LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 258 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by DertyDonahue:
Yeah, yeah - I'm not a fan of his Frisbee and 88 MPH meat. A lot of people are. I'm not a racist, either - don't appreciate the insinuation.
Anyways, I just got back from the SJ Giants game. Kyle Crick got chased in the fourth. Villalona hasn't found the interstate, struck out with the bases loaded.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
I do not like Romo as a closer. Rather have a traditional closer out there. Never really liked him as a Guy coming in to get the meat of the lineup out. He did well last year, so far this year (minus today) he was really good. I'm sure he'll bounce back from this fine.

I hear you. Who would want a guy facing the meat of their order who has unbelievable control with an almost unhitable slider. And to boot he has a horrible 2.14 lifetime ERA, 2.08 in the playoffs, and a 0 ERA in the World Series with 3 saves. I want someone who can be trusted in pressure situations, not someone who blew a save against the cubs after 6 straight saves with hitters being 2-20 against him with a 0 ERA. Wilson, Mariano, Sutter never blew one save. Romo should face the 6,7,8 hitter, maybe an occasional pinch hitter? Am I right?

Ya. Romo just sucks. Rivera sucks as a traditional closer too. Skinny guy, throws one pitch, and has great control but doesnt throw 97. I hate guys like that.

Maybe he thinks Romo just looks illegal?

Do you even know of the shirt he wore at the victory parade?
Hey Derby.. maybe you should pay more attention to results than how hard Romo throws. He did close out every series last post season and was perfect today until a wind blown fly ball went out. I knew someone would be make a ridiculous comment after todays game and............... YOU WERE THE GUY.
Yes, I saw the shirt he wore.

I'm glad your prediction could come true. I just don't believe he has the stuff to be a closer for a long period of time. When he misses with that fastball, or throws a cement mixer, like he did today, well - you saw what happened.

And the first Guy he faced today hit one out, wasn't perfect for long.
[ Edited by DertyDonahue on Apr 12, 2013 at 11:18 PM ]
Any thoughts on Timmy does anyone think we'll trade him this yr if he shows a little of his old self? ??
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Any thoughts on Timmy does anyone think we'll trade him this yr if he shows a little of his old self? ??

We wont get much. He would be moved to the pen if he ends up sucking this season.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:

We wont get much. He would be moved to the pen if he ends up sucking this season.

Yea like in tha playoffs I just wonder how much he would want as a pen Guy N if he would want to just be a pen Guy????

I'm glad your prediction could come true. I just don't believe he has the stuff to be a closer for a long period of time. When he misses with that fastball, or throws a cement mixer, like he did today, well - you saw what happened.

Keep in mind, many posters in this thread are really just limited to restating the obvious. It is obvious that Romo is in top form right now and was last season too for the final couple of months.

This is obvious to any 3rd grader how bad ass Romo is right now.

But anybody with some baseball iq and a little good old fashioned critical thinking who says they have concern about a non prototypical closer being our only closer on the roster is dismissed as a moron.

Well some of us morons actually like to use our mind and be speculative as opposed to just posting about how amazing that slider looks right now.

Remember, only about 2% of Giants fans dared speak against Lincy in his prime. There were only a few of us who were willing to warn the others that he probably comes with a short shelf life....you know given his lack of producing ground outs and the toll his freak delivery must be inflicting
[ Edited by danimal on Apr 12, 2013 at 11:52 PM ]
Originally posted by danimal:

Keep in mind, many posters in this thread are really just limited to restating the obvious. It is obvious that Romo is in top form right now and was last season too for the final couple of months.

This is obvious to any 3rd grader how bad ass Romo is right now.

But anybody with some baseball iq and a little good old fashioned critical thinking who says they have concern about a non prototypical closer being our only closer on the roster is dismissed as a moron.

Well some of us morons actually like to use our mind and be speculative as opposed to just posting about how amazing that slider looks right now.

Remember, only about 2% of Giants fans dared speak against Lincy in his prime. There were only a few of us who were willing to warn the others that he probably comes with a short shelf life....you know given his lack of producing ground outs and the toll his freak delivery must be inflicting

LOL at the morons comment. Actually I think I was the only one who wanted to trade Lincecum. Lincy, Posey and Panda for Harper, Strasburg, and Zimmerman. I got ripped for that one.

As for Romo... he has great command, and has done nothing but succeed. I couldnt care less if he isnt 240 pounds and throw 96 mph. It just makes me laugh that someone would come in here and say they dont like him as our closer on the day he blows his first save. I didnt see Derby or you saying that before this.
[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Apr 13, 2013 at 12:08 AM ]
I said it like a week ago, and you responded

Anyway, Romo is a minor minor gripe for me. I always said this is one of my complaints that I have no solution for. More than anything I just hope we don't continue to have 75% of our games end with save opportunities.......but I know we will
Isn't a "traditional closer" a guy who gets saves? Don't give a s**t what he throws or how he does it as long as he gets the job done. The only minor thing that worries me about Romo is his knee over the course of the season.

Test
PAGAN IS OUT! (Elbow) (day to day soreness) #SFGiants lineup: CF Blanco, 2B Scutaro, 3B Sandoval, C Posey, RF Pence, 1B Belt, LF Torres, SS Crawford, P Bumgarner
[ Edited by YungBird on Apr 13, 2013 at 8:26 AM ]
Nate getting a World Series ring
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Nate getting a World Series ring

Good, I like Nate

Originally posted by YungBird:
PAGAN IS OUT! (Elbow) (day to day soreness) #SFGiants lineup: CF Blanco, 2B Scutaro, 3B Sandoval, C Posey, RF Pence, 1B Belt, LF Torres, SS Crawford, P Bumgarner

Blanco is in left, Torres is in center and I thought it said sore wrist.
  • luv49rs
  • Hall of Fame
Good luck guys

I shall return to rooting for the giants once their series against my cubbies is done
Share 49ersWebzone