There are 100 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

• IT21
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Must be nice to be able to monopolize 7 out of 9 Bay Area counties and obstruct a regional rival from moving to a county 45 miles away from you, and which that team graciously allowed you to have 20 years ago so didn't have to move to Florida...

Funny to think that the Giants would be the Tampa bay rays if it weren't for the A's stupid ass owners
Wait, so the A's let us have SJ to help us stay in the Bay in 1993? Not sure I'm following correctly...
Cole Gillespie didn't make the final 25. We'll carry three catchers to start the season.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by notsoempty86:
Yes it is nice. Baseball is a business, and the giants are better at it.

Boom
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SFrush:
Cole Gillespie didn't make the final 25. We'll carry three catchers to start the season.

quiroz!
Originally posted by SFrush:

I wonder if Pill or Gillespie gets Quiroz's spot as soon as Sanchez is healthy.
Originally posted by Muggins:
Wait, so the A's let us have SJ to help us stay in the Bay in 1993? Not sure I'm following correctly...

I'm not too sure why the A's did it but SJ was originally theirs.
Originally posted by InconvenienTTruth21:
Or because Lew Wolf is a piece of s**t scrooge mcduck owner that doesn't care about winning at all.

Pretty sure if Billy Beane was given the money that nearly every other GM is given by their owner to keep his stars the A's would be a contender year in and year out. I feel bad for the guy and love him for not leaving us for any other franchise, because we all know he easily could if he wanted to.

Man, oakland had some TERRIBLE oweners

al davis (since the 90's)
cohan
wolf

• IT21
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Man, oakland had some TERRIBLE oweners

al davis (since the 90's)
cohan
wolf

hopefully lew wolf sells like Cohan did :)
[ Edited by InconvenienTTruth21 on Mar 30, 2013 at 8:43 PM ]
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Peguero didn't make it..... maybe if Quiroz gets dropped, he will be added...we only have 4 OFs
Originally posted by Niners99:
Posey is going to be a Giant until 2022.

This is why the Giants are a better franchise than the A's. This is why they dominate bay area baseball popularity.

They have always prioritized keeping their stars/fan favorites. I bought a Posey authentic in the summer of 2010, and then a home authentic last year because I knew hed get locked up longterm. The core of Posey/Cain/Bumgarner is going to be around for a LONG time.

Must be nice to be able to monopolize 7 out of 9 Bay Area counties and obstruct a regional rival from moving to a county 45 miles away from you, and which that team graciously allowed you to have 20 years ago so didn't have to move to Florida...

Our territorial rights have nothing to do with the fact that the A's dont run their business to please the fans.

I feel bad for A's fans sometimes, when they arent making comments like that one. The ownership refuses to prioritize the fans, plain and simple. Its one continuous rebuilding cycle, which is why A's baseball is really more like college sports. Theres so much turnover you just try and catch lightning in a bottle before your better players leave.

The A's now want to use the fact that they handed over territorial rights to help the Giants stay put in 1992 as an excuse to steal back prime baseball real estate. The bay area heavily favors the Giants, and always have from the days they first brought them Major League ball.
Posey is going to be a Giant until 2022.

This is why the Giants are a better franchise than the A's. This is why they dominate bay area baseball popularity.

They have always prioritized keeping their stars/fan favorites. I bought a Posey authentic in the summer of 2010, and then a home authentic last year because I knew hed get locked up longterm. The core of Posey/Cain/Bumgarner is going to be around for a LONG time.

Our territorial rights have nothing to do with the fact that the A's dont run their business to please the fans.

I feel bad for A's fans sometimes, when they arent making comments like that one. The ownership refuses to prioritize the fans, plain and simple. Its one continuous rebuilding cycle, which is why A's baseball is really more like college sports. Theres so much turnover you just try and catch lightning in a bottle before your better players leave.

The A's now want to use the fact that they handed over territorial rights to help the Giants stay put in 1992 as an excuse to steal back prime baseball real estate. The bay area heavily favors the Giants, and always have from the days they first brought them Major League ball.

The A's don't deserve SJ IMO. If they get that new shiny stadium that is made from corporate money, Wolf would still be cheap and frugal.
Originally posted by Garcia:
Peguero didn't make it..... maybe if Quiroz gets dropped, he will be added...we only have 4 OFs

It's either going to be him or Pill and my bet is it will probably be the latter.
RP Scott Proctor delt to the O's for Cash considerations. (Amazes me how we can get something for a guy we were just going to cut anyway).
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
RP Scott Proctor delt to the O's for Cash considerations. (Amazes me how we can get something for a guy we were just going to cut anyway).

More money for teh lord
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com