There are 61 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 30,488
W for G's
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by DRnSFw:
"thats whats up" i guess is a phrase romo says all the time so now the SFGiants Account uses it everytime he gets a save..will get played out by the end of May Mark My Words!

The first time I ever heard that line was in a movie -- a modern day remake of John Wayne's Son's of Katie Elder. It's called Four Brothers. When one of the heroes (Mark Wahlberg) beats up and wins a death duel against the enemy (a gang leader who ordered the murder of his adoptive mother), somebody yells "that's what's up" when the final blow is struck.

Anybody else heard it before 2005?

Victor Sweet went down. . . good movie IMO. I never thought of it in terms of "The Sons of Katie Elder", but now that you mention it . . . yeah, totally.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 30,488
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by DRnSFw:
"thats whats up" i guess is a phrase romo says all the time so now the SFGiants Account uses it everytime he gets a save..will get played out by the end of May Mark My Words!

The first time I ever heard that line was in a movie -- a modern day remake of John Wayne's Son's of Katie Elder. It's called Four Brothers. When one of the heroes (Mark Wahlberg) beats up and wins a death duel against the enemy (a gang leader who ordered the murder of his adoptive mother), somebody yells "that's what's up" when the final blow is struck.

Anybody else heard it before 2005?

Victor Sweet went down. . . good movie IMO. I never thought of it in terms of "The Sons of Katie Elder", but now that you mention it . . . yeah, totally.

thats whats up is slang bro.
only people who grew up around hood fools know it.
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by billbird2111:
Originally posted by DRnSFw:
"thats whats up" i guess is a phrase romo says all the time so now the SFGiants Account uses it everytime he gets a save..will get played out by the end of May Mark My Words!

The first time I ever heard that line was in a movie -- a modern day remake of John Wayne's Son's of Katie Elder. It's called Four Brothers. When one of the heroes (Mark Wahlberg) beats up and wins a death duel against the enemy (a gang leader who ordered the murder of his adoptive mother), somebody yells "that's what's up" when the final blow is struck.

Anybody else heard it before 2005?

Victor Sweet went down. . . good movie IMO. I never thought of it in terms of "The Sons of Katie Elder", but now that you mention it . . . yeah, totally.

thats whats up is slang bro.
only people who grew up around hood fools know it.
Wha? 2005? That line was being thrown around in my ol stomping grounds, Salinas CA. Like back in early '98
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 30,488
Originally posted by Bleed49ers4Life:
Wha? 2005? That line was being thrown around in my ol stomping grounds, Salinas CA. Like back in early '98

way back then bruh. i feel ya
Greinke broke his collarbone in a fight with Carlos Quentin. I feel bad for Greinke but not for the Dodgers. f**k the Dodgers.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 30,488
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Greinke broke his collarbone in a fight with Carlos Quentin. I feel bad for Greinke but not for the Dodgers. f**k the Dodgers.

lmaooooo f**king douchebag.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11,874
Damn I hate the dodgers though
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Greinke broke his collarbone in a fight with Carlos Quentin. I feel bad for Greinke but not for the Dodgers. f**k the Dodgers.

I hate to applaud an injury, but credit Quentin's big 230 lb ass for the assist.
Mattingly thinks Quentin should be suspended until Greinke can pitch.

Totally stupid how this started with Kemp being "brushed back" (it looked completely unintentional) and then Greinke retaliated for no reason and decides to hit the guy who has been hit 100+ times in his career. I'd blame AJ Ellis for not protecting his pitcher quickly enough.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 30,488
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Mattingly thinks Quentin should be suspended until Greinke can pitch.

Totally stupid how this started with Kemp being "brushed back" (it looked completely unintentional) and then Greinke retaliated for no reason and decides to hit the guy who has been hit 100+ times in his career. I'd blame AJ Ellis for not protecting his pitcher quickly enough.

i agree. stupid decision by the doyers......thats the wrong guy to hit. dude is big
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11,874
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Mattingly thinks Quentin should be suspended until Greinke can pitch.

Totally stupid how this started with Kemp being "brushed back" (it looked completely unintentional) and then Greinke retaliated for no reason and decides to hit the guy who has been hit 100+ times in his career. I'd blame AJ Ellis for not protecting his pitcher quickly enough.

If greinke didn't start nothin it wouldn't be nothin

And yeah you have to protect your pitcher
[ Edited by teeohh on Apr 11, 2013 at 11:37 PM ]
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 11,874
Watching the video it looks like three dodgers taking Quentin down
I love baseball fights. As free agency has taken over, players all know eachother too well to really have beef. Seems like benches cleared on a regular basis in the 60's-80's.

Its sad that there hasnt been a good Giants/Dodgers brawl in a long time. Last I remember any conflict was a day game at AT&T when Michael Tucker and Eric Gagne had words, and they all kind of gathered, but with no punches thrown. I think it was over a collision at 1B.
Kirk Morrison ‏@kirkmorrison31m
Dodgers/Padres fans and media going back and forth tonight on twitter about the Greinke vs Quentin fiasco tonight. SF Giants winners again.
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com