There are 64 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by sfgiantdave:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Sabean told Posey he cant block the plate anymore. Theres no way we give Posey 9/167 to play 1B. Hes going to be a catcher for at least the next 4-5 years.

I will say Posey wasn't blocking the plate when Cousins barreled him over in 2011

The Giants did not have any directive to Posey to not block the plate and he was not going to do a sweep tag when he got hurt. It just doesnt make sense to take a guy like Buster who is the best overall catcher in baseball and also very good defensively and move him at his age. Again, we will see what happens in the future though.

Agreed
Originally posted by YungBird:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by sfgiantdave:
Sabean told Posey he cant block the plate anymore. Theres no way we give Posey 9/167 to play 1B. Hes going to be a catcher for at least the next 4-5 years.

I will say Posey wasn't blocking the plate when Cousins barreled him over in 2011

The Giants did not have any directive to Posey to not block the plate and he was not going to do a sweep tag when he got hurt. It just doesnt make sense to take a guy like Buster who is the best overall catcher in baseball and also very good defensively and move him at his age. Again, we will see what happens in the future though.

Agreed

I conquer
The Giants have also invested far too much time into Brandon Belt to not plan on him as the longterm 1B. Posey to 1B full time makes no sense.
The Giants have also invested far too much time into Brandon Belt to not plan on him as the longterm 1B. Posey to 1B full time makes no sense.

I conquer with this as well.
Big win and a big sweep for the @SFGiants. I see you @hunterpence doing work. No need for a walkoff tonight. #BeatLA
by Anquan Boldin on May 5, 2013 at 20:03:00

That was a tremendous 7 innings of work for Matt Cain. Hope the pen can finish the game off for the @SFGiants. #BeatLA
by Anquan Boldin on May 5, 2013 at 19:18:09

nice, Boldin is paying attention.
Big win and a big sweep for the @SFGiants. I see you @hunterpence doing work. No need for a walkoff tonight. #BeatLA

That was a tremendous 7 innings of work for Matt Cain. Hope the pen can finish the game off for the @SFGiants. #BeatLA

f**k him
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

f**k him

lol why?

f**k him

lol why?

Oh, I don't know. He killed us in the super bowl.

f**k him

lol why?

Blame that on Carlos Rogers. Hes a Niner now. 2 years from now when weve won back to back Super Bowls nobody will care about SB 47.

f**k him

lol why?

Blame that on Carlos Rogers. Hes a Niner now. 2 years from now when weve won back to back Super Bowls nobody will care about SB 47.

When he suits up and actually produces for us, I'll root for him as a niner. Until then f**k him. He killed us as a cardinal and did exactly what I was scared of in the super bowl.
C, SS, CF all set for the future.

Pablo will be extended. So add 3B in there

Pence will probably be as well.

So add in RF.

I'm still not sold on Belt but maybe the giants are? So maybe we are set there for a few years

So C, 1B, SS, 3B, RF, CF are all set. Panik was drafted to be our 2B of the future.

So LF is what we need. But Blanco is a nice player. Ill take that as our weakest spot.

More like blame it on Culliver. He was the corner getting smoked the entire game.

Great job sweeping those Bums. Cain finally didn't serve up a homerun.

All alone in first place.
Originally posted by SFrush:

More like blame it on Culliver. He was the corner getting smoked the entire game.

Rogers was on Boldin since he was our tallest and slowest CB.
Originally posted by SFrush:

Rogers was on Boldin since he was our tallest and slowest CB.
60 of Boldin's receiving yards came when he was covered by Culliver. 22 of Boldin's receiving yards came when he was covered by by Rogers. Do the match who covered Boldin worse.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com