There are 159 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

at least the dodgers are losing 5-1....yeah belt...!
man...that was close.
Originally posted by Leathaface:

and the d-backs lost
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by Leathaface:

and the d-backs lost

and rockies down 8-6
Once again, gotta give it to this team, they don't quit.

Safe to say Zito will never be a Brewer. Miller Park just doesn't agree with him.
it was a good run for zito. that streak couldn't have lasted forever
I counted around 17 great AB's through the lineup and off the bench today. Very impressive.

Bullpen was excellent as well. A lot of silver linings in this loss.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
lol @ Zito K'ing Ryan Braun twice in a row, once with the bags loaded....
Originally posted by Garcia:
lol @ Zito K'ing Ryan Braun twice in a row, once with the bags loaded....

wasnt funny when he gave up 9 runs. A HOF player fails 7 out of 10 times to hit .300.
Good run for Zito, but I had a feeling it was gonna be tough at Milwaukee for him.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Good run for Zito, but I had a feeling it was gonna be tough at Milwaukee for him.

This. He has never pitched well there, and this miracle run had to halt sooner or later. Not phased. Zito will be just fine.

Posey needs to take advantage of the Brewers park and get hot, maybe add a homer.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by SF69ers:

This. He has never pitched well there, and this miracle run had to halt sooner or later. Not phased. Zito will be just fine.

Posey needs to take advantage of the Brewers park and get hot, maybe add a homer.

agreed. a positive that i saw, regardless of his bad outing, was keeping composed and not being intimidated by Braun, who he struck out twice.

guys like Posey and Belt need to get their bats rolling now. Perfect place to do it.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
wasnt funny when he gave up 9 runs. A HOF player fails 7 out of 10 times to hit .300.

thats why it's funny... he had the worst game in the last i dont know, 3 1/4 of a year? and he still K'd their best player twice in a row... is what Im saying

THE LORD WILL RISE
Btw, Clayton Blackburn is the real deal. Saw him last night and after giving up a solo HR to the 2nd batter, he scattered only 3 more hits through 6 innings. This kid already knows how to pitch by mixing speeds, commanding location, keeping hitters off balance and setting them up perfectly. I don't think he hit 90 on the gun at anytime last night, but he still had 9 Ks against just 1 BB. Now, it's clear that he's not even trying to throw hard so it's likely that his fastball is more low-to-mid 90's, but his command is so impressive at 88-89 that he doesn't need to hump it up in Low A ball. Think Greg Maddux's command/mound presence in the body of Rick Reuschel and that's Clayton Blackburn.

Then LHR Bryce Bandilla came in with his 95+ stuff and was blowing guys away. Bandilla is another arm to watch as a lefty reliever. In fact, this SJ pitching staff top-to-bottom might end up being one of the impressive ones in all of minor league ball this year.
Originally posted by Garcia:

thats why it's funny... he had the worst game in the last i dont know, 3 1/4 of a year? and he still K'd their best player twice in a row... is what Im saying

THE LORD WILL RISE

Its not all that amazing, Braun is coming off a neck injury and still isnt right. He looked confused at the plate. (I cant stand him by the way).
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com