LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 287 users in the forums

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Pill had knee surgery this morning btw, should be back in three weeks. Rumors of him being traded.....which I find strange.

You cant trade an injured player.

There were rumors previously, and yeah you can: Carl Crawford for example.

"Injured players may not be traded without permission of the Commissioner nor may they be optioned to the minors, though they may be assigned to a minor league club for rehabilitation for a limited amount of time (30 days for pitchers, 20 for non-pitchers)."

So like I said, you can.

lol i believe you mean to say "yeah, but still..."

Commish granting permission is a special case scenario. As a general rule, you cant trade injured players. Thats why trades fall through when someone fails a physical.
Pill had knee surgery this morning btw, should be back in three weeks. Rumors of him being traded.....which I find strange.

"Injured players may not be traded without permission of the Commissioner nor may they be optioned to the minors, though they may be assigned to a minor league club for rehabilitation for a limited amount of time (30 days for pitchers, 20 for non-pitchers)."

So like I said, you can.

Commish granting permission is a special case scenario. As a general rule, you cant trade injured players. Thats why trades fall through when someone fails a physical.

Dude, he just proved it was and can be done after you said it can't be done. Jeez

So like I said, you can.

Come on dude, Crawford got traded to the Dodgers and he was recovering from TJ surgery, don't tell me it can't be done.
[ Edited by itlynstalyn on Mar 15, 2013 at 5:49 PM ]
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Did Greinke go down with elbow/vaginal tenderness? Or was it some other dodger d bag?

I hate the dodgers.

Bad case of pussitous. He's cleared to start throwing again, but I find this hilarious:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgersnow/la-sp-dn-zack-greinke-says-he-doesnt-know-whats-wrong-with-his-elbow-20130312,0,2582964.story

must've done that taking out his tampon
didnt we trade for beltran when he was injured and our doctors gave him the stamp of approvale
Originally posted by ads_2006:
didnt we trade for beltran when he was injured and our doctors gave him the stamp of approvale

Nope. He was actually healthy all season until a couple weeks into his Giants tenure. Then he sat our for a few weeks.
Carrillo joins San Francisco Giants' 38-year-old reliever Guillermo Mota, who on Monday, received a matching 100-game suspension for his second performance-enhancing drug violation, after testing positive for a substance called Clenbuterol.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Carrillo joins San Francisco Giants' 38-year-old reliever Guillermo Mota, who on Monday, received a matching 100-game suspension for his second performance-enhancing drug violation, after testing positive for a substance called Clenbuterol.

Mota should be banned from baseball.

?

mota served his suspension last year
  • Garce
  • Veteran
just watched Posey go upper deck in game 5 v Latos.

Wait Wait Wait... What? Again?
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bleed49ers4Life:

Wait Wait Wait... What? Again?

Carrillo?
Originally posted by jimrat:
Carrillo?

Good cus Im not reading that anywhere on Giants message board.
if mota got busted again he would be banned from beisbol

so mota has not failed anything
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Carrillo from Detroit
Share 49ersWebzone