LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

• MuggD
  • Veteran
Baggerly noted a story from last year with Vogey criticizing Quentin..

SAN DIEGO Brandon Belt had an angry, red bruise just above his right hip.

Ryan Vogelsong was even angrier.

The Giants' intense right-hander was incensed that Belt was hit in what the Giants viewed as a clear retaliatory act in the fourth inning of a 7-1 loss to the San Diego Padres on Sunday.

Vogelsong had hit Carlos Quentin two innings earlier. And after the game, Vogelsong sent a verbal shot whizzing in Quentin's direction.

"The guy hammers balls over the plate and then gets pissed when you throw them inside," Vogelsong said. "Doesn't make sense."

Vogelsong fills up his tank with fury when he pitches.Thats just how he competes. At times, it can spill over. Remember earlier this season against the Reds' Bronson Arroyo, when Vogelsong threw his bat after getting brushed back? Or last year at Florida, when he visibly reacted after recoiling from some chin music?

So it was a bit odd for Vogelsong to say this after a frustrating, abbreviated start at Petco Park: "Every time you hit a guy in this game, they think you did it on purpose. It's tired."
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Pagan CF,
Scutaro 2B,
Sandoval 3B,
Posey C,
Pence RF,
Belt 1B,
Blanco LF,
Crawford SS
Cain SP.

Crawford been playing really well. I'd like to see Belt smash one over the ivy. Day baseball!!!!
Originally posted by Muggins:
I thoroughly enjoyed that. f**k the Dodgers.

• Garce
  • Veteran
CMON BELT
[ Edited by Garcia on Apr 12, 2013 at 11:52 AM ]
  • Garce
  • Veteran
well that sucked....
  • Garce
  • Veteran
I hope this game isnt postponed.
We need to trade Cain before he loses all value. Vogeldong too. And Lincycum. Go with a 2 man MadBum / Zito rotation. Give Lord Zito 80% of the starts. We'll win 130+ games fo' sho'
[ Edited by TheSixthRing on Apr 12, 2013 at 12:10 PM ]
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
We need to trade Cain before he loses all value. Vogeldong too. And Lincycum. Go with a 2 man MadBum / Zito rotation. Pitch Zito 80% of the starts. We'll win 130+ games fo' sho'

Zito never loses so the team will win 100%.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
We need to trade Cain before he loses all value. Vogeldong too. And Lincycum. Go with a 2 man MadBum / Zito rotation. Pitch Zito 80% of the starts. We'll win 130+ games fo' sho'

package cain and posey for some prospects
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

package cain and posey for some prospects

Billy Beane approves.

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
That's why MLB and others are saying its embarrassing. It logically, would not seem that grienke intentionally tried to hit Quentin. However, they apparently have a history and Quentin went crazy. Had grienke not gotten injured, nobody would have said anything

Greinke has hit him twice before but there are other pitchers who have hit him more. Quentin was just clueless to charge the mound in that situation. He would have been suspended regardless of the injury but my guess is that he will now get about 8-10 games instead of 4-5.

You dont know what Greinke said though. He hit Quentin twice before, and they had past beef. When someone like that pegs you in the arm, and then says something offensive? Itd be hard to keep your cool.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
f**king hell. someone knock a run in.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
That's why MLB and others are saying its embarrassing. It logically, would not seem that grienke intentionally tried to hit Quentin. However, they apparently have a history and Quentin went crazy. Had grienke not gotten injured, nobody would have said anything

Greinke has hit him twice before but there are other pitchers who have hit him more. Quentin was just clueless to charge the mound in that situation. He would have been suspended regardless of the injury but my guess is that he will now get about 8-10 games instead of 4-5.

You dont know what Greinke said though. He hit Quentin twice before, and they had past beef. When someone like that pegs you in the arm, and then says something offensive? Itd be hard to keep your cool.

I thought this was retaliation for throwing at Kemp?
Originally posted by Niners99:

I couldnt care less what Greinke said. Quentin deserves a big suspension. Just no reason for him to have charged the mound in that situation.
This ump...
Share 49ersWebzone