There are 69 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Blue Jays unleashed the anger of all the Maple Leaf fans upon us.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
How long are they going to keep pretending Vogelsuck is going to turn things around? At least with Lincecum last year, he'd still show flashes that made you think he can maybe fix this, then of course there's the whole back-to-back Cy Young thing. Vogelsong doesn't have that pedigree, and certainly never had that kind of stuff. He should not start another game...whether that means going to the pen, sending him down, or outright release, I don't know, but he's just not even close to getting it done..

Take that back. Without him and his performance in game 6, we wouldn't be champs. I know that he's struggling and he's the odd man out if the G's acquire a pitcher, but show the man some respect, please.

Word has it that Bochy hasnt decided if Vogey will pitch on Monday.

I still dont know who the alternative would be. They do not have a pitcher in the minors that is close to being ready. Their AAA sps suck and their good prospects are in lower levels and 2 years away at best.

They don't have an arm in the minors capable of posting maybe just a 5.00 or even 6.00 ERA? If an organization can't replace a guy who has been throwing puss up to the plate and getting rocked almost every time he takes the hill, then I guess there is a problem. Your alternative then is to just pencil in an L every fifth day.
How long are they going to keep pretending Vogelsuck is going to turn things around? At least with Lincecum last year, he'd still show flashes that made you think he can maybe fix this, then of course there's the whole back-to-back Cy Young thing. Vogelsong doesn't have that pedigree, and certainly never had that kind of stuff. He should not start another game...whether that means going to the pen, sending him down, or outright release, I don't know, but he's just not even close to getting it done..

Take that back. Without him and his performance in game 6, we wouldn't be champs. I know that he's struggling and he's the odd man out if the G's acquire a pitcher, but show the man some respect, please.

You're right, that was harsh....Vogelstink. Better?
The Giants have been going without a safety net at SP for a long time, and it looks like it might finally come back to bite them. I just dont understand why we refused to sign anybody in the offseason for this kind of situation. I guess they think Gaudin can still start after almost 5 years of being a RP?

I still dont know who the alternative would be. They do not have a pitcher in the minors that is close to being ready. Their AAA sps suck and their good prospects are in lower levels and 2 years away at best.

They don't have an arm in the minors capable of posting maybe just a 5.00 or even 6.00 ERA? If an organization can't replace a guy who has been throwing puss up to the plate and getting rocked almost every time he takes the hill, then I guess there is a problem. Your alternative then is to just pencil in an L every fifth day.

Maybe you would prefer these guys who are their AAA starters:
Boof Bonser 5.31 era and 1.82 whip
Yusmero Petit 6.69 era and 1.54 whip
Chris Heston 6.18 era and 1.76 whip

pretty attractive isnt it?

Vogelsong is a concern obviously but it is not time to completely give up on him when there is NO better alternative in the organization right now. He was good enough several months ago to be a stud for this team in the playoffs and good enough to pitch for team USA in the WBC. Good try on the alternative being just to pencil in a L every day though.
Originally posted by jrg:

That has always bugged me. I have no idea where those other nicknames came from. Its weird that they would add something inaccurate like that...

Vogelsong is a concern obviously but it is not time to completely give up on him when there is NO better alternative in the organization right now. He was good enough several months ago to be a stud for this team in the playoffs and good enough to pitch for team USA in the WBC. Good try on the alternative being just to pencil in a L every day though.

Shane Loux might actually be worth considering if Vogey had to miss a few starts due to a "tired arm." He's got the best ERA among all the Fresno starters (4.40) and the best WHIP (1.43). I definitely think Vogey will be fine, but it might be time for him to skip a few starts to get his mind/arm right. And right now, you really couldn't do much worse than what he's done the last month.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:

Shane Loux might actually be worth considering if Vogey had to miss a few starts due to a "tired arm." He's got the best ERA among all the Fresno starters (4.40) and the best WHIP (1.43). I definitely think Vogey will be fine, but it might be time for him to skip a few starts to get his mind/arm right. And right now, you really couldn't do much worse than what he's done the last month.

no thanks, rather throw Vogey out there every 5th day
Originally posted by vrabbit:

Agreed. Shane Loux is garbage.

Yeah, not good, and guessing AA isn't any more promising. Well then, how 'bout "starter by committee", have Mid Relievers + Vogelsong throw a 1-2 innings each, then get it to the 7th and hand off to short relief. I think I'm joking.

No, That tells you how bad our contingency plans are now. The poor starting rotation depth is on Sabean.

Last year we didn't have a decent sixth starter, but fortunately all five starters made 31+ starts. This season we may not be so lucky.
Originally posted by Hopper:

No, That tells you how bad our contingency plans are now. The poor starting rotation depth is on Sabean.

Last year we didn't have a decent sixth starter, but fortunately all five starters made 31+ starts. This season we may not be so lucky.

Pfff! Brian Sabean laughs at the notion of planning ahead. Hes just going to panic at the deadline and trade Crick and Stratton for Kyle Kendrick. He owes it to us fans to try and repeat, no matter what the cost.
sigh, Wheeler should be in Fresno right now.
[ Edited by Hopper on May 16, 2013 at 11:11 AM ]
Little Cain

Originally posted by vrabbit:

Agreed. Shane Loux is garbage.

He's throwing better than Vogey right now. I think that's the point.
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com