LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 332 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
I thought Ryu sucked I'm sorry but he got bailed out by a lot of dp's. Madison was way better last night and panda is heavier and can lose a few.

It is great that MadBum is starting great early in the season. Hopefully this is a start and that he doesnt fizzle out like last season.

As far as Pablo, I think Bochy/Sabean will get rid of Panda after this season if he doesnt lose the weight.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by danimal:
My thoughts on tonights game.

1. First W!!!!!!
2. I thought Ryu actually outpitched Madison thru 3, but once Madison got that 1 run lead, he took it up a notch, especially that curve
3. Dodger hitters absolutely sucked tonight
4. Giant hitters did well, but we hit into too many dp's
5. I don't just get on Bochy for pitcher changes I don't feel good about, I think LA should have let Ryu get out of that jam
6. Both teams missed on decent amount of mistake pitches tonight, there really should have been some homers in this game
7. We need to stop talking about Panda's weight, he is one of the most athletic 3rd baseman I have ever seen
8. Kershaw and Ryu might be a pretty good 1-2 punch this year
9. I still don't buy Romo as a true closer
10. As much as I want to see Posey transition to first, I would really miss his intangibles behind the plate

p.s. Anybody going to the game for snow globe give away I would be interested in buying one off you.

lol stopped reading after that.

dude had four hits in the first two innings and those hits were all solid rockets. was bailed out by double plays.
I was not impressed with Ryu at all, I thought he hung a lot of fat pitches over the plate that we didnt capitalize on.

Maddy was DOMINANT tonight.
IMO, better than Kershaw was yesteday and thats saying something because Kershaw was damn good.

I am not impressed with this dodger team AT ALL. Outside of Gonzo + Kemp + Ethier (not as good as both previous, but solid) (who have done nothing) there line up is VERY AVERAGE to BELOW AVERAGE.
3B and SS is a question mark. Even when Hanley comes back, Cruz is an average player. Carl Crawford is OK. But why did they sit him vs. a LHP?

They don't have a true leadoff hitter. LF? Hairston? Average. Both Ellis' are average.

Our starting staff has SHUT DOWN their offense, shut out tonight, 7innings 0 runs last night and if not for a lucky kershaw HR we probably lose 1-0 yesterday or win 1-0.

Ryu didnt impress me. Beckett is their version of Lincecum only worse (we will see tomorrow) Greinke is good, but has injury problems and his mid 3's ERA doesnt impress me, he's not anywhere close to what he was in '08. In a way they have 2 Lincecums on their team. The rest of their staff is average.

This team is not that great, all the hype they got all off season Im not impressed.
ryu was absolute garbage, only reason he suvived till the 7th i believe was the stupid dp's we grounded into. if we came through dude wouldve been out in 4

That
Originally posted by SFrush:
wow Arias was tremendous defensively. I definitely underestimated him at first base.

MadBum.

srsly. he was picking them over at 1st base like a natural.
Group hug in the shower tonight !

I initially read this as "got hung in the shower tonight!"

Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by Muggins:
Arias at 1st? I bet he's good at it actually. Last time Fatblo (haha) played there didn't he jack his groin or hammy up?

Yes. Never question Boch. Arias can play anywhere.

See I told ya. Never question Boch or Arias. These kids doubted JesArias
great win last night. madbum looking dominant. and yes....panda HELLA BIG!

1. First W!!!!!!
2. I thought Ryu actually outpitched Madison thru 3, but once Madison got that 1 run lead, he took it up a notch, especially that curve
5. I don't just get on Bochy for pitcher changes I don't feel good about, I think LA should have let Ryu get out of that jam
6. Both teams missed on decent amount of mistake pitches tonight, there really should have been some homers in this game
7. We need to stop talking about Panda's weight, he is one of the most athletic 3rd baseman I have ever seen
10. As much as I want to see Posey transition to first, I would really miss his intangibles behind the plate

p.s. Anybody going to the game for snow globe give away I would be interested in buying one off you.

I dont know what game you were watching but it couldnt have been the Giants Dodgers game. Bumgarner was a beast from the first inning on and Ryu was lucky to survive.

Other responses:
* What didnt you get about Bochy and pitcher changes? Bumgarner had thrown over 100 pitches in the first game of the season. The right move was to bring in Romo and close that game out.

* You dont think Romo is a true closer? Why? Because he doesnt throw 100 MPH? He was nasty again last night with a 3 up 3 down inning and all he does is get guys out.

