LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 227 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Geezus...Tim Lincecum is done. No longer holding out any more hope. Time to get it him out of the rotation.

And who would you suggest they put in his place?

Does it really matter? That's not a persuasive argument when you're arguably the worst SP of the last 1+ year

Yes it does. You have to have an alternative before you can just replace him. I just wanted to hear your suggestion on who you would replace him with.

I don't follow minor league baseball enough to have any idea who could replace him...that's also not my job. But I do know that you cannot get worse than Lincecum and almost any alternative would probably give us a better shot over the long term.
Yep another walk...
Originally posted by danimal:
Geezus...Tim Lincecum is done. No longer holding out any more hope. Time to get it him out of the rotation.

Does it really matter? That's not a persuasive argument when you're arguably the worst SP of the last 1+ year

exactly. It does not matter, pick a name of someone who will come cheap in a trade, boom you just upgraded the rotation

Still waiting on names

keep waiting. And while you are at, keep watching Lincy and believing there is not someone out there better and available

Yes it does. You have to have an alternative before you can just replace him. I just wanted to hear your suggestion on who you would replace him with.

I don't follow minor league baseball enough to have any idea who could replace him...that's also not my job. But I do know that you cannot get worse than Lincecum and almost any alternative would probably give us a better shot over the long term.

Well.. actually you can do worse right now. Cain and Vogelsong both have worse stats. Timmy's era is under 5 and Vogelsongs is over 7.

I am not suggesting that Lincecum isnt pitching like crap. But he isnt alone. At this time of year it isnt easy to just pick up quality starters.

exactly. It does not matter, pick a name of someone who will come cheap in a trade, boom you just upgraded the rotation

Still waiting on names

keep waiting. And while you are at, keep watching Lincy and believing there is not someone out there better and available

I will keep waiting because one thing I do know.... you dont know enough to actually provide any realistic names to get.
Originally posted by ads_2006:

trade for cliff lee

Lince and minor leaguers for Verlander
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

trade for cliff lee

Sounds like a trade that Danimal would suggest.
Holy s**t a double play!

trade for cliff lee

that sounds like a personal attack to me

NinerJohn, I am coming up to the Bay soon. I would love to meet you for a drink. What do you say?

trade for cliff lee

that sounds like a personal attack to me

NinerJohn, I am coming up to the Bay soon. I would love to meet you for a drink. What do you say?

LOL Is your name Dave?

unlucky bounce
Pablo just CRUSHED that ball. Too bad it was foul
ha ha, I knew homeless pierce brosnan was gonna get wet
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
LMAO that Panda foul HR and those dudes scrambling in the cove was great!
Kinda quiet around here

I expect more s**t talking when the Giants play the Phils
Share 49ersWebzone