There are 131 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

I'm calling b******t on wheeler having Strasberg stuff.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Muggins:
Watching this Giants vs Dodgers replay from last year.

Where the heck is Ryan Theriot right now?

he has offers from teams but is waiting to see if he can start somewhere
Originally posted by notsoempty86:
I'm calling b******t on wheeler having Strasberg stuff.

Just an East Coast blowjob
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
maybe its the Mets media trying to get back at us for how we fleeced them with Torres + Ramirez for Pagan? Thats a pretty bad trade for them
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by Garcia:
f**k Zack Wheeler, he is no longer a Giant and can eat a dick.

f**k Sabean for that trade - but you win some and lose some.

Time to move on.

This. There's no point whining over this two year old trade when there's nothing you can do about it.

Yea. I was for the trade at the time, now i regret it. Oh wellz....
Originally posted by pdizo916:
f**k Zack Wheeler, he is no longer a Giant and can eat a dick.

f**k Sabean for that trade - but you win some and lose some.

Time to move on.

This. There's no point whining over this two year old trade when there's nothing you can do about it.

Yea. I was for the trade at the time, now i regret it. Oh wellz....

If Posey doesn't get blown up that trade doesn't happen . . .
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

still have more world series appearances and titles than the Dodgers.

Actually, if you think about it, we passed the Dodgers in most of the important category as far as franchise success. We have more hall of famers, more titles, and more pennants.

But they had jackie robinson, doe.
Originally posted by pdizo916:

still have more world series appearances and titles than the Dodgers.

Actually, if you think about it, we passed the Dodgers in most of the important category as far as franchise success. We have more hall of famers, more titles, and more pennants.

But they had jackie robinson, doe.

LOL like that matters
Well, thankfully he's not sucking:

Andrew Baggarly ‏@CSNBaggs Tim Lincecum's fastball was 92-93 in 1st inning. He pitched around a pretty bad Tanaka throwing error in scoreless frame.
maybe its the Mets media trying to get back at us for how we fleeced them with Torres + Ramirez for Pagan? Thats a pretty bad trade for them

I dont think anyone cares about that. The real fleecing was trading us a rental guy who was old, on his way out the door, and didnt carry any draft compensation when he left, for an elite pitching prospect. The Mets even asked for Gary Brown instead, and we said no. With the way the Giants had been drafting high end SP talent, its a real possibility that we traded the next guy in the Cain, Lincecum, Bumgarner line. And for a low % chance at repeating.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:

I dont think anyone cares about that. The real fleecing was trading us a rental guy who was old, on his way out the door, and didnt carry any draft compensation when he left, for an elite pitching prospect. The Mets even asked for Gary Brown instead, and we said no. With the way the Giants had been drafting high end SP talent, its a real possibility that we traded the next guy in the Cain, Lincecum, Bumgarner line. And for a low % chance at repeating.

it was wishful thinking, lol
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

All you can do is go out and win another f**king world series.... thats what.

It won't matter. Junior GM's will still criticize.

Or everyone in the MLB will criticize.

Obviously this was a horrific trade. Some of us thought so at the time and still do. It doesnt take away the joy of winning the WS. What it DOES do is reduce the chances of winning it again and again. Wheeler would have either been a top of the rotation for us or could have been traded for a young stud everyday power hitter.

Just because the Giants won the title 2 times doesnt mean that Sabean is immune to criticism.

True, but it's tempered with a note of thanks that we at least have 2 more titles than the Dodgers do in this decade...and the decade is young.

I can live with that moment of insanity/stupidity/hubris by Sabes because of the unbelievably awesome memories these two recent 2 WS titles have given me.
Pill crushed two home runs today as the DH.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Pill crushed two home runs today as the DH.

Minor League HOFer, right alongside Todd Linden
[ Edited by Garcia on Feb 26, 2013 at 3:55 PM ]
Originally posted by Niners99:

ha ha, we won it in 10 and 12, there is pretty much no way you could call 11 a low % chance at winning the WS.

I have never seen a team win 2 of 3 and not be contenders in that middle year too. In any sport. Beltran gave us a good chance of winning it again. Wheeler is an unknown with no value in 11 and evidently 12 either

All the Beltran trade haters need to be men and make sure to come back and eat crow on this forum when Wheeler does not pan out. If Wheeler ever does pan out, I will eat crow. The whole debate should just be on pause now until something develops with Wheeler, everything is moot until we see how he turns out

p.s. I did think we had a good chance of resigning Beltran and so it was that much sweeter when we sent him home for picking the wrong horse.
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com