Not a member? Register Now!

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Can we just start Zito every game please
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

Madison Bumgarner rejects that idea.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

From the "things-you-would-never-hear-Giants-fan-say, 2010 season edition" thread.
We need Vogey to have a good outing, he has been just average as of late...
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by SFrush:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Ubaldo was throwing every pitch at maximum capacity. It was only a matter of time before he blew his arm out. COL knew it, and dumped him off on the Indians, who didnt do their homework.
I don't recall him blowing his arm out.

I do recall bad command and so many moving parts in his mechanics which made it unrepeatable.

You are correct and have a better memory than 99 does on this subject obviously.

Apparently you dont remember Ubaldo throwing 97-100 on a regular basis that year. He was trying to be Justin Verlander, and he wore his arm out. There was no major injury, but he couldnt keep that kind of pace up anymore.

And at least I saw the writing on the wall. He didnt even make it through the 2010 season before he lost it. You were drooling over him.
Originally posted by SFrush:
Ubaldo was throwing every pitch at maximum capacity. It was only a matter of time before he blew his arm out. COL knew it, and dumped him off on the Indians, who didnt do their homework.
I don't recall him blowing his arm out.

I do recall bad command and so many moving parts in his mechanics which made it unrepeatable.

You are correct and have a better memory than 99 does on this subject obviously.

Apparently you dont remember Ubaldo throwing 97-100 on a regular basis that year. He was trying to be Justin Verlander, and he wore his arm out. There was no major injury, but he couldnt keep that kind of pace up anymore.

And at least I saw the writing on the wall. He didnt even make it through the 2010 season before he lost it. You were drooling over him.

Wait.. you said he blew his arm out? LOL Never happened. Yes his fastball has declined from an average of 96 ( he never averaged 97-100) in 2010 to 93 but most think it is because of mechanics. It could be some wear and tear just like it is with most flame throwers

Why dont you show us those posts where you saw the handwriting on the wall and I was "drooling" over him. LOL The only pitcher I have consistently drooled over from the beginning was Clayton Kershaw. I liked the kind of stuff that Ubaldo was dealing like most people. Hell, he was 15-1 I think and the AS game starter. Pretty sure you werent saying he was awful. But, feel free to show us those posts of yours.
Originally posted by Muggins:

LOL.. 99 trying to give us the I told you so stuff. I really should just ignore all of his posts. It would make this thread more enjoyable.

LOL.. 99 trying to give us the I told you so stuff. I really should just ignore all of his posts. It would make this thread more enjoyable.

sadly, you wont
Originally posted by vrabbit:

sadly, you wont

LOL I'm going to try my best.

sadly, you wont

lol
I will say that I remember some people thinking Ubaldo would be a one-year-wonder but I don't remember who (and that thread is long gone). His mechanics are definitely different now, but I think it's also in his head (I read an article about his grip and how it causes a blister and affected his mechanics when the blister was infected - kind of ridiculous, but who knows?).

Was a bad trade for both teams, Alex White and Drew Pomeranz haven't done s**t either, but at least they're controlled and could turn out to be decent.

And as long as we're bringing up old stuff, Zack Wheeler > Tyler Matzek and John Bowker blows

sadly, you wont

LOL I'm going to try my best.

Please do, considering youre always the one picking the fight.

The whole thing started when someone else called you out for loving Ubaldo. I just made a comment that I knew he wouldnt last, and then you of course had to make a backhanded comment about it. Now im the one being high and mighty?
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
John gonna John
The Giants' batting order:

CF Pagan
2B Scutaro
3B Sandoval
C Posey
RF Pence
1B Arias
LF Torres
SS Crawford