LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 302 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by Knowledge:
Kinda quiet around here

I expect more s**t talking when the Giants play the Phils

says the guy who disappears whenever the Giants win.
It's too depressing to watch Timmy's decline anymore.

Starting rotation help may definitely be a trade deadline target.
Kinda quiet around here

where were you in 2010?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Thanks but no thanks, way too much money.

the g's have nothing but money.

How long is his contract?

i never understood people complaining about salary in baseball #nosalarycap

The investment Giants owners are willing to make to improve the team is limited. So, it doesn't matter if there is a cap or not.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Kinda quiet around here

lol...good luck winning 81+ games this season.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Pablo just CRUSHED that ball. Too bad it was foul

how close was it? i was at the game last night on that side of upper reserve so i couldn't tell.

regardless, it was sucha frustrating game to go to...
Lincecum and prospects for Stanton

More runs plz
Originally posted by ads_2006:

More runs plz

But wouldn't Miami have to take on the remainder of Tim's contract? I thought spending money is the last thing Miami's FO would do.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Pablo just CRUSHED that ball. Too bad it was foul

how close was it? i was at the game last night on that side of upper reserve so i couldn't tell.

regardless, it was sucha frustrating game to go to...

It was obvious right away that it was going to be foul. Not sure on the distance but it really wasnt close.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

More runs plz

But wouldn't Miami have to take on the remainder of Tim's contract? I thought spending money is the last thing Miami's FO would do.

Miami would NEVER make a trade that included Tim Lincecum and prospects. Some people don't seem to realize that the Giants have ZERO elite prospects in their organization or that Timmy has zero trade value.

Sure know how to pick crappy games to go to!

At least I got to spend some time with my bros; having good beer, food and conversations.

Wish I hadn't missed the Sharks game, DAMN!

More runs plz

Miami would NEVER make a trade that included Tim Lincecum and prospects. Some people don't seem to realize that the Giants have ZERO elite prospects in their organization or that Timmy has zero trade value.

Yep, going to take a king's ransom to pry Stanton from the Marlins.

More runs plz

Ignoring for a moment what it would take to get him, I wouldn't mind Cespedes in LF for the Giants. I like both the A's and the Giants, but we know there's almost zero chance the A's will keep him beyond his current 4-yr contract, and Beane would love to get value for him rather than lose him via FA. So if/when he leaves the A's, would like to see him go across the bay. A's are treading water right now, but if they were to fall out of contention, it would not be a surprise if they shopped him prior to deadline this season.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:

More runs plz

Ignoring for a moment what it would take to get him, I wouldn't mind Cespedes in LF for the Giants. I like both the A's and the Giants, but we know there's almost zero chance the A's will keep him beyond his current 4-yr contract, and Beane would love to get value for him rather than lose him via FA. So if/when he leaves the A's, would like to see him go across the bay. A's are treading water right now, but if they were to fall out of contention, it would not be a surprise if they shopped him prior to deadline this season.

This would be sweet, but I don't think the giants have the chips to entice Beane. Plus, for the As front office/ownership, I think there would be an element of not wanting him to be a Giant.
Originally posted by DaManRathman:
Sure know how to pick crappy games to go to!

At least I got to spend some time with my bros; having good beer, food and conversations.

Wish I hadn't missed the Sharks game, DAMN!

Share 49ersWebzone