There are 126 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Yes. I agree with Bochy and almost everyone who has a clue when it comes to this. It doesnt surprise me that you cant understand that you dont burn out a young pitchers arm in baseball. From your comments over the past 2 years you have proven that you basically have no idea when it comes to baseball.

Yeah well this guy who has no idea about baseball also happens to be one of the few on here who was warning about Timmy's looming demise. And I stated that despite Timmy being an ALL TIME Favorite of mine
Originally posted by danimal:
Yes. I agree with Bochy and almost everyone who has a clue when it comes to this. It doesnt surprise me that you cant understand that you dont burn out a young pitchers arm in baseball. From your comments over the past 2 years you have proven that you basically have no idea when it comes to baseball.

Yeah well this guy who has no idea about baseball also happens to be one of the few on here who was warning about Timmy's looming demise. And I stated that despite Timmy being an ALL TIME Favorite of mine

LOL And you are the guy who said the Giants had no chance last year around this time. You remember that year.. the 2012 World Series Championship year.

Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by SFrush:
Bumgarner has thrown 47 innings this month, that's a lot in April. Bochy played it smart.

Of course he did. He isnt going to burn out Bumgarner this early in the season. Some people just dont get it I guess. Well.. one anyway

I don't buy the pitch count b******t of this generation, there is literally no data that suggests these p***y pitch counts and inning counts is protecting the players or the franchises investment

It does not surprise me at all that you believe in it.

For the record, I did not agree with Gibson's decision either, both managers pulled too early imo

It's not a matter of necessarily protecting the investment, it's a matter of being effective and the body wearing down or the player just getting tired. There have been some studies done stating as such. I don't know if there's a specific number of pitches that they should top out at, but repeating the same motion for long periods of time will definitely be taxing on the body.

This is a pretty interesting read:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/10/26/us-baseball-pitching-health-idUSBRE89P16G20121026

I think its both actually. A manager will look at pitch count for effectiveness and to protect his pitchers. I guess certain people dont understand that a 162 game schedule is a marathon. If you look at Bumgarner over the past couple of years he has worn down and his velocity has declined in the 2nd half. Keeping him fresh and effective is paramount to the Giants success.

The trick is to get the most out of the pitcher when they're young and still able. Dusty Baker is a great example of a manager who takes great care of power arms as a means to prolong the careers of talented pitchers. Kerry Wood, Mark Prior, Jason Schmidt, and Robb Nen pitched lights out and that is a testament to Dusty's preservation of arms.

Dusty must be Danimal's favorite manager of all time.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
god damnit timmy

my fantasy team hates you..and apparently you hate my fantasy team
Of all the possible problems this team could have had early this season, I never thought that starting pitching would be one of them.
Originally posted by jrg:
god damnit timmy

LOL Why havent you cut him yet?
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:
god damnit timmy

LOL Why havent you cut him yet?

im trying to keep hope!

his last outing gave that to me...but now...ugh
rally time f**ksticks!!!
holy nut shot
Pagan has had a great game!
goddamnit belt!
i swear dude sometimes just cannot hit a fastball right down the middle.. so wildly inconsistent...
shutdown inning...please we don't know what that is.
Man... I just accepted the fact that this is Timmy's last year as a Giant. I don't think there's any way he comes back/we pay him what he thinks he'll deserve

BELTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com