LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 303 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

better win today yo.. don't wanna hear it from the a's fanatics..
I personally think Hector is a more valuable hitter than Quiroz, and they both aren't as good defensively as advertised. So bring Hector back, gain another switch hitter, and have a better chance of getting on base. Quiroz may have a little more power, but he can't hit anything consistently.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
I personally think Hector is a more valuable hitter than Quiroz, and they both aren't as good defensively as advertised. So bring Hector back, gain another switch hitter, and have a better chance of getting on base. Quiroz may have a little more power, but he can't hit anything consistently.

Hector is better but they probably want him getting ABs and Quiroz is adequate for a backup and can deal with less ABs.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
I like Sanchez better than Quiroz.

Both aren't that great but it's better to have Hector getting regular AB's in the minors.

He's not getting regular AB's in Fresno. Not sure what's the plan or he's injured.

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=516949

Johnny Monell is on a tear right now so he's getting the bulk of the playing time at catcher.

My point is Sanchez is getting way more ABs in Fresno than he would on the big club.

Through 11 games he only has 10 more AB's in Fresno than he did In SF. That's not way more.
Anyone else losing faith in Kontos?
Originally posted by Garcia:

Hector is better but they probably want him getting ABs and Quiroz is adequate for a backup and can deal with less ABs.

For what? Backups are there to play and help win games when they are in...its not like we are trading one of them. Its about playing the best players. We are solved at catcher for the future. Quiroz is almost a guaranteed out errytime
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Anyone else losing faith in Kontos?

Yes. Last year he mixed his pitches better with better command. This year he is hitable and lacks command. Machi is better, Chad G is awesome
  • Garce
  • Veteran
For what? Backups are there to play and help win games when they are in...its not like we are trading one of them. Its about playing the best players. We are solved at catcher for the future. Quiroz is almost a guaranteed out errytime

I personally think it's b******t Sanchez got sent down, he was with us ALL last year.... came up with some big hits.
It didnt make sense after all that to send him down. I agree with you, just trying to figure out why they did it. I guess boch wanted a veteran.
is this kickham guy any good?
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bayarealuv:

we will find out

I personally think it's b******t Sanchez got sent down, he was with us ALL last year.... came up with some big hits.
It didnt make sense after all that to send him down. I agree with you, just trying to figure out why they did it. I guess boch wanted a veteran.

I think it had something to do with his shoulder injury. He was sucking ass when he was here.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

I think it had something to do with his shoulder injury. He was sucking ass when he was here.

I did at first, but is it still bothering him? If so it makes sense.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
I like Sanchez better than Quiroz.

Both aren't that great but it's better to have Hector getting regular AB's in the minors.

He's not getting regular AB's in Fresno. Not sure what's the plan or he's injured.

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=516949

Johnny Monell is on a tear right now so he's getting the bulk of the playing time at catcher.

My point is Sanchez is getting way more ABs in Fresno than he would on the big club.

Through 11 games he only has 10 more AB's in Fresno than he did In SF. That's not way more.

He only appeared in 11 games/32 games played while he was up with 20 ABs while he's appeared in 10 games in 20 played with 30 ABs in Fresno. He already has 10 more ABs in 12 less games.
Originally posted by bayarealuv:

From the scouting reports I've read he has a ceiling as a back end of the rotation starter. Hopefully he'll get a good start in tonight because we need it.
#sfgiants lineup -Blanco CF, Scutaro DH, Sandoval 3B, Posey C, Pence RF, Belt 1B, Torres LF, Crawford SS, Noonan 2B. Kickham LHP
Share 49ersWebzone