There are 148 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
FWIW, Gary Brown is definitely heating up. In the last 10 games, he's hitting .405 with 4 HRs, has a .436 OBP and has scored 9 runs...unfortunately, he's still not stealing many bags (2 SBs in his last 10 games with 1 CS). The ability to be a productive major leaguer is definitely still there, but it's hard to see him as anything more than a 4th OF at this point.

call him up, torres had one good year, time to sit the bum.
Thanks for the update on Brown ghost. I am glad he is hitting, I wouldn't mind seeing him get a few games shot. Some guys are super fast, but horrible baserunners. Thats probably him.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
We tried Peguero, good defensive outfielder but he probably couldn't even hit if Kontos was pitching. Torres cannot seem to focus on in the outfield, which is why he makes dumb ass errors. I am not even poking fun of his ADD. I am being serious.

I miss Nasty Nate
Thanks for the update on Brown ghost. I am glad he is hitting, I wouldn't mind seeing him get a few games shot. Some guys are super fast, but horrible baserunners. Thats probably him.

Brown seems to be a solid base-runner, but it seems clear the he never had to learn the art of base stealing as a high-schooler/colleague player since he was so effen fast. I'm sure they're teaching him now, but it takes awhile. I think if they called someone up to replace Torres it would be Peguero, but that's just my opinion.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Jun 17, 2013 at 9:59 AM ]

Brown seems to be a solid base-runner, but it seems clear the he never had to learn the art of base stealing as a high-schooler/colleague player since he was so effen fast. I'm sure they're teaching him now, but it takes awhile. I think if they called someone up to replace Torres it would be Peguero, but that's just my opinion.

lets include Torres and Pill for our deadline trade for a starting pitcher
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Not sure who would want either one, but we can surely dream!
We tried Peguero, good defensive outfielder but he probably couldn't even hit if Kontos was pitching. Torres cannot seem to focus on in the outfield, which is why he makes dumb ass errors. I am not even poking fun of his ADD. I am being serious.

I miss Nasty Nate

He got us Pence though. Cant have both.

There isnt a team that would trade for either of these scrubs.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran

Give Peguero a real shot.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

Gotta agree.
He had his shot Garcia. He has no power at all and gets on base less than Blanco. Where would be the upgrade over Blanco? I say put Perez out there

Gotta agree.

maybe the Cubs lol

Gotta agree.

maybe the Cubs lol

Over the years, it does seem like the Cubs have alot of ex Giants, and the Giants alot of ex Cubs. I think they share similar organizational hitting philosophies, which might be why.

I miss Nasty Nate

who is RAKING on a platoon role in Chicago. Slugging a cool .564 and second in HR (9) behind only Rizzo (10) who has 78 more AB's (if we projected Nate to Rizzo's 257 AB's, he'd supposedly have 13 bombs)

Then again he wouldn't be putting those numbers (296/339/564) playing half of his games at A&T
He had his shot Garcia. He has no power at all and gets on base less than Blanco. Where would be the upgrade over Blanco? I say put Perez out there

I think Perez is better in CF and Blanco in left. Btw, I know Bochy loves his platooning, but Perez is just as good hitting right-handers as he is lefties. He had the exact same average (.296) against both in Fresno and hit 7 of his 9 HRs against righties. In other words, Boch needs to stop thinking so much about platooning Perez, look at the actual numbers and give him as many at-bats as possible while Pagan is out.
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com