* Rhu gave up double digit hits to a weak hitting Giants lineup. I wouldnt proclaim him a great #2 pitcher based on one game. Maybe you have heard of Zack Greinke? He has better stuff than Ryu will ever dream of having and will be their clear 2nd guy if he is healthy

* LOL at Panda being one of the most athletic 3B you have ever seen. You havent watched much baseball have you?
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

updating the list:

danimal = Dodger fan

deal with it. he has some nasty movement and he's been money in pressure situations.
Happy as hell with the win last night. But even with the win, the Giants hitters arent doing themselves any favors. IIRC, after 6 innings, Bumgarner and Ryu only had a difference of ONE pitch thrown. At that point, the Giants had 9 hits and the Dodgers had 1. We HAVE to do a better job of working the damn count. I know Kershaw was filthy on Monday, but based on what I saw yesterday, I would say its more of an US thing than their pitchers.

We need to do better at this. Make the pitchers work. Get them out of the game early!
Originally posted by boast:

updating the list:

danimal = Dodger fan

deal with it. he has some nasty movement and he's been money in pressure situations.

I don't get why some folks aren't believing the fact that Romo can be a legitimate closer. No, he doesn't throw 100mph or even 95mph, but his pitches are filthy and that slider is straight NASTY

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
I thought Ryu sucked I'm sorry but he got bailed out by a lot of dp's. Madison was way better last night and panda is heavier and can lose a few.

It is great that MadBum is starting great early in the season. Hopefully this is a start and that he doesnt fizzle out like last season.

As far as Pablo, I think Bochy/Sabean will get rid of Panda after this season if he doesnt lose the weight.

I'll be very interested to see the return we can get for pablo but I highly doubt he'll be gone. He's a fat ass but he brings so much to the team, only way I'm trading Pablo is a for a can't miss young 3rd baseman. If seeing the money the organization just paid posey and knowing he can make a whole bunch too if he just dropped the weight and he fails to do so, dude will never stop eating. Every time I see Pablo I say to myself how the f**k can you get paid millions, play baseball and for a great winning team and not be able and committed to drop weight? I'm sorry but dropping weight should be so much easier when you have money, assigned trainers and have people cook for you. There's no damn excuse for him to come in each year fatter than before

I'll be very interested to see the return we can get for pablo but I highly doubt he'll be gone. He's a fat ass but he brings so much to the team, only way I'm trading Pablo is a for a can't miss young 3rd baseman. If seeing the money the organization just paid posey and knowing he can make a whole bunch too if he just dropped the weight and he fails to do so, dude will never stop eating. Every time I see Pablo I say to myself how the f**k can you get paid millions, play baseball and for a great winning team and not be able and committed to drop weight? I'm sorry but dropping weight should be so much easier when you have money, assigned trainers and have people cook for you. There's no damn excuse for him to come in each year fatter than before

If it ever gets to the point where it affects his play, I'll have a problem. Until then, it's a non-issue for me. He has to know he's not going to get a high-value long-term extension with the way his weight is though. I can't see management getting rid of him unless they get blown out of the water with an offer.

On a side note, I saw that Arias was starting at 1B and immediately thought Bochy was punishing Belt for opening day
[ Edited by itlynstalyn on Apr 3, 2013 at 9:40 AM ]
Originally posted by Niners99:

1. First W!!!!!!

Kershaw and Greinke is the Dodgers 1-2...

Sandoval would be even more athletic if he dropped 30 lbs, so why do we need to accept it?

Romo didnt sell you last year in the playoffs? You dont need to throw 98 mph to be a good closer. He might have the filthiest slider in the Majors. definitely the best combo of movement and control of anyone throwing that pitch. Now that he has confidence, he's a great closer.
Oh, I forgot about Greinke

We'll see with Ryu, but I am sticking with what I saw, he looked legit to me.

I don't believe Panda would be more athletic 30 lbs lighter...in fact we have seen him 30 pounds lighter, and he was the same player.

On Romo, highly impressed with what he did last season and he will always be one of my favorite Giants, but I would not be surprised at all if we see him blowing saves more and more as the season marches on
Originally posted by boast:

updating the list:

danimal = Dodger fan

I guess you never heard of knowing and respecting your enemy in order to defeat him.

He HAS been money in pressure situations. Yeah, fluke closers who have amazing stretches NEVER happens in the MLB

Don't get me wrong, I don't know the solution, and yes he is our closer....and no I don't think Brian Wilson is the solution. I am just preparing myself for a decline in saves this season, that's all.

Romo is filthy and I love him
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

If it ever gets to the point where it affects his play, I'll have a problem. Until then, it's a non-issue for me. He has to know he's not going to get a high-value long-term extension with the way his weight is though. I can't see management getting rid of him unless they get blown out of the water with an offer.

On a side note, I saw that Arias was starting at 1B and immediately thought Bochy was punishing Belt for opening day
LOL i thought the same thing, i was like damn 1 bad game and bochy sitting belt after facing the best left hander in the game
Share 49ersWebzone