There are 137 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Vogey AND Casilla to the DL

Pill and Rosario recalled

Crap....was going to mention Rosario since he's on the 40-man, but didn't actually think he would get the call-up.

Btw, when you have nearly $70M invested in starting pitching alone for the 2013 season, not sure there is much room for a REAL contingency plan.

not in the starter conversation though, right?

Probably not. He was a starter earlier in his career but that was awhile ago.

has he pitched at all for us this year?
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

Crap....was going to mention Rosario since he's on the 40-man, but didn't actually think he would get the call-up.

Btw, when you have nearly $70M invested in starting pitching alone for the 2013 season, not sure there is much room for a REAL contingency plan.

He's been pretty solid in relief at Fresno this year. Nothing spectacular, but solid.

http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&t=p_pbp&pid=466459

I wish they would give Kieschnick a call up. The guy has hit over .300 and an OPS over.950 last year and this year in AAA. He strikes out too much but he would give the team a real LH power bat off the bench and could play the corner OF spots as well.

He's been pretty solid in relief at Fresno this year. Nothing spectacular, but solid.

still would of rather had Runzler get brought up, don't know if he is healthy though...
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

I wish they would give Kieschnick a call up. The guy has hit over .300 and an OPS over.950 last year and this year in AAA. He strikes out too much but he would give the team a real LH power bat off the bench and could play the corner OF spots as well.

Agree here, he has to at least get a look to see if he figures into the future or not.

still would of rather had Runzler get brought up, don't know if he is healthy though...

Runzler hasn't pitched since last Tuesday, but I don't know if that's coaches decision or injury related...just not sure.

this and Hembree. Sigh, this team sometimes....
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:

no need to rush them

Pill has paid his dues.

This team has won 2 out of the last 3 WS titles. Not saying you can't criticize them, but sheez....perhaps just a little perspective is in order here?
Originally posted by Garcia:
no need to rush them

Pill has paid his dues.

Kieschnick has also paid his dues too. Maybe if Torres or Blanco get hurt, maybe that's when we'll get to see them. I still like Kieschnick's potential.....

This team has won 2 out of the last 3 WS titles. Not saying you can't criticize them, but sheez....perhaps just a little perspective is in order here?

You're right but if it's one thing i am very critical on the G's about is that they "take their sweet time promoting their best prospects to the next level." (with the exception of Posey and madbum) As a fan, it excites me to see these kids get pushed up and watch them dominate the next level, but it seems to me that the Giants are very slow compared to rest of baseball in doing this. Again, I don't have the facts, but just my perspective. Maybe Heath isn't ready but I would like to see how he does. Our bullpen isn't as good this year so I wouldn't think it would hurt to see what this KID has. But again, I'm not running the team nor possess the credentials of Brian Sabean.

• Garce
  • Veteran
If any OFs go down, it's gonna be Peguero to come up. its already happened. it's obviously they dont like RK as much as Pill or Peguero.
[ Edited by Garcia on May 21, 2013 at 2:25 PM ]
If any OFs go down, it's gonna be Peguero to come up. its already happened. it's obviously they dont like RK as much as Pill or Peguero.

Seems a rather simplistic way of looking at it. They might like them all for different reasons and feel one guy might be able to help RIGHT NOW more so than the other, but that's no indication of ranking/long-term preference.

no need to rush them

Pill has paid his dues.

Rush them? Kieschnick is 26 years old.. Hardly a rush at this point.

Just because you seem to have this love fest for Peguero doesnt mean they dont like Kiescnick more. In fact, I would guess they value him more as a prospect but because of injuries have taken their time with him.

Just because you seem to have this love fest for Peguero doesnt mean they dont like Kiescnick more. In fact, I would guess they value him more as a prospect but because of injuries have taken their time with him.

Love fest or not, I want to see what RK can do. By the way our offense has been rolling recently, he would be batting in the 8th hole. And as far as power goes, he's the closest replacement to Hunter Pence who is a fA at the end of the year. Mind well see what the kid has at age 26....
Share 49ersWebzone