There are 253 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by ads_2006:
This team is sooooooo hard to figure out lol

This is a proven championship team so even if they hit some rough patches, they always seem to right the ship. Especially when their backs are against the wall and things look bad, these guys have shown they can battle back. It's crazy actually...it's a team chemistry thing more so than a talent thing I think.
Dear Val,

SMK.

Thanks,

Me
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
This team is sooooooo hard to figure out lol

This is a proven championship team so even if they hit some rough patches, they always seem to right the ship. Especially when their backs are against the wall and things look bad, these guys have shown they can battle back. It's crazy actually...it's a team chemistry thing more so than a talent thing I think.

i felt like even through our rough patches, we still had some element we excelled at.

But this rough patch.
As long as we stay in contention till our injured players get back I don't see us falling off the map like 2011
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Dear Val,

SMK.

Thanks,

Me

Lol
A lot of guys have been raking lately: Blanco, Posey, Pence to name a few.

I'm starting to sense a spark...hopefully we get this series in ATL and then we have a very winnable homestand coming up (SD, MIA).
Should we keep Posey-Pence at the 3-4 even when fatass comes back? Maybe move him to 5? Doesn't seem like a natural fit for Sandoval but just a thought since Pence has gotten so hot at cleanup.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Should we keep Posey-Pence at the 3-4 even when fatass comes back? Maybe move him to 5? Doesn't seem like a natural fit for Sandoval but just a thought since Pence has gotten so hot at cleanup.

I think Posey is a better fit in the 3 hole. Sandoval has been taking RBI's away from Posey all year because of how bad his baserunning is. Put Sandoval at 5 when he comes back.
It seems really weird that Duane Kuiper is older than Jon Miller. I dont know why, but I think of Miller as being much older than both Kruk and Kuip. Hes only like 3 months older than Krukow as well.
Originally posted by Niners99:
It seems really weird that Duane Kuiper is older than Jon Miller. I dont know why, but I think of Miller as being much older than both Kruk and Kuip. Hes only like 3 months older than Krukow as well.

Whaa? That's crazy because I always thought the same thing.

• MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Originally posted by Niners99:

Whaa? That's crazy because I always thought the same thing.

Yeah me too. That IS weird indeed.
2 very well played games in a row
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Crazy how we own the Braves.
How the f**k is Dan Uggla still in this league?

Dude is hitting under .200 and striking out every game. I would take old ass scut over this scrub any day.
The short season Salem-Keizer Giants (Northwest League) started with a 3-2 win last night. The only signed 2013 draftee playing is 15th round selection C Eugene Escalante. The Arizona League Giants will start play this coming Thursday. I assume the rest of the draftees interested in turning pro are there.
Originally posted by Garcia:
Crazy how we own the Braves.
How the f**k is Dan Uggla still in this league?

Dude is hitting under .200 and striking out every game. I would take old ass scut over this scrub any day.

I think every manager would also take Scut over Uggla, but the reason he's still in the league is cause he'll drop 30 bombs from the 2nd base position. How many second baseman in the league can do that? Cano is the only one that comes to mind.

But I agree with you.. I can't stand players like him and Mark Reynolds
Share 49ersWebzone