LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 260 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Romo in da clutch
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
"thats whats up" i guess is a phrase romo says all the time so now the SFGiants Account uses it everytime he gets a save..will get played out by the end of May Mark My Words!
Championship
nice comeback. congrats noonan

we winning 100 games this year lol.. too soon?
Originally posted by DRnSFw:
"thats whats up" i guess is a phrase romo says all the time so now the SFGiants Account uses it everytime he gets a save..will get played out by the end of May Mark My Words!

The first time I ever heard that line was in a movie -- a modern day remake of John Wayne's Son's of Katie Elder. It's called Four Brothers. When one of the heroes (Mark Wahlberg) beats up and wins a death duel against the enemy (a gang leader who ordered the murder of his adoptive mother), somebody yells "that's what's up" when the final blow is struck.

Anybody else heard it before 2005?
Arias/Noonan is a nice utility combination off the bench.
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
Originally posted by billbird2111:

The first time I ever heard that line was in a movie -- a modern day remake of John Wayne's Son's of Katie Elder. It's called Four Brothers. When one of the heroes (Mark Wahlberg) beats up and wins a death duel against the enemy (a gang leader who ordered the murder of his adoptive mother), somebody yells "that's what's up" when the final blow is struck.

yeah man, it's been a street lingo for a long time, Urban Music been hearing it for sometime before 2005
Awesome win. 2 straight games where we came back from huge holes. Definitely don't wanna make a habit of this but good to see.

Romo is amazing. Nice game for Noonan. Casilla has bounced back nice from Game 1.
  • DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Awesome win. 2 straight games where we came back from huge holes. Definitely don't wanna make a habit of this but good to see.

Romo is amazing. Nice game for Noonan. Casilla has bounced back nice from Game 1.

they won 10-0 yesterday
Just finished watching it on DVR. First couple innings I was pissed watching that cold, sloppy Chicago weather b******t game...but I didnt turn the channel like a b***h and watched my G'S fight back. Good win Boch stuck with Vogey, that was cool. That's why they love him and they pay him back.

• jrg
  • Veteran

We hear you loud and clear, Giants fans. It's time Buster Posey makes his way onto the cover of MLB 13: The Show.

Get the limited-edition cover featuring the NL MVP at https://www.facebook.com/mlbtheshow/app_260001524093453
[ Edited by jrg on Apr 11, 2013 at 5:26 PM ]
  • Garce
  • Veteran
W for G's

Victor Sweet went down. . . good movie IMO. I never thought of it in terms of "The Sons of Katie Elder", but now that you mention it . . . yeah, totally.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Victor Sweet went down. . . good movie IMO. I never thought of it in terms of "The Sons of Katie Elder", but now that you mention it . . . yeah, totally.

thats whats up is slang bro.
only people who grew up around hood fools know it.
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

thats whats up is slang bro.
only people who grew up around hood fools know it.
Wha? 2005? That line was being thrown around in my ol stomping grounds, Salinas CA. Like back in early '98
Share 49ersWebzone