There are 192 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

C'mon Torres...step into it!
f**kin Torres. I blame this loss on him.
3 errors and a passed ball...not gonna win. Lets take the series tomorrow. Az is a tough team.
Just an awful 10th inning. Torres has to catch that damn ball!
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Panda you fat f**k.
Originally posted by Leathaface:

I still cant believe the Pence hit ended the inning. Not sure whether to blame that play on Flannery for sending Sandoval home, or Sandoval for being so fat he couldnt even get home from 2nd on a slow roller to RF. Also, Sandoval at least should have slid in on the outside of the plate. He just ran right up to the catcher.

Between that whole inning, the Torres misplay, and the Belt dropped ball, thats one of the sloppiest finishes ive seen in a while. The Giants gave that one away.
Originally posted by Niners99:

I still cant believe the Pence hit ended the inning. Not sure whether to blame that play on Flannery for sending Sandoval home, or Sandoval for being so fat he couldnt even get home from 2nd on a slow roller to RF. Also, Sandoval at least should have slid in on the outside of the plate. He just ran right up to the catcher.

Between that whole inning, the Torres misplay, and the Belt dropped ball, thats one of the sloppiest finishes ive seen in a while. The Giants gave that one away.

I want to blame Flannery on that especially considering how Panda barely got to 2nd on that ball he hit into the corner...but I won't since he's usually right.

We definitely gave one away, but we're moving in the right direction.

Although I love that we have the ability to come from behind, I'm starting to get tired of always being down early.
turrrrible..

belt smashed that HR though....

I missed the 11th inning. What exactly happened with Torres?
Originally posted by SFrush:

Stopped short on a ball he had an outside chance of getting to. It looked like there was some miscommunication between he and Pagan as to who was going after the ball and he paused on the throw and Gregorious (think that's who it was) took second. Then after that Belt couldn't dig out a Panda throw that he should have had. Just an all around terrible inning to be honest.

Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

Stopped short on a ball he had an outside chance of getting to. It looked like there was some miscommunication between he and Pagan as to who was going after the ball and he paused on the throw and Gregorious (think that's who it was) took second. Then after that Belt couldn't dig out a Panda throw that he should have had. Just an all around terrible inning to be honest.

Gregorious, the youngster really won that game for the Dbacks: he hustled for second on what should had been a single, then took Belt's concentration away from the ball when he broke for 3rd as soon as Pablo threw it so Brandon was half thinking about catching the hopper and half thinking about snapping a throw back to third.

I do blame the loss on Torres (no error and Marte's grounder possibly ends in a DP), but the kid made it happen
Originally posted by vrabbit:

Gregorious, the youngster really won that game for the Dbacks: he hustled for second on what should had been a single, then took Belt's concentration away from the ball when he broke for 3rd as soon as Pablo threw it so Brandon was half thinking about catching the hopper and half thinking about snapping a throw back to third.

I do blame the loss on Torres (no error and Marte's grounder possibly ends in a DP), but the kid made it happen

After watching it again, im blaming the loss on Sandoval and Flannery. It was a rare mistake from Flannery to send Pablo home, but a BAD one. Not sure what on earth he was thinking. Even if it had been Blanco it wouldve been iffy.

Then Sandoval for being too fat, making a pispoor effort at a avoiding a tag at home, and for skipping that bad throw to 1st. Im not blaming Belt for dropping it, because Sandoval had time to make a good throw, but didnt.

After watching it again, im blaming the loss on Sandoval and Flannery. It was a rare mistake from Flannery to send Pablo home, but a BAD one. Not sure what on earth he was thinking. Even if it had been Blanco it wouldve been iffy.

Then Sandoval for being too fat, making a pispoor effort at a avoiding a tag at home, and for skipping that bad throw to 1st. Im not blaming Belt for dropping it, because Sandoval had time to make a good throw, but didnt.

LOL I'd defend Pablo to death on this one. Are you kidding me? going home is on Flannery. If I have to guess he didn't want to dumptruck a fellow Venezuelan but he was out by a mile. Let's not nitpick about him being fat when he doesn't score on a play Gary Brown himself wouldn't score, but we don't say s**t about the fact he's hitting EVERYTHING nowadays and it's among MLB leaders in RBI's. The skip throw to 1st is on Belt, who picks that up 99 times out of 100, he tried putting 2 hands on it for crying out loud.
lol at that kayak battle

LOL I'd defend Pablo to death on this one. Are you kidding me? going home is on Flannery. If I have to guess he didn't want to dumptruck a fellow Venezuelan but he was out by a mile. Let's not nitpick about him being fat when he doesn't score on a play Gary Brown himself wouldn't score, but we don't say s**t about the fact he's hitting EVERYTHING nowadays and it's among MLB leaders in RBI's. The skip throw to 1st is on Belt, who picks that up 99 times out of 100, he tried putting 2 hands on it for crying out loud.

You see no fault in Sandoval's game last night? Really? He got a bad jump on the Pence hit in the first place, hes totally out of shape for a player whos getting paid big bucks, he didnt even attempt to come in wide at home plate to try and grab the plate before he was tagged, and he had time to make a good throw to 1st, and he skipped it.

Obviously he wasnt the only one to screw up last night, but he deserves a good amount of criticism. Flannery shouldve put up a stop sign at 3rd with the guy who played hero the last 2 nights coming up again with the bases loaded, but just watching Sandoval chug through 3rd and then basically slow down and tap chests with the catcher who was waiting with the ball? It was a pretty pathetic effort. Either truck the guy over, or try to avoid a tag. That was our shot, and it looked like he just gave up.
Share 49ersWebzone