him and I hope he continues to rake
Originally posted by Niners99:

I miss Nasty Nate

true, I'm happy for Nate though, always liked him and I hope he continues to rake

For whatever reason, he was never really given a real everyday chance in SF. He got a full time job for a little while when we were bad/banged up, but they quickly took the job back as soon as a replacement was found. Being a lefty in SF isnt easy, but he played a heck of a RF for us. Im glad hes getting a better chance elsewhere, although id prefer it be in the AL so he wouldnt be hurting us.
Chicago got Nate for peanuts amirite? We didn't bother to give him a look after he didn't pan out in Philly? Or maybe bridges were burnt?
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:
Chicago got Nate for peanuts amirite? We didn't bother to give him a look after he didn't pan out in Philly? Or maybe bridges were burnt?

Why the F would Nate come back to the team that traded him?
Originally posted by Garcia:

Andres Torres did...
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
He had his shot Garcia. He has no power at all and gets on base less than Blanco. Where would be the upgrade over Blanco? I say put Perez out there

I think Perez is better in CF and Blanco in left. Btw, I know Bochy loves his platooning, but Perez is just as good hitting right-handers as he is lefties. He had the exact same average (.296) against both in Fresno and hit 7 of his 9 HRs against righties. In other words, Boch needs to stop thinking so much about platooning Perez, look at the actual numbers and give him as many at-bats as possible while Pagan is out.

In agreement here, he needs to be given a chance as his defense is amazing in center and moving Blanco into left will help also.
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
He had his shot Garcia. He has no power at all and gets on base less than Blanco. Where would be the upgrade over Blanco? I say put Perez out there

I think Perez is better in CF and Blanco in left. Btw, I know Bochy loves his platooning, but Perez is just as good hitting right-handers as he is lefties. He had the exact same average (.296) against both in Fresno and hit 7 of his 9 HRs against righties. In other words, Boch needs to stop thinking so much about platooning Perez, look at the actual numbers and give him as many at-bats as possible while Pagan is out.

In agreement here, he needs to be given a chance as his defense is amazing in center and moving Blanco into left will help also.

Yup, kill two birds with one stone until Angel gets back.
Originally posted by Garcia:

It probably had more to do with playing time and ballpark. He was going to get more playing time in a better yard for hitting in Chicago.
Hey they heard us

@AmyGGiants: 6.17.13 #sfgiants lineup:
Blanco LF
Abreu 2B
Crawford SS
Pence RF
Belt 1B
Arias 3B
Sanchez C
Perez CF
Zito P
Hey they heard us

Blanco LF
Abreu 2B
Crawford SS
Pence RF
Belt 1B
Arias 3B
Sanchez C
Perez CF
Zito P

Reporters said that after last night's game, Bochy called Torres back into the office post interviews. Hope this works out.
Hey they heard us

Blanco LF
Abreu 2B
Crawford SS
Pence RF
Belt 1B
Arias 3B
Sanchez C
Perez CF
Zito P

This lineup should be fun
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Hey they heard us

Blanco LF
Abreu 2B
Crawford SS
Pence RF
Belt 1B
Arias 3B
Sanchez C
Perez CF
Zito P

I think the lineup will be fine, it's Zito I worry about. If Zeets can deliver a quality start, I think we score enough to win tonight.
Just finished walking dog after work. Time to throw some burgers on bbq and watch the game.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Hey they heard us

Blanco LF
Abreu 2B
Crawford SS
Pence RF
Belt 1B
Arias 3B
Sanchez C
Perez CF
Zito P

I think the lineup will be fine, it's Zito I worry about. If Zeets can deliver a quality start, I think we score enough to win tonight.

Zito has a sub 2 ERA at home and an 11 ERA on the road. Lol

Ya, I agree and Posey needed a day off
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com