There are 252 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

• Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
the catchers reaction kills me every time

and that's what Latos gets for being a b***h

if any ball deserves to be admired.... that was it.

So glad Posey is a Giant.

also, it looks like it's down to Cole Gillespie (who hit a walk off HR last night) and Francisco Peguero for our 5th OF spot.

I'd say Peguero is the favorite, but Gillespie, who was a non-roster invitee, could be making a push.
Originally posted by Garcia:

also, it looks like it's down to Cole Gillespie (who hit a walk off HR last night) and Francisco Peguero for our 5th OF spot.

I'd say Peguero is the favorite, but Gillespie, who was a non-roster invitee, could be making a push.

I think Peguero makes it even though I don't think he's all that great
  • Garce
  • Veteran

potential 5 tool player!!!!!

Lol no. 4 tools, you are the fifth tool
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

• Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:

reported for ironing

people can say whatever they want, but the best player in baseball plays for the giants

lol. not quite.

Last year in his first season above AA, he hit for no power, stole 1 base, and batted .272 with a .297 OB%

Hes a defensive 5th OF with a little bit of speed.
Originally posted by Niners99:

lol. not quite.

Last year in his first season above AA, he hit for no power, stole 1 base, and batted .272 with a .297 OB%

Eh, just because he doesn't exploit his tools in-game doesn't mean he doesn't have them. I've read a few scouting reports saying he has good raw power, can hit for average, has the speed to be a 20+ steal guy and has a plus arm in the OF and is obviously a good defender.

Do I think he pans out? Probably not, but it's not because he doesn't have the tools, he just doesn't know how to use them. Hopefully he's a late bloomer, but I doubt it.
Also, reasons why we have the best catcher in baseball:

#!

Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

lol. not quite.

Eh, just because he doesn't exploit his tools in-game doesn't mean he doesn't have them.I've read a few scouting reports saying he has good raw power, can hit for average, has the speed to be a 20+ steal guy and has a plus arm in the OF and is obviously a good defender.

Do I think he pans out? Probably not, but it's not because he doesn't have the tools, he just doesn't know how to use them. Hopefully he's a late bloomer, but I doubt it.

LOL.

You know, i hear Joaquin Arias has 50 HR power. He just doesnt use it in games..

lol. not quite.

Eh, just because he doesn't exploit his tools in-game doesn't mean he doesn't have them.I've read a few scouting reports saying he has good raw power, can hit for average, has the speed to be a 20+ steal guy and has a plus arm in the OF and is obviously a good defender.

LOL.

You know, i hear Joaquin Arias has 50 HR power. He just doesnt use it in games..

There's a difference between plus raw power and speed and being able to harness it. Case and point, Gary Brown is a plus plus runner but can't steal bases without getting caught to save his life. In regards to Peguero, if you look at his swing, he doesn't get his hands inside the ball enough to actually hit for the power he should. Plus his plate approach is also borderline atrocious. Hence my comment: good tools, can't figure out how to use them.
  • Garce
  • Veteran

lol. not quite.

LOL.

There's a difference between plus raw power and speed and being able to harness it. Case and point, Gary Brown is a plus plus runner but can't steal bases without getting caught to save his life. In regards to Peguero, if you look at his swing, he doesn't get his hands inside the ball enough to actually hit for the power he should. Plus his plate approach is also borderline atrocious. Hence my comment: good tools, can't figure out how to use them.

I'm gonna go on record and say Peguero has a better overall career than Gary Brown.
Dammit Pablo! Built up chicken grease in his elbow. Fuuuu
I wish sabean traded brown instead of wheeler have a feeling brown would be nothing but a 4th outfielder, he's what 25 and his hitting is a big problem
Share 49ersWebzone