Not a member? Register Now!

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Zito with a quality start

Cant stop the magic unicorn rider!
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Ballgame.

Great bounce back from Zito. Just what we needed, sweep of these scrubs. Bring on the DBags
Good win. Zito, Posey, Arias playing every position. I'll take it.
Sweep!
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Obviously he won the MVP last year, so its not a huge problem, but ive always noticed that Posey goes down 0-2 looking ALOT. It seems like he could do some damage early in the count if he got more aggressive. He lays off early, and I think the opposing team pitches to that scouting report to steal strikes.

It is nice to have a player thats too patient for a change though.

He's trying to do too much right now, same with Belt.

Both of them are so off-balanced in their stances and are guessing and reaching at pitches out of the zone and are getting fooled on a lot of first pitch strikes.

Curious to see what adjustments are made. I have a feeling Belt isn't going to get much longer of a leash if he doesn't start producing.

lol whatd i tell you, first pitch swinging and he goes yard.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
lol whatd i tell you, first pitch swinging and he goes yard.

Fire BamBam, hire Niners99
Originally posted by Garcia:
torres hitting .290

Balco
8-1 against the NL West.

The entire offseason "experts" kept picking LA and AZ. The ones who picked LA went the "safe" route because of the talent, and the ones who picked AZ did so for attention. We have to be the only team to win 2 WS in 3 years and still get shrugged off as overrated.
8-1 against the NL West.

The entire offseason "experts" kept picking LA and AZ. The ones who picked LA went the "safe" route because of the talent, and the ones who picked AZ did so for attention. We have to be the only team to win 2 WS in 3 years and still get shrugged off as overrated.

Well, it's still EXTREMELY early so who knows who is going to win that division. Also, I saw more ppl picking the giants over AZ; but the majority picked the doyers IIRC. Also, I've went on record to say that the D'backs are more of a threat than the Doyers for the division title.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
8-1 against the NL West.

Well, it's still EXTREMELY early so who knows who is going to win that division. Also, I saw more ppl picking the giants over AZ; but the majority picked the doyers IIRC. Also, I've went on record to say that the D'backs are more of a threat than the Doyers for the division title.

Its very early, but im just pointing out that most of the experts picked against us again this year, yet weve had zero problems with anyone in the division early on. The Rockies are leading the West at 13-5, and we swept them.

We could probably win the next 2 WS and in 2016 theyd be saying "The Giants had the magic working these last few years, but they still dont hit enough."
Its very early, but im just pointing out that most of the experts picked against us again this year, yet weve had zero problems with anyone in the division early on. The Rockies are leading the West at 13-5, and we swept them.

We could probably win the next 2 WS and in 2016 theyd be saying "The Giants had the magic working these last few years, but they still dont hit enough."

I love being hated by the ignorant masses. Hate on, haters. I LOVE IT THAT I CAN RUB OUR SUCCESS TO THE DOYERS FAN FACES!!!!! They have ABSOLUTELY NO LEG to stand on. NONE.

edit: They won more division titles; jackie robinson
[ Edited by pdizo916 on Apr 21, 2013 at 5:20 PM ]
Originally posted by skeetskeet:
Remember when John wanted Ubaldo Jimenez?! Lol.

Timmy looked dirty again last night. If he can locate like last night... It'll e a good year. I agree with John, I think posey catching him is huge.

Cain will get back on track as will Vogey.

I like this team.

I remember when you wouldnt trade Tim Lincecum for Clayton Kershaw. That I remember. As for Ubaldo... I never said I would trade Lincecum or Cain for him. I just liked him (when most people did) when he was dealing and the AS game starter. Obviously the Indians thought so too as they traded quite a bit to get him.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Apr 21, 2013 at 6:01 PM ]
Nice to sweep the Padres but we aren't even out of April yet. The Rockies are in first place for christ sake. When its the AS break I will worry about where the Giants, Dodgers, or Diamondbacks are in the standings. I still think all will be contenders in the end. No one is running away in the NL West this year.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Time to build a lead....

Dodgers rotation is in shambles.
Colorado's rotation wont hold up.
SD = Minor Leaguers

That leaves Arizona... hopefully we can win the series coming up.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
I want winners!
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com