There are 157 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:



lol- Lets not start a page long quoting battle in here. s**t isnt that serious.

Go G's
Originally posted by Niners99:
Belt's top 3 months for GS were in June, Aug., and Sept. last year. The months when he played the most, he did the best. That's my point.



Clearly you don't posses the self control to avoid a situation where you have to try to insult me. Your backhanded, patronizing jabs always make me laugh. The fact that after all these years of life, you still don't know how to debate with someone over differing opinions without being stubborn and arrogant amazes me. You just cannot stand when someone disagrees with you. You always have to try and snuff their opinion out, and want to look like a big shot doing it.

Ive lost track of how many times I've held me tongue when you've repeatedly botched the spellings of half the players' names you post about. Your incessant need to criticize others' opinions, and impose your own as facts brings this thread down. You act like you're the king of the Giants thread. What John says is law! All other thoughts on any subject will be ridiculed and dismissed!

When it comes to anything in this thread, or any other baseball related thread, you can never just let it go. You have zero capacity to respect the fact that there are other opinions in any discussion. Agree with John, or prepare to be talked down to. Always with the big "LOL" leading off your pompous retorts. Even with this instance, instead of either agreeing or disagreeing about Belt being better as an everyday player, you're just out to try and criticize.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Sounds like someone is butt hurt that his facts were completely wrong and he got called out on it.

As for spelling.. go ahead and correct me. I couldnt care less. One thing I do not do is make up stuff like you do or say something like "he started EVERYDAY in the months he did well" when that clearly was not the case . In fat, he sat out about the same number of games every month throughout the year.

This wasnt about an opinion or argument anyway. I was simply correcting your error.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Apr 23, 2013 at 1:50 PM ]
I think you guys need to sit down on a weight bench and have a beer.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Sounds like someone is butt hurt that his facts were completely wrong and he got called out on it.

Why does it matter that you have to get the last laugh? If 99 is wrong, let him be.



I agree with Rubber. Let's move on......Did you guys hear about Billingsley needs tommy john?
Originally posted by Muggins:
I think you guys need to sit down on a weight bench and have a beer.

my name is dave btw.
Originally posted by Muggins:
I think you guys need to sit down on a weight bench and have a beer.

No thanks. I'd prefer to have a beer with your buddy Dave and talk about the Kings. LOL
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Why does it matter that you have to get the last laugh? If 99 is wrong, let him be.



I agree with Rubber. Let's move on......Did you guys hear about Billingsley needs tommy john?

It wasnt about getting the last laugh. It was about getting the facts straight regarding a Giants player. I see nothing wrong with that to tell you the truth. If I get facts wrong I have no problem with someone pointing that out to me. And no.. didnt hear about Chad.
that s**t sucks for chad but it's good for the G's. I just hope they don't have a better option in the minors.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Why does it matter that you have to get the last laugh? If 99 is wrong, let him be.



I agree with Rubber. Let's move on......Did you guys hear about Billingsley needs tommy john?

It wasnt about getting the last laugh. It was about getting the facts straight regarding a Giants player. I see nothing wrong with that to tell you the truth. If I get facts wrong I have no problem with someone pointing that out to me. And no.. didnt hear about Chad.

Only that first line was about Belt.

The rest was in general, and its all true.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
that s**t sucks for chad but it's good for the G's. I just hope they don't have a better option in the minors.

+1
Originally posted by pdizo916:
that s**t sucks for chad but it's good for the G's. I just hope they don't have a better option in the minors.

They traded a couple of their top pitching prospects to Boston in the Gonzo deal so their minor league isnt as deep as it used to be. They do have Lilly that can take the place of Greinke but they are hurting at the #5 guy. RIght now it is Barney Fife. Probably the top guu they sent, Allen Webster, just started for the RedSox this week.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Apr 23, 2013 at 2:04 PM ]
I hate these 705-730ish night game start times (I know most of you love them) I get up so early that around the 5th-6th inning I have to make a decision whether I continue to watch or not. I missed the Cain Perfect Game last year because the Giants jumped up like 7-0 early so I felt it was safe to go to bed. A lot of times I go to bed with the game up in the air.
Might ease the sting a little bit but I saw an article earlier in the week that showed that Zach Wheeler struggled in his last start.

Our last few homegrown starters tore through the minors without many challenges (see Cain, Lincecum, Bumgarner who tore the minors up). Not saying Wheeler wont be good, but its comforting to see he's not quite on the meteoric rise that Cain. Lincy, and Bumgarner were on.
Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:
Might ease the sting a little bit but I saw an article earlier in the week that showed that Zach Wheeler struggled in his last start.

Our last few homegrown starters tore through the minors without many challenges (see Cain, Lincecum, Bumgarner who tore the minors up). Not saying Wheeler wont be good, but its comforting to see he's not quite on the meteoric rise that Cain. Lincy, and Bumgarner were on.

From what I heard he had had blister problems all year. That can screw up command.
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com