LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 295 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Annnnnnnd it happened:

#sfgiants option Peguero to Fresno, recall Pill. No surprise now that Pagan has shown he's healthy.

Belt in LF

Pill at 1st

He'll probably DH in Toronto.

Yup, and Pill has been absolutely on fire at Fresno since the start of the season.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Annnnnnnd it happened:

#sfgiants option Peguero to Fresno, recall Pill. No surprise now that Pagan has shown he's healthy.

Belt in LF

Pill at 1st

He'll probably DH in Toronto.

Yup, and Pill has been absolutely on fire at Fresno since the start of the season.

Yep OPS of 1.058, not to mention 9 HR's and 47 RBI's in 126 AB's. Just ridiculous.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
easy decision to move garce's favorite player. He was far from impressive. Everytime we call up Pill, he provides a few early homers before he fades. Hopefully he does that as the DH against the Antartica Blue Jays

LOL at Peguero being anyone's favorite player. Guy is a marginal prospect.
lol. I know. Garce had a fulltime job this offseason singing the glory of Peguero while bagging on Gary Brown. I have to give him s**t to counter it.
lol. I know. Garce had a fulltime job this offseason singing the glory of Peguero while bagging on Gary Brown. I have to give him s**t to counter it.

Sadly, it looks like Brown may be in the same category now as Peguero. Talk about a prospect falling off.
  • Garce
  • Veteran

Peguero will be back.
I don't know if you know this, but I have no control over how well a player does.

Dude has a canon and is a decent defender. He has a bigger upside than Torres/Blanco thats for sure.

Any news on The Gary Brown?
Originally posted by Garcia:

Peguero will be back.
I don't know if you know this, but I have no control over how well a player does.

Dude has a canon and is a decent defender. He has a bigger upside than Torres/Blanco thats for sure.

Any news on The Gary Brown?

Lots of people have bigger upside than Torres/Blanco. BFD. Not like that is a ringing endorsement. As for having a cannon.... not really all that important for a left fielder to have a great arm. Bonds certainly never did but he was accurate and that was the key.

Peguero is still young and he may be a decent 4th or 5th OF someday. Not now though. He isnt close to being ready as a major league hitter.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Lots of people have bigger upside than Torres/Blanco. BFD. Not like that is a ringing endorsement. As for having a cannon.... not really all that important for a left fielder to have a great arm. Bonds certainly never did but he was accurate and that was the key.

Peguero is still young and he may be a decent 4th or 5th OF someday. Not now though. He isnt close to being ready as a major league hitter.

All we will have to wait and see.

I'd love to see Pill start mashing though. Stick him in LF.
One thing our farm system and FA has created, and whole bunch of average LFs. Not one very good one on the team, and none in the farm system. But we can win with Blanco/Torres/Pill if Boch keeps getting the best out of them. Personally I would rather we just play Blanco everyday and pop Pill in there occasionally. Torres is the same thing as Blanco, only less explosive.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
One thing our farm system and FA has created, and whole bunch of average LFs. Not one very good one on the team, and none in the farm system. But we can win with Blanco/Torres/Pill if Boch keeps getting the best out of them. Personally I would rather we just play Blanco everyday and pop Pill in there occasionally. Torres is the same thing as Blanco, only less explosive.

I'd rather have Peguero than Torres. Would not be surprised by July that Torres is gone and Peguero is up. Assuming Pill at least is doing SOME work.
[ Edited by Garcia on May 13, 2013 at 1:07 PM ]

I still believe that Roger Kieshnick is the best corner OF in the system. Injuries have really slowed his progress but if he can get through 2013 with a big year and injury free he could have a good shot at many an impact in 2014. You are right though about the lack of any great LFs in the system. Hell, you can say lack of any great hitting prospects period in the system. The cupboard is bare right now.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Schilling has Giants #1

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9268486
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

I still believe that Roger Kieshnick is the best corner OF in the system. Injuries have really slowed his progress but if he can get through 2013 with a big year and injury free he could have a good shot at many an impact in 2014. You are right though about the lack of any great LFs in the system. Hell, you can say lack of any great hitting prospects period in the system. The cupboard is bare right now.

And I don't even think that's a discussion at this point. I'm sure he's going to get called up at some point this year and get a look if he's doesn't get injured somehow. Gary Brown had a pretty decent game yesterday and all signs point to him back on an upward trend (.326/.367/.457/ through his last 10 games). Nothing awe-inspiring considering his age though.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
I dont think we have any super stars coming up as far as OFs go.

but I think we have several guys that can be decent, good pro ball players. Not everyone has to be great. Just pretty decent.
Originally posted by jrg:
Schilling has Giants #1

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9268486

then proceeds to talk only about the yankees
Share 49ersWebzone