There are 241 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

The Giants and superstar catcher Buster Posey are in serious discussions about a long-term deal, CBSSports.com has learned.
The details haven't been learned yet, but Posey and the Giants have been discussing a long deal, as reported here earlier this week. It is believed he had been seeking a deal to make him a Giant for life.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/jon-heyman/21969857/posey-giants-in-serious-talks-on-big-deal
Originally posted by YungBird:
The Giants and superstar catcher Buster Posey are in serious discussions about a long-term deal, CBSSports.com has learned.
The details haven't been learned yet, but Posey and the Giants have been discussing a long deal, as reported here earlier this week. It is believed he had been seeking a deal to make him a Giant for life.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/jon-heyman/21969857/posey-giants-in-serious-talks-on-big-deal

Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Originally posted by YungBird:

I'm fine with this, he's already my favorite Giant since Will Clark.
Andrew Baggarly ‏@CSNBaggs 2m The Giants have agree to terms on a nine year contract with Buster Posey. (8 year extension).
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Andrew Baggarly ‏@CSNBaggs2m
The Giants have agree to terms on a nine year contract with Buster Posey. (8 year extension).

woooooo
Originally posted by Muggins:
Andrew Baggarly ‏@CSNBaggs2m
The Giants have agree to terms on a nine year contract with Buster Posey. (8 year extension).

woooooo

Wow, I'm kind of surprised we got it done this year.
Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN 2m Posey gets nine years, $167 million, starting in 2013.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN 2m Posey gets nine years, $167 million, starting in 2013.

f**k yes
On a side note, 9 for $167M looks like a steal compared to what Verlander is getting extended for. You have an everyday player, a catcher, who is the reigning MVP making an average of $18.5M a year or you have a Cy Young pitcher who pitches every 5 games making $25.3M a year? I'll take Posey thank you.
Andrew Baggarly ‏@CSNBaggs 2m The Giants have agree to terms on a nine year contract with Buster Posey. (8 year extension).

• jrg
  • Veteran
NINE years?!
:):):)
f**king love this. Giant for life.
8 year 159 mill

The other year is the 9 mill he gets this year

Congrats, you guys get to keep another superstar. Must be nice
Originally posted by Garcia:

f**k yes

Goodbye Zito and Timmy.
Share 49ersWebzone