There are 109 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 San Francisco Giants Thread

I find it amusing that we traded the Mets Torres and Ramirez for Pagan, and now we have all 3.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Conor G traded to the White Sox for Jeff Soptic (not even in the Sox top 20).

Gillaspie wasnt going to make the opening day roster, and was out of options. Plus hes not that good anyways. The Giants opted to get something for him now. Soptic is just a A ball RP who throws a high 90's fastball and nothing more, so hes a project. If we can help him develop a solid breaking pitch he could be useful in a couple years.

Dog for Dog.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 26,835
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Conor G traded to the White Sox for Jeff Soptic (not even in the Sox top 20).

Gillaspie wasnt going to make the opening day roster, and was out of options. Plus hes not that good anyways. The Giants opted to get something for him now. Soptic is just a A ball RP who throws a high 90's fastball and nothing more, so hes a project. If we can help him develop a solid breaking pitch he could be useful in a couple years.

Dog for Dog.

happy with this move. Soptic still young.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 26,835
jeff soptic scouting report

Dude can hit triple digits. Hopefully in a couple years he can be an great backend bullpen guy.

356°. Jeff Soptic, RHP White Sox 4/8/1991 - Soptic is a radar gun darling, with the ability to light it up triple digits. A big frame and easy action with that velo is something you can't teach. He was hit hard in CC though and has to learn to pitch low in the zone. Might be best suited to learn a sinker and develop his slider. Projects as a RP due to well below average secondaries. ETA 2014.


http://baseballinstinct.com/2012/02/03/prospect-instinct-jeffrey-soptic-rhp-chicago-white-sox/

Originally posted by Garcia:
jeff soptic scouting report

Dude can hit triple digits. Hopefully in a couple years he can be an great backend bullpen guy.

356°. Jeff Soptic, RHP White Sox 4/8/1991 - Soptic is a radar gun darling, with the ability to light it up triple digits. A big frame and easy action with that velo is something you can't teach. He was hit hard in CC though and has to learn to pitch low in the zone. Might be best suited to learn a sinker and develop his slider. Projects as a RP due to well below average secondaries. ETA 2014.


http://baseballinstinct.com/2012/02/03/prospect-instinct-jeffrey-soptic-rhp-chicago-white-sox/


Like we always say, if someone can develop this kid, it's Tidrow.

Gillaspie was a really poor sandwich pick, but no one of note really went after him (Wade Miley, Lance Lynn). Still can't believe we got Posey at 6.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 26,835
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Like we always say, if someone can develop this kid, it's Tidrow.

Gillaspie was a really poor sandwich pick, but no one of note really went after him (Wade Miley, Lance Lynn). Still can't believe we got Posey at 6.

another great move by Sabean. Like this trade.
Originally posted by Garcia:
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:
Like we always say, if someone can develop this kid, it's Tidrow.

Gillaspie was a really poor sandwich pick, but no one of note really went after him (Wade Miley, Lance Lynn). Still can't believe we got Posey at 6.

another great move by Sabean. Like this trade.

Remains to be seen. Gillaspie probably wont do anything so not much risk.
No risk at all. Hopefully Soptic can improve his offspeed pitches.
Originally posted by Hopper:
No risk at all. Hopefully Soptic can improve his offspeed pitches.

lol and if hes terrible we can just call him Soptic Tank.
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 26,835
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Remains to be seen. Gillaspie probably wont do anything so not much risk.

not a great move because of risk, but a great move because of the situation and potential. adding another young potential back end bullpen guy.
glad hes thinking ahead. doing his job
  • Garcia
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 26,835
Originally posted by Garcia:

sex
Originally posted by Garcia:

i came
Originally posted by Garcia:

f**king beautiful


Time to play baseball tomorrow. Tired of the WBC talk, get it over with and nobody get hurt.
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com