There are 280 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Oy, come on Belt, do SOMETHING.
new ball game!
Pence and Belt robbed, time for a walkoff!
who's due up? let's get this W
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
f**k that stupid kid.

What happened?
Whelp, thanks Affeldt.
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
f**k that stupid kid.

What happened?

Bryce Harper made a nice catch lol.
f**king Affeldt
Sucks to lose, but it was nice to see 3 nice pitching performances in a row.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
f**king Affeldt

don't blame him, our offense needed to come through

Taking 2 out of 3 from the Nats is pretty damn good.
THIS. THREAD. IS. SLOW.
It will be interesting to see who will be the starting pitcher on Tuesday. The three choices were Gaudin, Kickham, and Loux.

Last night Shane Loux got lit up last night in Fresno for 7 Earned Runs in 5 innings bring up his season ERA up to 4.75. As far as I'm concern this rules out Shane Loux to be the Tuesday starter.

Now it's between Kickham and Gaudin

Kickham is pitching tonight in Fresno tonight at 7:05

Kickham's overall season record is 2-4 with a 4.72 ERA

but looking at his split stats show some promise

In April in his 5 starts went 0-3 with a 7.94 ERA WHIP of 2.07

In May his last 4 starts has gone 2-1 1.80 ERA WHIP of 1.04

Unlike Loux, Kickham is a prospect who does project to be a #4-5 starter for a MLB team. With only Cain and Bumgarner having guaranteed contracts for 2014, bringing up Kickham and have him make a handful of starts at the MLB level this season would give us a good idea if we got a cheap option for 2014 to potentially fill one of the three vacant spots for 2014.

The verdict is this, if Kickham has a good to decent game, let Kickham have a few starts at the MLB level and see how he does, if Kickham pitches tonight like Shane Loux did last night, then Gaudin has to get first crack at filling in Vogelsong's spot.
[ Edited by sfgiantdave on May 23, 2013 at 12:09 PM ]
Originally posted by sfgiantdave:
It will be interesting to see who will be the starting pitcher on Tuesday. The three choices were Gaudin, Kickham, and Loux.

Last night Shane Loux got lit up last night in Fresno for 7 Earned Runs in 5 innings bring up his season ERA up to 4.75. As far as I'm concern this rules out Shane Loux to be the Tuesday starter.

Now it's between Kickham and Gaudin

Kickham is pitching tonight in Fresno tonight at 7:05

Kickham's overall season record is 2-4 with a 4.72 ERA

but looking at his split stats show some promise

In April in his 5 starts went 0-3 with a 7.94 ERA WHIP of 2.07

In May his last 4 starts has gone 2-1 1.80 ERA WHIP of 1.04

Unlike Loux, Kickham is a prospect who does project to be a #4-5 starter for a MLB team. With only Cain and Bumgarner having guaranteed contracts for 2014, bringing up Kickham and have him make a handful of starts at the MLB level this season would give us a good idea if we got a cheap option for 2014 to potentially fill one of the three vacant spots for 2014.

The verdict is this, if Kickham has a good to decent game, let Kickham have a few starts at the MLB level and see how he does, if Kickham pitches tonight like Shane Loux did last night, then Gaudin has to get first crack at filling in Vogelsong's spot.

I'm glad Loux got lit. Guys blows. I think Gaudin should get the first shot at this and see how he does. If he fails then call up the kid.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I'm glad Loux got lit. Guys blows. I think Gaudin should get the first shot at this and see how he does. If he fails then call up the kid.

For me, it's let's see how Kickham pitches tonight in Fresno. If he pitches a good game, that would be 5 good games in a row. In that case, I would like to see Kickham called up because I would like to get a good idea if he would be a viable option as a cheap back end starter for next year.

If he gets lit tonight then I'm with you that Gaudin should get first shot.
Share 49ersWebzone