There are 214 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
It is funny how Zito went from hated to loved over the last year-Ish. He isn't just winning, but his command is great and he is hitting. I used to be a Zito booer, now I just root for his ass and the story of it. Really cool.

I just got done watching it off DVR. Great win. Everybody was hitting.

I really have a hard time believing Zito is pitching well because he's relaxed.

He's going to pitch over 200 innings and trigger his option. He's pitching for $11,000,000.

lol are you actually suggesting that he just started putting forth the effort to do well because he wants to earn a little more cash next season?

Something changed, which has allowed him to control his pitches. Its not a matter of trying harder for a bonus.

Its not just the command although that is huge. He developed the cutter and has much more movement that he had a couple of years ago. With more movement on his pitches and better control he has become a true pitcher. Lincecum should learn from him.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Even the Fresno Grizzlies are raking tonight....3 HRs in 3 innings (Brett Pill in the first, Chris Dominguez in the 2nd and Cole Gillespie in the 3rd).

Do you have season tix to the giants by any chance?
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
It is funny how Zito went from hated to loved over the last year-Ish. He isn't just winning, but his command is great and he is hitting. I used to be a Zito booer, now I just root for his ass and the story of it. Really cool.

He's going to pitch over 200 innings and trigger his option. He's pitching for $11,000,000.

lol are you actually suggesting that he just started putting forth the effort to do well because he wants to earn a little more cash next season?

Something changed, which has allowed him to control his pitches. Its not a matter of trying harder for a bonus.

Its not just the command although that is huge. He developed the cutter and has much more movement that he had a couple of years ago. With more movement on his pitches and better control he has become a true pitcher. Lincecum should learn from him.

My thoughts exactly... I was hoping Lincecum spent time redefining himself during the offseason, but he's practically the same pitcher.

In order to be successful, a pitcher should have at least 2/3 things: velocity, movement and accuracy. Zito, for example, has learned how to put movement on his fastball and he's able to locate his pitches. Lincecum, on the other hand, has movement, but his velocity is down and he has ZERO accuracy, hence why he sucks now.

It's obviously not that simple, but it does make sense.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
My thoughts exactly... I was hoping Lincecum spent time redefining himself during the offseason, but he's practically the same pitcher.

In order to be successful, a pitcher should have at least 2/3 things: velocity, movement and accuracy. Zito, for example, has learned how to put movement on his fastball and he's able to locate his pitches. Lincecum, on the other hand, has movement, but his velocity is down and he has ZERO accuracy, hence why he sucks now.

It's obviously not that simple, but it does make sense.

Zito added a cutter that f**ks righties up. They think its a fat pitch but it ends up hitting the weak part of the bat. He's also dialed in with his curveball witch lefties give up on. He's throwing the curve for strikes. Which makes people sit on it, then he blows an 84MPH 4 seamer by them...

he's just dialed in right now. he has command of all his pitches and he is in sync with his mechanics.

Lincecum is all out of whack with his mechanics and he knows it. He's unsure about his mechanics and therefore unsure about his pitchers and isnt pitching but hoping he throws strikes..... he needs a total transformation.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

This. The cutter was a huge addition for him. Also, once he got married, he started pitching great. Go back and correspond the dates. It has nothing to do with money, he has plenty of that. Zito added a pitch, commands all of them, got his feelings hurt in 2010 and worked his tail off to get back to a solid starting pitcher. In addition, he is hitting like .750 and has as many hits this year as he did all of last year.
i wonder who is gonna play Barry Zito in his biopic movie
Originally posted by SF69ers:

Dont know. Is anyone worthy of riding his unicorn?
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

So what you're saying is that Denzel Washington will be playing Zito.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

So what you're saying is that Denzel Washington will be playing Zito.

White face. I can dig it
LOL! Watch, the first below average-to-poor game by teh Lord Zito and this thread will explode! But yeah, I'm still in amazement how he's improved so much (not to mention his reputation) while Lincy's performance (and confidence?) has gone down.

• Garce
  • Veteran
Back to back day games FTW

@SFGiants: Today's (4/11) #SFGiants lineup at CHC:

Pagan cf,
Crawford ss,
Sandoval 3b,
Posey c,
Pence rf,
Belt 1b,
Blanco lf,
Noonan 2b,
Vogelsong p
Originally posted by 9erReign:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Even the Fresno Grizzlies are raking tonight....3 HRs in 3 innings (Brett Pill in the first, Chris Dominguez in the 2nd and Cole Gillespie in the 3rd).

Do you have season tix to the giants by any chance?

San Jose Giants, but not SF.
Originally posted by Garcia:

Pagan cf,
Crawford ss,
Sandoval 3b,
Posey c,
Pence rf,
Belt 1b,
Blanco lf,
Noonan 2b,
Vogelsong p

Noonan
Originally posted by Garcia:

Pagan cf,
Crawford ss,
Sandoval 3b,
Posey c,
Pence rf,
Belt 1b,
Blanco lf,
Noonan 2b,
Vogelsong p

Noonan

Craw hitting second.
Bad weather in Chicago. Hopefully they get the game in.
Share 49ersWebzone