There are 168 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

My thoughts on tonights game.

1. First W!!!!!!
2. I thought Ryu actually outpitched Madison thru 3, but once Madison got that 1 run lead, he took it up a notch, especially that curve
3. Dodger hitters absolutely sucked tonight
4. Giant hitters did well, but we hit into too many dp's
5. I don't just get on Bochy for pitcher changes I don't feel good about, I think LA should have let Ryu get out of that jam
6. Both teams missed on decent amount of mistake pitches tonight, there really should have been some homers in this game
7. We need to stop talking about Panda's weight, he is one of the most athletic 3rd baseman I have ever seen
8. Kershaw and Ryu might be a pretty good 1-2 punch this year
9. I still don't buy Romo as a true closer
10. As much as I want to see Posey transition to first, I would really miss his intangibles behind the plate

p.s. Anybody going to the game for snow globe give away I would be interested in buying one off you.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:
I didn't notice any snot rockets today. Have they gone away?

dude, he was firing them away, dont know how you missed them

man the Wife was making me laugh, talking about how the fielders should be afraid to touch the ball and how they need hand sanitizer on the mound
Originally posted by Bleed49ers4Life:
Originally posted by Leathaface:
Giants beat the Dogs + 49ers sign Nnamdi to a great contract = nice day

Yup Good s**t Today. Im bout it !!

Im bout dis lyfe
Anyone who gets a snow globe and sells it is wack
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

well if a couple goes, do you really need two? Or three for all three kids? That type of thing. Yeah I wouldn't expect anyone to sell there one and only
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

well if a couple goes, do you really need two? Or three for all three kids? That type of thing. Yeah I wouldn't expect anyone to sell there one and only

Well that's true I guess. You can probably find one on ebay I'd bet.

I'm gonna look for a Posey bobblehead.
  • Garce
  • Veteran

1. First W!!!!!!
2. I thought Ryu actually outpitched Madison thru 3, but once Madison got that 1 run lead, he took it up a notch, especially that curve
5. I don't just get on Bochy for pitcher changes I don't feel good about, I think LA should have let Ryu get out of that jam
6. Both teams missed on decent amount of mistake pitches tonight, there really should have been some homers in this game
7. We need to stop talking about Panda's weight, he is one of the most athletic 3rd baseman I have ever seen
10. As much as I want to see Posey transition to first, I would really miss his intangibles behind the plate

p.s. Anybody going to the game for snow globe give away I would be interested in buying one off you.

lol stopped reading after that.

dude had four hits in the first two innings and those hits were all solid rockets. was bailed out by double plays.
I was not impressed with Ryu at all, I thought he hung a lot of fat pitches over the plate that we didnt capitalize on.

Maddy was DOMINANT tonight.
IMO, better than Kershaw was yesteday and thats saying something because Kershaw was damn good.

I am not impressed with this dodger team AT ALL. Outside of Gonzo + Kemp + Ethier (not as good as both previous, but solid) (who have done nothing) there line up is VERY AVERAGE to BELOW AVERAGE.
3B and SS is a question mark. Even when Hanley comes back, Cruz is an average player. Carl Crawford is OK. But why did they sit him vs. a LHP?

They don't have a true leadoff hitter. LF? Hairston? Average. Both Ellis' are average.

Our starting staff has SHUT DOWN their offense, shut out tonight, 7innings 0 runs last night and if not for a lucky kershaw HR we probably lose 1-0 yesterday or win 1-0.

Ryu didnt impress me. Beckett is their version of Lincecum only worse (we will see tomorrow) Greinke is good, but has injury problems and his mid 3's ERA doesnt impress me, he's not anywhere close to what he was in '08. In a way they have 2 Lincecums on their team. The rest of their staff is average.

This team is not that great, all the hype they got all off season Im not impressed.
[ Edited by Garcia on Apr 2, 2013 at 10:53 PM ]
On my way back to Santa Barbara from the game, amazing vibe and tons of Giants fans decked in gear.BEAT LA!!!
Bumgarner pitched a really great game tonight. It will be overshadowed by Yu Darvish tho.
wow Arias was tremendous defensively. I definitely underestimated him at first base.

MadBum.

Originally posted by blacksailsmd:
On my way back to Santa Barbara from the game, amazing vibe and tons of Giants fans decked in gear.BEAT LA!!!

I heard them. THEY WERE HELLLA LOUD!!!!!!!

Now only if we can take over the latrine like we do at petco......
Really anticipating tomorrow nights matchup of Lincecum v Beckett.

Lincecum is gonna have to have at least a decent year for this team to win the West. I'm semi-worried about the left handed hitters he's gonna be facing though.
Originally posted by Garcia:

1. First W!!!!!!

lol stopped reading after that.

dude had four hits in the first two innings and those hits were all solid rockets. was bailed out by double plays.
I was not impressed with Ryu at all, I thought he hung a lot of fat pitches over the plate that we didnt capitalize on.

Maddy was DOMINANT tonight.
IMO, better than Kershaw was yesteday and thats saying something because Kershaw was damn good.

I am not impressed with this dodger team AT ALL. Outside of Gonzo + Kemp + Ethier (not as good as both previous, but solid) (who have done nothing) there line up is VERY AVERAGE to BELOW AVERAGE.
3B and SS is a question mark. Even when Hanley comes back, Cruz is an average player. Carl Crawford is OK. But why did they sit him vs. a LHP?

They don't have a true leadoff hitter. LF? Hairston? Average. Both Ellis' are average.

Our starting staff has SHUT DOWN their offense, shut out tonight, 7innings 0 runs last night and if not for a lucky kershaw HR we probably lose 1-0 yesterday or win 1-0.

Ryu didnt impress me. Beckett is their version of Lincecum only worse (we will see tomorrow) Greinke is good, but has injury problems and his mid 3's ERA doesnt impress me, he's not anywhere close to what he was in '08. In a way they have 2 Lincecums on their team. The rest of their staff is average.

This team is not that great, all the hype they got all off season Im not impressed.
ryu was absolute garbage, only reason he suvived till the 7th i believe was the stupid dp's we grounded into. if we came through dude wouldve been out in 4

1. First W!!!!!!

Kershaw and Greinke is the Dodgers 1-2...

Sandoval would be even more athletic if he dropped 30 lbs, so why do we need to accept it?

Romo didnt sell you last year in the playoffs? You dont need to throw 98 mph to be a good closer. He might have the filthiest slider in the Majors. definitely the best combo of movement and control of anyone throwing that pitch. Now that he has confidence, he's a great closer.
I thought Ryu sucked I'm sorry but he got bailed out by a lot of dp's. Madison was way better last night and panda is heavier and can lose a few.
Share 49ersWebzone