Originally posted by DaManRathman:
i am happy

• teeohh
  • Veteran
Belt! Nice
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Bochy is a genius. If he starts Belt tonight he isnt in position to win the game in the 9th. LOL

didn't start him because of the lefty-righty matchup and then pinch hits him vs. a lefty and he wins the game.

Well, as I pointed out earlier Miley is death on lefties. It made all the sense in the world to let him sit and not stuggle against Miley. Bochy is a smart man,

He's not Clayton Kershaw, but Belt has been struggling regardless and I don't disagree with him being sat. It's just funny to me that he double switches him in an unfavorable matchup.

On a side note I think Belt is 1/2 with a double vs. Miley.
[ Edited by itlynstalyn on Apr 22, 2013 at 10:08 PM ]
Bochy is a genius. If he starts Belt tonight he isnt in position to win the game in the 9th. LOL

didn't start him because of the lefty-righty matchup and then pinch hits him vs. a lefty and he wins the game.

Well, as I pointed out earlier Miley is death on lefties. It made all the sense in the world to let him sit and not stuggle against Miley. Bochy is a smart man,

He's not Clayton Kershaw, but Belt has been struggling regardless and I don't disagree with him being sat. It's just funny to me that he double switches him in an unfavorable matchup.

No he isnt Clayton Kershaw but he has given up just 1 HR in his career to a lefty so far. The double switch was an obvious move. Arias had made the last out in the 8th inning and Arizona had a rhp in the game at the time. Bochy did not put Belt in the game in an unfavorable matchup when he made the double switch.

On a side note I think Belt is 1/2 with a double vs. Miley.

1 for 3 with a K actually. But meaningless with that small of a sample size
I know it's early, but this 2013 team is giving me the warm and fuzzy feeling already. Hoping our starting pitching picks up some slack soon.

No he isnt Clayton Kershaw but he has given up just 1 HR in his career to a lefty so far. The double switch was an obvious move. Arias had made the last out in the 8th inning and Arizona had a rhp in the game at the time. Bochy did not put Belt in the game in an unfavorable matchup when he made the double switch.

Bochy benched Belt against a lefty twice in the last three games for a right handed batter matchup and will do so again tomorrow from what he said today. How is letting him hit against a lefty not unfavorable? You're just splitting hairs here.
[ Edited by itlynstalyn on Apr 22, 2013 at 10:22 PM ]

Bochy benched Belt against a lefty twice in the last three games for a right handed batter matchup. How is pinch hitting him against a lefty not unfavorable? You're just splitting hairs here.
Were you watching the game? He didnt pinch hit him. He put him in the field as part of a double switch when he brought Romo in the game in the top of the 9th. I am not splitting hairs. I am telling the situation as it was. There was NOT a lefty in the game for Arizona when Bochy put him in the obvious double move switch.

Jeez man.

Bochy benched Belt against a lefty twice in the last three games for a right handed batter matchup. How is pinch hitting him against a lefty not unfavorable? You're just splitting hairs here.
Were you watching the game? He didnt pinch hit him. He put him in the field as part of a double switch when he brought Romo in the game in the top of the 9th. I am not splitting hairs. I am telling the situation as it was. There was NOT a lefty in the game for Arizona when Bochy put him in the obvious double move switch.

Jeez man.

I edited it, ref**kinglax. What I'm getting at is a) the irony of him sitting against a lefty starter and the getting the winning hit against a lefty and b) Bochy not lifting him for right hander in that situation.

And yes, I saw the game and saw the double-switch.
[ Edited by itlynstalyn on Apr 22, 2013 at 10:25 PM ]
I edited it, ref**kinglax. What I'm getting at is a) the irony of him sitting against a lefty starter and the getting the winning hit against a lefty and b) Bochy not lifting him for right hander in that situation.

I am perfectly relaxed. Was just correcting you and trying to put it out why the double move was obvious. By the way, the only 2 RH batters on the bench were Quiroz and Sanchez. Thats it. Hardly a situation where Bochy would have hit for Belt in the 9th. Anyway.. moving on
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Apr 22, 2013 at 10:43 PM ]
lulz

belt is a teaser

will go 2 - 27 in his next nine starts,

then get a home run when bochy threatens his ass
Awesome win. This team just does not give up.
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com