There are 110 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Posey is going to be a Giant until 2022.

This is why the Giants are a better franchise than the A's. This is why they dominate bay area baseball popularity.

They have always prioritized keeping their stars/fan favorites. I bought a Posey authentic in the summer of 2010, and then a home authentic last year because I knew hed get locked up longterm. The core of Posey/Cain/Bumgarner is going to be around for a LONG time.

So do you think Posey will eventually move to 1B permanently later in his career? Most of media baseball analysts seem to think so, even if that means that will create a conflict if Brandon Belt finally wakes up.

My two cents is eventually he'll be at third base. You can feel Sabean/Bochy are getting tired of dealing with Pablo about his weight.
Is it me or did the Giants pull off a huge bargain with the Posey extension. Compared at least to what these other jackoffs are getting......
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Is it me or did the Giants pull off a huge bargain with the Posey extension. Compared at least to what these other jackoffs are getting......

167mil is very nice...I was sure he'd 200+
[ Edited by YungBird on Mar 30, 2013 at 9:32 AM ]
Originally posted by YungBird:

Ya me too. I'm sure by 2020 premier players will be getting somewhere around 35-40 a year.

This is why the Giants are a better franchise than the A's. This is why they dominate bay area baseball popularity.

They have always prioritized keeping their stars/fan favorites. I bought a Posey authentic in the summer of 2010, and then a home authentic last year because I knew hed get locked up longterm. The core of Posey/Cain/Bumgarner is going to be around for a LONG time.

Must be nice to be able to monopolize 7 out of 9 Bay Area counties and obstruct a regional rival from moving to a county 45 miles away from you, and which that team graciously allowed you to have 20 years ago so didn't have to move to Florida...
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

Must be nice to be able to monopolize 7 out of 9 Bay Area counties and obstruct a regional rival from moving to a county 45 miles away from you, and which that team graciously allowed you to have 20 years ago so didn't have to move to Florida...

its a dog eat dog world
[ Edited by Garcia on Mar 30, 2013 at 10:32 AM ]
Originally posted by YungBird:

Ya me too. I'm sure by 2020 premier players will be getting somewhere around 35-40 a year.

It could go up as high as $189m if the Giants utilize the $22m option. Either way he has deserved it.
[ Edited by VaBeachNiner on Mar 30, 2013 at 11:26 AM ]
Got a fantasy question for you Giants fans. What's Scutaro's role this year? I drafted him for a utility player to plug in on off days. Is he gonna play everyday or 1st guy off the bench?
Originally posted by TheChozen:
Got a fantasy question for you Giants fans. What's Scutaro's role this year? I drafted him for a utility player to plug in on off days. Is he gonna play everyday or 1st guy off the bench?

everyday 2b
Is Panda playing in five minutes or what
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Is Panda playing in five minutes or what

No.

Yes it is nice. Baseball is a business, and the giants are better at it.
Damn I didn't even recognize redick, dude looks like a mountain man

Originally posted by notsoempty86:

Yes it is nice. Baseball is a business, and the giants are better at it.

This is sooo true.
  • IT21
  • Veteran

Or because Lew Wolf is a piece of s**t scrooge mcduck owner that doesn't care about winning at all.

Pretty sure if Billy Beane was given the money that nearly every other GM is given by their owner to keep his stars the A's would be a contender year in and year out. I feel bad for the guy and love him for not leaving us for any other franchise, because we all know he easily could if he wanted to.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com