There are 140 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by jimrat:
Praying Belt keeps hitting like this

Spring Training MVP so far. Dude will hit 30+ HRs this year if he carries it into the season.

Lets not go crazy here. Hitting for power in Arizona against rusty/minor league pitchers is way different than hitting at AT&T.

AT&T Park has never been home to a 30 HR lefty who wasnt named Barry Bonds. Actually, we havent had ANYONE hit for over 26 HR besides Bonds since Jeff Kent in 2002.

How is predicting a 30 HR season going crazy? The guy is absolutely crushing the ball right now and has loads of power. Do you have to nay-say everything?

As a wide-eyed rookie, Belt averaged about 1 HR every 21 at-bats (9 HRs in 187 ABs). Last year, he got off to such an awful start that he didn't come anywhere near that, though he did seem to gain his footing and his confidence towards the end of the year and in the post-season.

Now with two years of MLB experience, a better understanding of how pitchers will go after him and the confidence of knowing that you belong, it wouldn't be an insane stretch to see him hit 26-27 HRs if he had around 550 ABs. So IMO, it's all about ABs for him.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by jimrat:
Praying Belt keeps hitting like this

Spring Training MVP so far. Dude will hit 30+ HRs this year if he carries it into the season.

Lets not go crazy here. Hitting for power in Arizona against rusty/minor league pitchers is way different than hitting at AT&T.

AT&T Park has never been home to a 30 HR lefty who wasnt named Barry Bonds. Actually, we havent had ANYONE hit for over 26 HR besides Bonds since Jeff Kent in 2002.

How is predicting a 30 HR season going crazy? The guy is absolutely crushing the ball right now and has loads of power. Do you have to nay-say everything?

Its not "nay-saying" when youre being realistic. Belt has 30 HR power in a more offensive friendly home park.

I love Brandon Belt and his potential. Ive been fighting against Belt critics since he was first called up. Im not the guy people should be calling a Belt "nay-sayer".

You have to look at the history of left handed hitters at AT&T (that excludes Barry Bonds for obvious reasons). In 2000 J.T. Snow established a record that stood for a long time with 10 left handed HR at Pac Bell/SBC/AT&T, whatever you want to call it. Then in 2010 Aubrey Huff broke the record by hitting 12 lefty HR at home.

If Belt is going to hit 30 HR this year, hes going to have to be a MONSTER on the road. Even if he ties the home record at 12, hed need another 18 HR on the road to get to 30. Considering he still hasnt found a consistent power stroke, a 30 HR season is highly unlikely.

Id love for nothing more than Belt to hit 30 HR this year, hes on my fantasy team for $1. Im just not going to be upset when he ends the season at around 15. I think anything from 15-20 would be considered a huge step forward for him this year in the power department.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Mar 28, 2013 at 1:54 PM ]
anybody have insider?

http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/blog/_/name/olney_buster/id/9107108/mlb-execs-pick-top-10-players-2013-bbtn-500

where is posey ranked?
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 26,490
Originally posted by ads_2006:
anybody have insider?

http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/blog/_/name/olney_buster/id/9107108/mlb-execs-pick-top-10-players-2013-bbtn-500

where is posey ranked?

2. Buster Posey | C, San Francisco Giants164 points; 5 first-place votes
"Elite hitter at a premium position who has led his team to two World Series titles."
Originally posted by ads_2006:
anybody have insider?

http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/blog/_/name/olney_buster/id/9107108/mlb-execs-pick-top-10-players-2013-bbtn-500

where is posey ranked?

20. Chase Headley
19. Troy Tulowitzki
18. Bryce Harper
17. Adrian Beltre
16. Stephen Strasburg
15. Joe Mauer
14. Felix Hernandez
13. Evan Longoria
12. Matt Kemp
11. Giancarlo Stanton
10. Andrew McCutchen
9. Ryan Braun
8. Robinson Cano
7. Joey Votto
6. David Price
5. Clayton Kershaw
4. Miguel Cabrera
3. Justin Verlander
2. Buster Posey
1. Mike Trout
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
anybody have insider?

http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/blog/_/name/olney_buster/id/9107108/mlb-execs-pick-top-10-players-2013-bbtn-500

where is posey ranked?

20. Chase Headley
19. Troy Tulowitzki
18. Bryce Harper
17. Adrian Beltre
16. Stephen Strasburg
15. Joe Mauer
14. Felix Hernandez
13. Evan Longoria
12. Matt Kemp
11. Giancarlo Stanton
10. Andrew McCutchen
9. Ryan Braun
8. Robinson Cano
7. Joey Votto
6. David Price
5. Clayton Kershaw
4. Miguel Cabrera
3. Justin Verlander
2. Buster Posey
1. Mike Trout

Cano #8?
Getting our rings will only make me sad because I will only feel the 49ers should have been collecting some rings right about now alongside the Giants.
I just saw the announcement that Bochy and Sabean have been extended through 2016. A job well done gets rewarded, so congratulations to both.
Originally posted by Niners99:


I wish the Giants would switch the road uni font to this. Its currently on the jackets. The small block print font we normally use on the roads is pretty generic.

I really like the way this flows, it's a very classy look.
[ Edited by HardEdge on Mar 28, 2013 at 5:31 PM ]
Originally posted by HardEdge:
I just saw the announcement that Bochy and Sabean have been extended through 2016. A job well done gets rewarded, so congratulations to both.

Just saw this as well.
I got tickets for opening day. Will feel good to see some Bay Area sports again. Help heal my deeply infected wounds from the superbowl.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
anybody have insider?

http://insider.espn.go.com/mlb/blog/_/name/olney_buster/id/9107108/mlb-execs-pick-top-10-players-2013-bbtn-500

where is posey ranked?

20. Chase Headley
19. Troy Tulowitzki
18. Bryce Harper
17. Adrian Beltre
16. Stephen Strasburg
15. Joe Mauer
14. Felix Hernandez
13. Evan Longoria
12. Matt Kemp
11. Giancarlo Stanton
10. Andrew McCutchen
9. Ryan Braun
8. Robinson Cano
7. Joey Votto
6. David Price
5. Clayton Kershaw
4. Miguel Cabrera
3. Justin Verlander
2. Buster Posey
1. Mike Trout

Cano #8?

Beltre at 17 is ridiculous
Originally posted by BayArea:
I got tickets for opening day. Will feel good to see some Bay Area sports again. Help heal my deeply infected wounds from the superbowl.

I'm probably not going to the games on opening weekend at AT&T, but I do like to go down by the ballpark and have some beers with all of the fans during the game. Usually it's MoMo's or Petes, and I also go to the HiDive every now and then. Its almost as fun as going into the park, and a lot cheaper than buying a ticket.
Originally posted by HardEdge:
Originally posted by Niners99:


I wish the Giants would switch the road uni font to this. Its currently on the jackets. The small block print font we normally use on the roads is pretty generic.

I really like the way this flows, it's a very classy look.

didn't we have 2 road unis last year? the second was just the SF symbol right?
tonight's game is on tv.
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com