LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 244 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

• Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
RIght.. because someone will want to take on $20 million for a guy who has the worst ERA of all starters last year.

That's why I said offseason.
He pitched well in the playoffs, coulda got something.... Now we're stuck
Looks like Timmy might have to eat up a few more innings. Not worth using the bullpen so early, but I hope he doesn't give up any more runs before they pull him.
Originally posted by sfgiantdave:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
WTF are the Dodgers doing batting Uribe in front of Ethier

Doesnt it feel like Juan Uribe is still looking for his first hit as a Dodger? Hes been absolutely terrible since he signed there.

lol its all part of Ned Colletti's plan as an inside man for the Giants. Schmidt, Uribe, Velez, etc. its like theyre tanking in LA on purpose.

Velez set the Major League record for number of AB's in a season without a hit. 0 for 37.

Don't forget our best rated prospect Kyle Crick was the sandwich compensation pick for Ned Colleti "stealing Uribe" from the Giants

Yep, Sabean wanted to give a big contract to Uribe that year just like he did Huff. He lucked out that the guy who learned under him is a dumbass.
Originally posted by Garcia:
RIght.. because someone will want to take on $20 million for a guy who has the worst ERA of all starters last year.

That's why I said offseason.
He pitched well in the playoffs, coulda got something.... Now we're stuck

Not a chance. Again, no team was going to take Timmy with a HUGE contract. A few good innings in the playoffs didnt justify 20 million dollars
chip away
said it before season started.....this is Lincecum's last year as a Giant.

glad he turned down that $100 offer
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by Garcia:
Should have traded his ass in the offseason

God I hope we can get something for his ass, hope there's a desperate team out there

So what? This isn't NFL or NBA with salary cap or taxes, there will be a GM thinking his pitching coach can fix him and work miracles. There's always a stupid team out there

There isnt any GM stupid enough to take Lincecum given his contract. I dont care if it isnt the NFL or NBA. You still dont pay 20M for a guy with the worst stats in all of baseball.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Score runs mofos
Holy s**t. This is ridiculous.

Originally posted by gold49digger:
Timmy is done....

It's sad.. Good thing he didn't sign a mega deal in the past
PTOWN CHAMP!
the best brandon on the team goes yard

UNCLE JESSE
Nice catch by the fan!

We gotta ball game, again.