LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

C, SS, CF all set for the future.

Pablo will be extended. So add 3B in there

Pence will probably be as well.

So add in RF.

I'm still not sold on Belt but maybe the giants are? So maybe we are set there for a few years

So C, 1B, SS, 3B, RF, CF are all set. Panik was drafted to be our 2B of the future.

So LF is what we need. But Blanco is a nice player. Ill take that as our weakest spot.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Blame that on Carlos Rogers. Hes a Niner now. 2 years from now when weve won back to back Super Bowls nobody will care about SB 47.

More like blame it on Culliver. He was the corner getting smoked the entire game.

Great job sweeping those Bums. Cain finally didn't serve up a homerun.

All alone in first place.
Originally posted by SFrush:
Blame that on Carlos Rogers. Hes a Niner now. 2 years from now when weve won back to back Super Bowls nobody will care about SB 47.

More like blame it on Culliver. He was the corner getting smoked the entire game.

Rogers was on Boldin since he was our tallest and slowest CB.
Originally posted by SFrush:

Rogers was on Boldin since he was our tallest and slowest CB.
60 of Boldin's receiving yards came when he was covered by Culliver. 22 of Boldin's receiving yards came when he was covered by by Rogers. Do the match who covered Boldin worse.
SWEEP SWEEP SWEEP
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Love this team

I looked through the supposedly top 20 Giants prospects according to the web site, although I don't agree with the ranking but it appears 11 of the 20 are worth keeping tabs on 9 who are pitchers. However, It appears there are only two position players who could become decent every day role players one second baseman and one catcher

You can click the player on the scroll bar to see how each player is performing

http://sanfrancisco.giants.mlb.com/mlb/prospects/watch/y2013/#list=sf

Worth keeping tabs on

1 Kyle Crick San Jose currently on the DL

3 Chris Stratton Augusta (would like to see him get promoted to San Jose as soon as possible)

4 Joe Panik Richmond (has potential to be an average every day second basemen starting in 2015)

5 Heath Hembree Fresno closest to being big league ready as a late inning reliever

7 Martin Agosta Augusta

10 Edwin Escobar San Jose

11 Clayton Blackburn San Jose

15 Joan Gregorio Augusta

16 Andrew Susac Richmond (Our best hitting prospect should be ready by 2014/2015)

18 Alberta Mejia San Jose

19 Ty Blach San Jose

Jury out

13 Gustavo Cabrerra our big international signing last year 17 years old

On big league roster

6 Francisco Peguero (Ceiling platoon 4th outfielder/5th outfielder)

Busts

2 Gary Brown Fresno

8 Chris Heston Fresno

9 Eric Surkamp has been on the DL all year

12 Michael Kickham Fresno

14 Ehire Adrianza Richmond

17 Ricky Oropesa Richmond

20 Juan Perez Fresno 26 years old career minor leaguer

[ Edited by sfgiantdave on May 6, 2013 at 12:08 AM ]
Giants are now 11-4 against the Dodgers since that sweep in LA caused them to trade for Gonzalez. And 2 of those 4 losses came in the final series of last year when we were resting up for the playoffs.

They can keep spending money and depleting the farm system, but were just going to keep winning. We play as a team, they play as a bunch of individuals.
lol

Reminded me of:

Guess who hit HRs for the Blue Jays today? Melky Cabrera and.....Mark DeRosa, lol....
It was pretty cool that espn had guy in a kayak in McCovey Cove handing out free hotdogs.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
It was pretty cool that espn had guy in a kayak in McCovey Cove handing out free hotdogs.

lol yeah I thought that was pretty dope!
So Gary Brown is looking like a bust? I don't watch minor league games
[ Edited by YungBird on May 6, 2013 at 6:02 AM ]
Originally posted by YungBird:
So Gary Brown is looking like a bust? I don't watch minor league games

if he is, lets trade him to the Mets for Wheeler!
Share 49ersWebzone